All teen and kid member reviews for The Conjuring

Teen, 13 years old Written byjazine July 22, 2013

awsome movie

this movie is very very scary. definitely not for kids under 12
Teen, 13 years old Written byCupcake12347896 August 10, 2013

Appropriate for kids to :)

It is safe for kids 8 plus though it is scary it is great for the kids My 8 year old and 12 year old loved it you should watch it :)
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!

The conjuring was the BEST movie i'd ever seen
Teen, 13 years old Written byDemonologyexpert123 August 12, 2013

Great movie for teenagers.

This movie is pure horror. There is no swearing or gore just horror if you are a mature person that can handle horror then this is for you. This movie is a great one that you won't forget. The conjuring is not much differnet from other horror movies but the execution is amazing and the character development is fantastic. You can really get a feeling for the kids and can tell they are truly frightened. All in all a movie you do not want to miss. Now who wants to play hide and clap.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySarahøBarbie March 13, 2015

BOSS movie but a lot of scary stuff! >_

Conjuring to me, was thr BEST HORROR SHOW!! My real age is actually 12 and I watched it, it was VERY scary .... there wasnt any blood what so ever except for the part where the poor puppy got killed outside :"( I must admit it scared me for a week or less I couldnt stay in a closed room for very long... but I got over it. The scary stuff are TRULY TERRIFYING but is one of those horror movies where there wasnt any , swearing, sexual activity or much drinking to make it amazing. I would say since I am 12 years that children 12+ can watch it because my friends as well are my age and watched it also and had my same thoughts. The reason why I won't recommend for kids younger is because this movie is mainly about a dolly if I remember clearly, and young kids will wanna throw away their dolls or be afraid of them if they saw it or found out that this show is a true story and happened in real life. I would rate this movie 5 stars because I loved it! Parents my age rating is 12+ and my star rating is 5 stars. Hope this helped ! ~ Sarah :") ♥
Teen, 15 years old Written byIamSherlocked January 24, 2015

MY FAVOURITE HORROR MOVIE OF THE YEAR

The Conjuring is not that scary, it has the best acting I have seen in horror movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed August 6, 2013

HBayazeed Review: The Conjuring

This movie has a PG-13 content, it does not have language, sex, drugs or violence and gore, it is rated R for terror. The acting is amazing and the plot is horrifying. This movie, is for me, the scariest movie ever made.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymt42 April 12, 2015

Good horror film.

I watched this film last year with my 15 year old sister and her friend. I remember enjoying the film, because it was pretty scary and fun to watch. I think it was quite a good film in general, but I wasn't as scared as I would've been alone because I was busy laughing at my sister and her friend screaming and trying to make them jump (successfully). It was pretty much my first real horror movie and I think compared to most horror or other movies it was very tame in terms of swearing, sex and violence but still scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylollipop14 August 16, 2013

Brilliant Plot but Terrifying

The Conjuring is a rather different horror movie, it uses no sex, drugs or language to make it scary, but the old fashioned jump scares. The movie is rated 15A for a reason. As a 15 year old and someone who has not seen a lot of horror movies, I found this movie to be terrifying. It managed to get quite a lot of screams from the cinema and even had people leaving the cinema throughout the movie. I would not recommend people who do not like horror movies to go see this or kids under the age of 15, it's 15's for a reason. Over all, the movie had a brilliant cast, plot and director and that fact that its based on a true story made it all the scarier.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

The Conjuring

It's a really great movie, but too scary and violent for some kids, you should know your child before letting them watch this movie,especially because it is based off a true story, but the Warrens are good role models models and really work hard I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars :D
Kid, 10 years old August 3, 2013

ONE OF THE BEST HORROR FILMS EVER MADE

Genius. Just genius, probably the best horror film ever made besides, The Exorcist. Sensationally entertaining, superbly acted, and most important of all. Very scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJenniferamkarlsson March 1, 2015
This is currently my favorite movie. The sense of terror you get is amazing, finally a horror movie without sex or gore! The most bloody part is when a woman/demon is vomiting blood (in the description on common sense media they say you only see a stain on a sheet, however later she's once again vomiting blood on the floor, it's not scary though.). There are lots of scary (but not bloody) parts though, jumpscreames, the constant feeling of helplessness is horrible, and it's also something that the whole movie relies on, not being able to open a door, being stuck In a haunted house, seeing things no one else sees and so much more. If you're sensetive towards jumpscreams I sadly can't recommend this movie to you. Even though that I must say that the characters are amazing, they support each other, family or stranger they help eachother even though they're risking their lives (though I must say that some characters made some poor decisions helping strangers when they knew their child was in danger)z
Teen, 13 years old Written byLiamB011 December 31, 2014

Funny, scary and creepy

This film is rated 15, but I think it's ok for 13 year olds. As long as they like or are fine with horror movies. The film itself is great with lots of jumps cares and mildly funny moments. Some scenes are quite gory, for example; (spoilers) a possessed women had a sheet over her head, and ends up screaming and coughing blood. Otherwise the film is suitable for age 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byHolaGurrl October 18, 2013

Quite scary/creepy and a little bit gory.

This movie is quite scary and also a bit gory. It's definitely not appropriate for kids under 13 or 12. It really depends on how well the child can cope with horror stuff, like whether he/she gets scared easily. The movie is really creepy, and I suggest the parents to watch the trailer of the movie with their kids first, and then decide whether to watch it or not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byboxperson432 July 25, 2013

excellent movie but very scary!

this movie is meant for 13 year olds. there are some scary scenes such as jump scares, lots of suspense, and many other things. it has some mild inuendo but not much. there is one moment where the male character is asleep with whiskey lying next to him. there are the words s**t, d**n, and f**k. the movie isnt too gory. but there is a scene where a persons cheek gets bitten and blood comes out. theres another scene where blood suddendly splashes on the towel over the persons face.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 March 26, 2015

Another fantastic horror flick.

Well-put, well-acted, slow and fast paced and well directed, The Conjuring is one of my favorite horror movies. Again, it doesn't require jump scares, what really made this film scary is the actual story based on true events and the tension.
Teen, 17 years old Written bytoaster47 February 14, 2015

Good movie really scary

Teen, 17 years old Written byChloeMB January 26, 2015

Terrifying... and not in the good way!

This movie was way too scary for me, watching as a 17 year old... I watched it a few months ago and there are still nights where I am laying in bed in terror because I can't stop thinking about this movie... You see multiple flashbacks of people killing their children and one of the main characters tries to kill her two young daughters... While I do not remember language or sex being an issue, the violence and messages in this movie are not appropriate for children and I wish I had not watched it...
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2015

Overrated demon possession flick too scary for the faint of heart.

This James Wan flick, like Insidious, has several jump scares and creepy images, but there is limited amount of blood, sex, drugs or language like so many other films in this genre. There is scary "jumpy" and loud scenes, with young girls in frequent danger, along with some non-graphic flashbacks and visions of dead children plus a hanging girl in a tree. Very eerie stuff. There is a quite disturbing demonic possession sequence, especially ramped up with screaming, children in peril and some minimal blood. There is a disturbing doll named Annabelle, which in one scene seems to attack a young girl that is alone in a room locked from the inside and outside. Rare sexual references like "do it again", and "christening their new home". S--ts, goddamn and hell. The paranormal investigators obviously want the best for the Lambert's, and there is a message about love, and how someone would be left behind.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDavidHi August 9, 2013

Extremely scary and fun horror movie

People aren't kidding when they say this movie is scary. I love watching scary movies (note: scary, not gory) and this one is definitely the scariest I have seen so far. This is not a campy horror movie. The tone is serious and dark from beginning to end and the scares and tense atmosphere are unrelenting. While, do to some serious subject matter, this definitely isn't appropriate for young teens, mature teens should be able to enjoy this movie. The R rating is pretty ridiculous. No sex, only a couple of swear words, and a few drops of blood. I've seen PG-13 movies that were so much worse. In fact, usually, my dad wouldn't let me touch an R rated movie with a ten foot pole but let me see this with him after i showed him there isn't much to be concerned about. We left the theater with him saying that there is no reason at all to rate it R