Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Crazies

Gory, scary horror remake with anti-military message.

Parent of a 3, 7, 9, 14, and 16 year old Written byBestmom123 March 22, 2010

John's Review of The Crazies.

My 16 Year old John's Review Of The Crazies Every Friday night my girlfriend and I go to the movies or watch a movie at home. We saw the remake of The Crazies. I saw the old Crazies movie but when we saw the tv spot we had to see it and we did. The movie had some F words and S words. The movie was gory as The Texas chainsaw Massacre remake, The part when the guy put the house on fire was scary and sad. The pitchfork deaths were bloody but not too bloody. The ending was amazing and cool! My girlfriend and I loved this movie! It was scary and cool!
Adult Written byChrisdeedee October 13, 2013

Great!

Great Movie!

Adult Written bywonder dove June 26, 2012

I give it a thumbs up!!

I happen to like this movie a lot. At first I thought it was written by Stephen King because it reminds me A LOT of King's films...but it is not. The atmosphere is very eerie and I loved the action, didn't seem dull at all. It's all very scary and mysterious. The military who let out the virus in the first place are very heartless and violent...killing anyone they come across thinking that they may be carrying the virus too. It's a joy ride watching the 4 of them trying to escape, as they seem like only people left alive. Really cool flick, a lot of violence and some heavy language. Would recommend to those 16 and up.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 24, 2010
the crazies is for older teens that can handle this kind of scary movie but this movie is not for your younger kids and parents you need to know that the crazies has a lot of intense violence filled with very disturbing images such as innocent people being shot and set on fire which can be hard to see and dead people laying in the hospital bed and there's also some strong language used.

Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byxgame May 29, 2011

Crazy it is.

THE PLOT:The crazies is an horror movie about sheriff David,and his wife Judy.It all starts when David shoots a man with a gun in a baseball field.Then,a toxin from the army sets loose around town,turning citzens into lunatic 'crazies'.Now,David,Judy,Becca and Russel shall run to Cedar Rapids alive. ______________________________________________ CONTENT:THE GOODS MESSAGES:Role models are hard working and David protects his wife. 1 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________ ROLE MODELS:The role models are OK.Russel threatens David. 1 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________ CONTENT:THE BADS VIOLENCE:Strong gory violence including an attack with a pitchfork,a man shot and killed,a drill attack, trapped mother and child in a burned,many dead,gory corpses, an huge explosion,a dead woman strangled by a hose,a car crash,and a knife through the hand.And is all coated in bloody and gory results. 5 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________LANGUEGE:More than 8 or 10 instances of f*ck and sh*t,and some of jesus christ and god*mn 4 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________ SEX:No sex or nudity,but David and Judy kiss and hold hands. A character has a secret boyfriend. 1 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________ DRUGS;A man is described drunk.An attacker is killed by a cigarette lighter. And nobody is shown using drugs. 0 OUT OF 5 ______________________________________________ OVERALL:Entrataining and exiting are 2 words to describe The Crazies.It may not be so scary,but overall ... .4 stars!! ______________________________________________ 4 OUT OF 5 OFF 14 - IFFY 15 - 17 ON 18 +

Adult Written bykhan2705 December 13, 2010

a good remake, suspenseful, thrilling, entertaining.

3.5/5 David Dutten (Timothy Olyphant) is sheriff of Ogden Marsh, a picture-perfect American town with happy, law-abiding citizens. But one night, one of them comes to a school baseball game with a loaded shotgun, ready to kill. Another man burns down his own house...after locking his wife and young son in a closet inside. Within days, the town has transformed into a sickening asylum; people who days ago lived quiet, unremarkable lives have now become depraved, blood-thirsty killers, hiding in the darkness with guns and knives. Sheriff Dutten tries to make sense of what's happening as the horrific, nonsensical violence escalates. Something is infecting the citizens of Ogden Marsh...with insanity. Now complete anarchy reigns as one by one the townsfolk succumb to an unknown toxin and turn sadistically violent. In an effort to keep the madness contained, the government uses deadly force to close off all access and won't let anyone in or out - even those uninfected. The few still sane find themselves trapped: Sheriff Dutten; his pregnant wife, Judy (Radha Mitchell); Becca (Danielle Panabaker), an assistant at the medical center; and Russell (Joe Anderson), Dutten's deputy and right-hand man. Forced to band together, an ordinary night becomes a horrifying struggle for survival as they do their best to get out of town alive. well 71% Rotten Tomatoes rating, its pretty cool. still i thought it will be just another silly bad remake and a soulless dull and boring horror movie but, no, it turned out to be a very good movie. i am totally shocked about the fact that how good this movie is. i have not seen the original movie but this one was awsome. its one of the most entertaining movie of the year. right from the beginning it caught my attention and kept my interest till the end. very suspenseful and thrilling movie. it was scary too, not the psychopath people but the movie. i thought they will be zombies but no, the chemical stuff in water turns them to some psycho minded people that become very violent and start killing other people. you can't really tell about the acting performances in this kind of movie but everyone did a fine job, decent one. Timothy Olyphant and Radha Mitchell looked good in there characters along with the other cast. i was not sure i'll watch this movie when it was released, but here i am after like 7 or 8 months i thought i'll give it a try because of the reviews, i wanted to watch this movie along with the others towards the end of the year. it wasn't that important but i was wrong. Direction was good, screenplay smartly written concerning this kind of movie, very interesting, entertaining, suspenseful and thrilling screenplay which will keep you going without getting bored even for a minute trust me on that. cinematography is good too, nice location. special effects are ok. decent looks and all. good styling. i enjoyed it and so will you.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byCASHMONEY162012 March 10, 2010

BEST THERE IS

This monie was outrageously amazing. There was blood in almost every seen. There also was good looking women in it to for all you guys out there.The wepons were cool they use a oitch fork in one of the seens. The story line was alsome. THIS MOVIE IS GREAT!

Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Parent of a 9 year old Written byafdtyfsyfgey November 15, 2010
violent

Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

If I could, I would give it 2.5 stars

This was a very intense horror movie, with lots of bloody violence and terror. The ending was a little generic and the pace was actually too fast; we didn't get to know any of the central characters very well. But, it did have some good scares, particulalry (and surprisingly) the government takeover. The government actually, at times, seemed more scary than the infected humans. Families are seperated, people are tested and strapped down, only to be left to the infected humans. There's also riots, betrayal, and mass chaos. Parents: This is a very intense movie, probably too scary for your young kids or even teens. There's bloody violence and sometimes gore, chase sequences, and plenty of frustrated language. Bottom Line: Worth a look if you have time, but don't choose this over other great scary movies. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Crazies

Very violent, and very gorey. Kids will most likely be terrified by this movie, but parents and older teens will a good taste in horror will relish every minute of it.
Adult Written bycjlewis97 January 1, 2019