All parent member reviews for The Conspirator

Parent of a 12 year old Written bycolten97 May 12, 2011

An eye-opening film, with an exemplary ensemble cast

Robert Redford has assembled an impressively strong cast to bring to the screen a very important and poignant story. Watching this film a couple of weeks ago, I did not know what to expect. What I got was a great film about the trials of the people that were involved behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Robin Wright delivers one of the best performances of her career, in a role that seemed tailor-made for her. Redford follows up a politically charged film with a historically charged film, that definitely is not light on the politics. However, he does succeed at presenting the unknown story of a loving mother and clearly stating the events that followed Lincoln's assassination. The film transported me back in time. Beautifully shot, supported by amazing art direction and costumes, and driven by James McAvoy strong performance, "The Conspirator" stands as a movie for the times, that will definitely be revisited for years to come.
Adult Written byStonesNYC@aol.com April 15, 2011

This movie is so good for telling us (and kids from middle school through college) about an unknown, important story within one of the most important events in American history.