Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Conjuring 2

Well-made, thoughtful sequel is VERY scary.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byJWilliams303 June 10, 2016

Just as interesting (and creepy) as the first one

I loved The Conjuring; it was one of those movies that kept me up after I saw it due to its extreme eerie feel and its creepy scares. To me that is what makes a scary movie great; it sticks with you even after its over. A lot of scary movies nowadays seem to think that tons of jumpscares is the way to go in horror movies and it's disappointing. The Conjuring proved those movies wrong and showed that you don't need jumpscares to make a scary movie effective. Sure it had some jumpscares (only SOME), but it relied more on the setting and the eerie feeling itself of being haunted to give it the effect audiences want to see in a horror movie. The Conjuring 2 does exactly the same thing and continues to give you that sick feeling in your stomach as soon as you hear a weird noise in the movie play. Not only does the sound give you the creeps but the demons themselves can give you nightmares. The storyline and the characters themselves are done so well it makes you feel for the characters. Great movie to go see on a late night, maybe not one for those who get frightened easily.

Adult Written bychristian2011 June 20, 2016

Ingenious and adroit sequel to The Conjuring.

The Conjuring 2 is a rarity in terms of retaining the same classic horror vibe from the first Conjuring film and addition to more auxiliary action, character development, and teaches families on how to handle the harsh realities of bullying (from some characters' experiences). This film is also based on an actual paranormal case undertaken by Ed and Lorraine Warren from Enfield, England. The Conjuring 2 would be suitable for teens 14 and up because it strictly adheres to the classic horror genre, meaning no gore, language, sexual content or drug use; however, The Conjuring 2 does not shy away from the intense sequences of terror, major jump scares, and nightmare-inducing imagery, in addition to severals scenes of disturbing violence - some involving guns and knives. The antagonists - the demons - in this film are genuinely terrifying. The Conjuring 2 is a fresh, smart, and captivating horror film that lives up to the classic genre yet with some elaborate twists.

Adult Written byuroobh June 17, 2016
Parent of a 12, 15, 16, and 18+ year old Written byMorkrodnwaygge February 7, 2018

A Tiny Bit More Creepier

This movie, is a bit scarier then the first one, but is less violent. The best character, is probably the demon nun, played by Bonnie Aarons. In this 2016 sequel, there are some jumpy scenes. This is a very entertaining and amusing story. I suggest it for people who can handle some creepy elements. Great movie!

Adult Written bySingam V. October 22, 2016
Adult Written byShrishti P. September 13, 2016

IT WAS AMAZING!

I am a person who is strong at heart so I don't find things scary but I can vouch for this movie scaring the wits out of people who get scared even a little. Highly inappropriate and disturbing for kids. It is a movie which should be enjoyed only by ages 16 and above.
Parent Written byEllie R. August 28, 2016

Adult Written byMatthew M. September 8, 2017
Adult Written byMarie G. November 12, 2016

That's okay

Adult Written byPepe A. August 12, 2016
Parent Written byConjuring June 23, 2018

The conjuring is just scary

I think it's a great movie and it is fine for children 11 and up with there parents supervision. The only part that made this movie violent was the shotgun seen at the beginning but even that wasn't scaring.

Adult Written byPizza G. May 23, 2017

Shoddy acting in lame, formulaic horror

The Conjuring 2 is, like most other modern horror movies, a campy, predictable box office sham. While some of the creature effects are relatively disturbing, most of the horror relies on jumpscares and braindead anodyne platitudes. Some blood--stupid opening sequence depicts the murder of a family. Very mild language and innuendos, especially for an R-rated picture. A guilty pleasure at best.

Adult Written byRarityfan June 19, 2018

While waiting for The Nun

This movie builds up for The Conjurjing universe movie The Nun this autumn. Based on true events this movie tells about a haunting in London. Lot of loud jump scares and consumerism like records, and of course old fashioned London sights.