Parent reviews for The Company Men

Thoughtful, heavy drama about the downsized.

Adult Written bykhan2705 March 13, 2011

a good drama, loved it.

Bobby Walker (Ben Affleck) is living the American dream: great job, beautiful family, shiny Porsche in the garage. When corporate downsizing leaves him and co-workers Phil Woodward (Chris Cooper) and Gene McClary (Tommy Lee Jones) jobless, the three men are forced to re-define their lives as men, husbands, and fathers.

Bobby soon finds himself enduring enthusiastic life coaching, a job building houses for his brother-in-law (Kevin Costner) which does not play to his executive skill set, and perhaps the realization that there is more to life than chasing the bigger, better deal. With humor, pathos, and keen observation, writer-director John Wells (the creator of "ER") introduces us to the new realities of American life.

wow this movie touched my heart, i was waiting for this movie to come since its release date was being changed from time to time which was annoying. this movie is a completely good experience. a very simple movie with a right type of chord. it features the economic meltdown that we experienced and its effect of some of these people shown. makes the feel of this movie heartbreaking. i liked it. its not UP IN THE AIR of course since that one was outstanding and the whole storyline and feel was quite different from this one.

and i found my first 4 stars movie this year, lol. star cast was stunning according to me. i really like Ben Affleck he is good and talented and down to earth kind. he is just a perfect gentlemen according to me. i would say this is Ben Affleck's one of the the very best performance. he was so good in this movie and was being perfectly cast. loved him. Tommy Lee Jones was above average in it. Chris Cooper was very good. Maria Bello and kevin Costner weren't seen much but they were good too. so performance wise it was a good movie.

direction of this movie was perfect and very appropriate. screenplay was engaging and well written. good story. cinematography was excellent. editing could have been slightly better. i really liked the background score too, lovely. i don't know why this movie didn't got the attention of film festivals and awards ceremonies.

i must admit it is slow moving, sometimes boring but everything in it is so well paced that you won't get bored. i enjoyed and liked this movie very much. its a reality based kind of haunting movie. but with a very feel good end. i loved it and so will you.

Adult Written byfeministandscho... February 6, 2011
Parents need to know that there is brief nudity in this film. A woman is shown topless very briefly. If the purpose of this site is to inform parents, you missed the mark on this one. I do not attend movies where gratuitous nudity is shown and I certainly had no intent to expose my teenager to another hollywood film that sexualizes and exploits actresses with nudity that does not add to the storyline and only serves to titillate the audience, objectify the female characters, or earn an R-rating. Parents, consider kids-in-mind.com for more accurate movie reviews.