Kid reviews for The Counselor

Gripping, violent drama about dangers of the drug trade.

Teen, 17 years old Written byletztalkmoveez November 17, 2013

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

One of the strangest and most hideous movie train wrecks in recent years, and an embarrassing black mark on the record of its supreme talent. Shame on everyone involved in this stupid, disgusting, pseudo-intellectual s**t-storm.

Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 October 27, 2013

Very good crime film

Intense crime drama has strong sexuality, and infrequent but SICK violence.

Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights February 15, 2014

Eeh? Say What?

I LOVED No Country For Old Men back when I saw it, and was PSYCHED for this movie when it came out. By the time I left the theater, both my parents and I were frankly disappointed. This was quite the train wreck of a movie. The actors where great, the directing was great, and the story was, overall, great, but the scripting . . . OH THE SCRIPTING! What happened with it is just atrocious! It had dialogue placed in an order that seemed as if it was deliberately trying to make you feel stupid and lost with rhetorical phrases, out-of-order speech, and characters popping up who almost just fell out of the sky and have no clear relationship to anybody else. Ah. Screw it. I already established this movie's failure. Now . . . TO THE VIOLENCE! I admit that the violence was pretty kewl (misspelling intended) when it was present. Not anything you would EVER want your kids to experience, but cool. In fact, that movie actually pulled a cringe out of me when I watched one of the character's necks ever-so-slowly get cut into (and I have seen anime that some Akira fans would find disturbing and unethical). The only other scenes of violence I recall greatly were that of a guy getting decapitated (pretty grizzly with nice-yet-unrealistc slushing sound effects), several people getting shot, and a severed head being preserved for a long time (creepy). NOT something your kids will want to see. And the sex. I won't go into the tiny details, but my mom was trying desperately to get me to look away from it (Yes, I saw it with my parents). There's a scene where a man talks about how his girlfriend (major character) tried to . . . I don't know, impress, arouse, what? . . . him by humping his car (quoted something like "had sex with my car"); this was followed by a pretty lewd reenactment which frankly I don't want to see again. Also, there was one sex scene at the very beginning and maybe another, but I don't remember any others. Last topic: Theme. The theme was really a good message, but a dark one: Don't mess with evil that is more powerful than you, because good does not always prevail. The ending is very fitting of this, and your kid will understand. . . . Ok. I admit that I gave this movie a LOT of hate at the beginning, but let me give some redemption value to it. IT HAS GREAT REWATCH VALUE, the story is GREAT, and the thriller value is GREAT, IF, and only if, you read the book first. I read the book after watching the movie and felt a rematch would be worth it, and it was AMAZINGLY DIFFERENT. I understood the characters, the story, the visuals, and the craftiness of the movie. I LÓVED IT !!!! (Accent on the o for emphases)!!!! If you have the time, read the book first. If you don't, DON'T WATCH THIS! Oh . . . last note: KIDS SHOULD NEVER WATCH THIS! If its violence made me cringe, no kid should watch it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieAddictionz December 21, 2016

Extremely violent drug trade drama is great.

A lot of things to point out, this movie is a 'no no' for anyone under 17. The violence is very strong, this includes shootings, beatings and nasty decapitations later showing their headless corpses. I'm surprised Common Sense Media didn't give it an 18+ but it is intended for mature audiences. Fairly frequent strong language, strong sex and sex references and drug references as well as some drug use. This is a really good but bloody crime drama, it has a good cast. Again, I'm surprised Rotten Tomatoes only gave it 35%. If you like crime movies, add this to your watch list.