Kid reviews for The Conjuring

Terrifying paranormal horror movie based on a true story.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybrucewatts December 31, 2016

Good quality horror with no objectionable content

The Conjuring is a really well-made horror film recounting the true story of a Rhode Island family whose house was haunted in the 1970's by a malevolent demon. Although it is rated R, this film does not contain any of the language, sex, or gore all too common in today's horror films: it earned its rating purely for the terrifying scares. For parents: If your kid likes edgy, scary movies, this is a good option to start them out.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2015

Overrated demon possession flick too scary for the faint of heart.

This James Wan flick, like Insidious, has several jump scares and creepy images, but there is limited amount of blood, sex, drugs or language like so many other films in this genre. There is scary "jumpy" and loud scenes, with young girls in frequent danger, along with some non-graphic flashbacks and visions of dead children plus a hanging girl in a tree. Very eerie stuff. There is a quite disturbing demonic possession sequence, especially ramped up with screaming, children in peril and some minimal blood. There is a disturbing doll named Annabelle, which in one scene seems to attack a young girl that is alone in a room locked from the inside and outside. Rare sexual references like "do it again", and "christening their new home". S--ts, goddamn and hell. The paranormal investigators obviously want the best for the Lambert's, and there is a message about love, and how someone would be left behind.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 21, 2015

This movie is Very very scary.

I saw this movie when i was 13 with my mom. as i was and i still am a very big horror buff, I just LOVED this movie. I thought it was awesome. The great thing about this movie is that it doesn't use blood and gore to terrify us. it uses the scares. i would recommend this movie for teens above the age of 13 and very mature 10 to 12 year olds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHolaGurrl October 18, 2013

Quite scary/creepy and a little bit gory.

This movie is quite scary and also a bit gory. It's definitely not appropriate for kids under 13 or 12. It really depends on how well the child can cope with horror stuff, like whether he/she gets scared easily. The movie is really creepy, and I suggest the parents to watch the trailer of the movie with their kids first, and then decide whether to watch it or not.

Teen, 16 years old Written byDavidHi August 9, 2013

Extremely scary and fun horror movie

People aren't kidding when they say this movie is scary. I love watching scary movies (note: scary, not gory) and this one is definitely the scariest I have seen so far. This is not a campy horror movie. The tone is serious and dark from beginning to end and the scares and tense atmosphere are unrelenting. While, do to some serious subject matter, this definitely isn't appropriate for young teens, mature teens should be able to enjoy this movie. The R rating is pretty ridiculous. No sex, only a couple of swear words, and a few drops of blood. I've seen PG-13 movies that were so much worse. In fact, usually, my dad wouldn't let me touch an R rated movie with a ten foot pole but let me see this with him after i showed him there isn't much to be concerned about. We left the theater with him saying that there is no reason at all to rate it R
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!

The conjuring was the BEST movie i'd ever seen

Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2020

Truly scary (but truly amazing) horror flick. Mild for R rating.

Now THIS is what I'd expect from a horror movie. Very mysterious.
Violence: Severe: 7/10
Not as violent as other horror movies, but the visuals can be creepy and pure terror. The second half is the most violent. Lots of haunted mayhem, an exorcism performed, a creepy doll (Annabelle), inanimate objects possessed and doing violent attacks, a room filled with cursed objects, evil possessed people that did horrible things, and more.
Sex: Mild: 1/10
Almost no sex. A couple of kisses.
Profanity: Moderate: 4/10
Extremely tame for an R rating. Profanity includes one whispered s-word along with other minor curses.
Drinking: unknown
I don't remember the drinking in the movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLexigp06 July 12, 2020

Great Film!

I absolutely love this movie! Im 13 and enjoy horror movies a lot. I'm not scared easily so this movie wasnt bad but, there are jump scared, gore, language, and smoking. It's not too bad and I feel 10 or 11 is a good age to watch this movie!

Kid, 10 years old July 2, 2020

The Best Horror Movie I watched!!!(The Movie Review of The Conjuring (2013))

MPAA Rating:Rated R for sequences of disturbing violence and terror.
/What I think:
This movie is the Best James Wan and The Best Horror movie I watched ever!
/Language:1/10 A character says Son of a b-word but doesn't complete it.Ed Warren says What the h-word but that is it.Most can handle it.
/Scariness and Terror:9/10 This is actually in the movie ratings one of the scariest films ever, and there are sudden Jump Scares that happen when you don't feel it.
/Violence and Action:7/10 It has the mother trying to kill here kids but she does not and she goes manically Crazy and trying to stab everyone!Judy Warren almost dies by Annabelle, and Annabelle controls a chair to fly and hit Judy with the chair but Ed moves her.
/Sex: None!
/Nudity None!
Blood and Gore:0 and half/10 The moms face is just a little covered in blood but anyone can handle it.

So Parents, this movie is good for 14 and up but if your 13, 12, 11, or 10 year old can handle these things cause I did then you won't have a hard time on them cause this movie is truly my favorite movie of all time and I am only ten.Plus no one Dies in this Film!
So if this Movie Review helped you than Your Welcome!
Teen, 16 years old Written byKJ APA June 8, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 3, 2020

Watched it at 11

I watched this movie at 11 and I was fine
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2020

O filme mais assustador da história

Se seu filho tiver menos de 16 anos, assista antes e veja se ele é maduro o suficiente para aguentar o puro terror horripilante dessa história. Cenas pertubadoras. Um sangue parcial e extremamente assustador. Não é para sensíveis, eu vi uma vez, mas terror não é uma coisa que mexe comigo fácil, depois eu vi com minha mãe e ela ficou com pesadelos e ficou terrivelmente assustada e falou que o filme é horrível e deu nota -10 hahahahah, minha mãe por exemplo, é uma pessoa sensível a terror.

Teen, 17 years old Written byZachary Ensor May 6, 2020

might kill anyone under 12

not a scary plot it is actually quite happy at parts but the jumpscares are unnatural and creepy things like a woman standing behind a door with a creepy face and lots of screaming definately an 18+
Teen, 15 years old Written byIdk what to nam... April 29, 2020

Awesome Horror Movie About Real Base Events

This movie was great. Some people might recommend this for a 12 year old. But I prefer not to, because this movie has some serious scenes that may cause nightmares for a while. The movie has enough scenes to give you a good thrill. I honestly love it. The things that are disturbing: Paintings fall on the floor. A women falls in a trap and gets possesed. Dead dog. Possesion at the end in a basement. Possesed woman tied to a chair and her chair gets moven to the roof. Woman with a big, scary demonic mouth. Blanket with a pool of blood. A half demonic head is shown, and the other half in covered under a blanket. I can give plenty reasons why it's not okay. I think mature 15 year olds could stand it, but if they still get easy scared. It will probably will be a 16 or 17+. I think MPAA did a great job on giving it a R, as this is not okay for 13 years old.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPugsrock28 April 27, 2020

A modern classic

The Conjuring is a more modern horror film, that is very good however it may not be suitable for young kids, who are frightened easily. Overall its a good movie with an interesting plot based on true events.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylauren.tvd05 April 22, 2020

amazing movie! VERY MATURE 11 year olds and up

I watched this movie when i was 11 and it didn’t scare me too much. Me and my friend who was 12 at the time watched it with me at around 3 am. it was a GREAT movie. the only reason it didn’t really scare me is because i’ve always loved horror movies and they’ve never really scared me. but it DEFINITELY is not for the faint of heart. it is a pretty scary movie, although it didn’t scare me, a lot of my friends were terrified by it. It’s based on a true story and there is quite a bit of violence as well. There is not much bad language. There is some but nothing serious. It’s overall a GREAT movie!

Kid, 9 years old April 18, 2020

Scary

The film has no sex and no coarse languages but lot of scary jumpscears. Not for sensitive people.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKirigiri April 2, 2020

One of my favorite movies

The Conjuring is a great movie! I didn’t think it was too scary at all, there were some jumpscares and violence, I believe some swearing too (not extreme) but no sexual stuff. *SPOILERS* Some potentially sensitive scenes are: a lot of bruises shown on mother, mother spits/vomits blood, one girl is pulled around by her hair, mother tries to murder children, there’s a scene with a maid who’s wrists are slit, a dead woman whose been hanged from a tree, etc. I think it’s a great movie to watch if you or your teens are into horror movies. Although *SPOILER* an animal does die so if you’re sensitive about that skip over that part.

Anyway, it’s a great movie and a great franchise. I totally suggest watching it as long as you’re 12 or older!
Kid, 9 years old March 25, 2020

THE CONJURING

This terrifying horror movie based on true events is a little gory.

This movie follows two ghost hunters named Ed and Lorraine Loren investigating a family’s haunted house and finding the evil within.

This movie is really good but in my opinion the sequel is WAY better. Definitely would recommend this to horror movie lovers.

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2020

Not too bad.

Movie is mostly just creepy. Violence is minimal ther than that a dead body hangs from a noose in a vision with some blood like an arm being bitten and blood vomit. A pistol fires itself. There are quite a few jumpscares as well. I don't think it's for the faint of heart, but it's not too violent and is okay for tweens/teens.