All parent member reviews for The Count of Monte Cristo

Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 August 30, 2009

12-13 years old and up.. WATCH IT !!!

One of the best movies i've ever watched i recommend it in order to enjoy the movie and understand it for teens 12-13 years old and up... smaller teens might find it violent and too complicated to understand... there's also mild sexual situations... not recommended for an under 12 to see it... one of the best movies ever... hope they make someday something similar... NOT TO MISS
Adult Written bysilverhearteddragon June 17, 2010
Amazing movie, but be sure to explain the whole revenge thing to your kids. In this film it's portrayed as something you should do, and kids could get in trouble following that. Also, it's fairly graphic as far as torture scenes, but an enjoyable movie for adults.
Parent Written bynormal parent May 7, 2012

kids 8 to 12 should not read or watch Comte Monte Cristo

i think that kids at age of 8 to 12 should not read or watch the movie because there are things that kids can't understand such as romance or revenge.
Adult Written byChariot April 9, 2008
Adult Written byIzzysammy February 1, 2011

Awesome movie

I love this movie! it is my all time favorite. there are two scenes that are a little iffy but it is worth watching! Love It!
Adult Written bymovie_mad_dad April 9, 2008

Great family adventure

My whole mission as the resident movie dad in our household is to find movies that everyone, from 8 year olds to teens to the grownups, can and will happily watch as a group. As any parents dealing with this age-range issue knows, it's mighty hard ot do this. This film is a great example of a winner in this category. Well written and acted, it's a supremely engaging adventure tale that my teens really liked and my youngest didn't get too scared by. The only caution for younger kids is the harrowing premise of a guy being sent to a horrible prison to die for something he didn't do, it works from start to finish. I highly recommend this as a great family movie selection.