Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Cobbler

Interesting idea about empathy turns into disturbing fable.

Parent of an infant year old Written bySolember March 17, 2015

I Don't Believe in Many Five Stars, but this Was Close

I say inappropriate for kids under 17, but that could be different if the parents are watching with their children. I wouldn't let teenagers watch movies with Guns and Crime (surprisingly used in realistic scenarios), or so much innuendo alone. Adam Sandler is definitely doing very well in this movie. I can't think of anything bad about his performance, nor of the performance of the other characters seen. It is very funny, a lot of times where you least expect it. The movie tackles a lot of real world problems, such as consumerism, bullying, domestic violence, family togetherness, working hard, and even general human kindness, but it doesn't feel cluttered. There is a magical aspect to the movie, but it isn't so over the top that The Cobbler is over powered. He is definitely not invulnerable in any regard, and therefore must be very clever to solve his problems. There are definitely touching moments. I won't spoil it, but one hits you when you least expect it. There is also a twist, but it was somewhat predictable. Perhaps not for everyone? A great watch for anyone; a MUST see for an Adam Sandler fan (especially those who have lost faith in his ability to do well lately).

Adult Written byaliciaa1 May 17, 2015

The Cobbler….DON'T BOTHER! NEGATIVE MESSAGES

Why is it that all of the black males in the movie are displayed in a negative manner? There are only two black men in the entire movie and one man steals dinner at a restaurant and the second (Method Man) robs, beats women and has illegal weapons in the home smh…THEN, they have the young black kid (the only black kid in the movie) attempt to steal watches…PLEASE stop with the negative stereotypes!
Adult Written byMovie July 30, 2015

Best Movie Ever

I love the part when Jeff turns 21 and still thinks 9+10=21 and always says my name is Jeff

Adult Written byAnnieL 1 May 16, 2015