Kid reviews for The Core

The Core Poster Image

Very violent!

Too much killing. This movie still scares me today. Very scary. No one should watch it because of how stupid it is.

The Core is the first Pixar Movie

The Core is a 1995 Pixar Movie from Universal Pictures. The Core marks the debut of the Kiramagers 23 years before Mashin Sentai Kiramager. Our world is in super mega danger when the earth's core has stopped rotating. Willy Wonka the mentor of the Kiramagers and spirit of the Earth can no longer stand the terrible destruction from our planet, He sends five Kiramai Changers to five teenagers from every continent, From North America, Jason Lee Scott (Tom Hanks) transforms into Kiramai Red, From Africa, Billy Cranston (Will Smith) transforms into Kiramai Blue, From South America, Zack Taylor (Jim Carrey) became Kiramai Yellow, From Europe, Trini Kwan (Jada Pinkett Smith) became Kiramai Green and from Asia, Kimberly Ann Heart (Heart Evangelista) All Kiramagers use Kiramai Swords and Kiramai Guns when fighting against villains. Princess Peach and her sister Princess Daisy, Princess Rapunzel, Princess Aurora, Bulk, Skull, Spike, Victor, Monty, Charlie Bucket, Mike Teavee, Augustus Gloop, Violet Beauregarde and Veruca Salt first appeared in the first Pixar movie The Core. The Core is Rated R and was distributed by Buena Vista Pictures Distribution under Universal Pictures and was directed by Tony Scott and was produced by Richard D. Zanuck, Don Simpson The Core has an Japanese Dub. From North America, Satoru Akashi (Tetsuo Kurata), From Africa, Souta Mogami (Kohei Murakami), From South America, Masumi Inou (Kei Horie), From Europe, Natsuki Mamiya (Noriko Kinohara and from Asia, Sakura Nishihori (Kanako Maeda), The Core became the longest first Pixar movie in 1995. This became the highest grossing movie in the 1990's.

Really Unsettling... (spoilers!)

I’m very late to the party, (about 15 years since this movie came out) but we had to watch this movie in science class in part of our lesson. I didn’t think too much of it first, yes the beginning was fairly confusing, but long story short, the core of the Earth stopped spinning, which causes a lot of problems, one being that clocks and pacemakers stopped working, people die, birds fail to navigate, they die and cause a huge destruction, and Earth’s magnetic field would soon fall apart, and then the Earth would get scorched. Therefore, a group of 6 people team up with the government to go down to the core of the Earth, and try to make it work again. As we start getting into the 2nd act where the team goes down to the core, they run into A LOT of problems, and in that case, 4 out of the 6 teammates die. Each at different times, one dude, gets hit in the head with a rock (while they’re in the mantle) and he starts bleeding and falls into magma. Then there is a scientist who basically gets crushed to death and screams in pain, which was very hard to watch, mind you, this was shown in front of middle schoolers. Then (the saddest death I. My opinion) was a scientist, who had to go down into this chamber room, that was 9000 degrees, and obviously, their suits couldn’t handle that amount of heat, the scientist screams in agony as he’s basically being burned alive, that scene was very hard to watch, and then finally, another scientist gets blown up by an explosive, obviously, there is a huge amount of violence and death scenes, and if you’re squeamish, or sensitive about people dying, this wouldn’t be the movie for you, there is some pretty heavy swearing, especially for a PG-13 movie, but it’s not often used, but most people can handle that. Otherwise, this movie was pretty intense when it comes to these scenes, but “eh” as a movie itself.

Don't See It

This movie sucks. Don't see it. It's boring and unrealistic. There's a brief amount of violence in it. A guy gets hit in the back of the head with a sharp rock, which kills him (he is wearing a helmet, so you don't see this), and he then falls into lava. That's pretty much the worst you'll see. Also, one of the doctors burns at the end.

Amazing

I'm no movie critic, but I love this movie. I guess I like bloody, blowing up kind of movies (hint hint comic fan) Though, it might be a bit scary when people die. I think there are good role models, since they basically risk their lives to save the world.

AWFULL!!

Okay. so this movie starts off as this: 35 people drop dead at once. All. Then, it spreads to birds. And there is a scene where hundreds of brids die and a little boy is traumatized at what he has just scene. Then, smart people all come together. They go meet a man who has basically comitted his life to a huge... worm like rocket ship. Its pretty spiffy I'm not gonna lie, but the goal of this movie was to bring more real science into sci-fi movies. They make up a element, and use random big words to sound smart. So, they are in the worm ship, and its going smoothly... and this is where it gets deeply disturbing. Bob, the commander, is helping to check on the outside of the ship. He gets hit by a huge rock in his back, and you watch as he dissentigrates in the lava. Next, you watch as Aaron Eckhart's brother Serge, goes back for papers when part of the ship is ejecting, and he gets crushed. You see his neck break as the cell he is gets smaller, and smaller. Then, you see the sweet black man who made the ship, sacrafice himself and go outside in the million degrees to save it. His cries of agony are worse than any horror move you might ever see. Then, you basically watch him melt. It goes on and on. I'm in 8th grade and we saw this in SCIENCE calss! And my teacher is NOT a wack job! This movie is awfull. Save money, dont see it. Save yourself.

not rated for age

This was a little unsettling

This movie makes you think and it scares me when I think about it. I like movies like this, such as The Day After Tomorrow. There is a few disturbing death situations but I guess it was "clean" enough to show in my Earth and Space science class.