Parent reviews for The Croods: A New Age

Prehistoric cartoon sequel has slapstick, rude humor.

Adult Written byMeagjames December 23, 2020

Whole Family Loved!

So much fun! Kids aged 6 and 9 loved and my husband and I laughed our way through.
Parent of a 6 and 8-year-old Written byDale Dietrich December 20, 2020

Another Winner!

Just like the first Croods our 6 and 8 year olds loved this movie. Family friendly. While I give it a 5 and above rating, if your kids are especially sensitive to cartoon violence then perhaps you should wait until they are older. My kids have been sensitised to cartoon violence for years so this was nothing new to them. It gets particularly violent towards the end. But, again, this is cartoon violence. But i don't want to make too much of it. For the most part this was a terrific, fun, engaging movie for the ENTIRE family. It's not just a movie the adults have to sit through grinning and bearing it to have a movie night. It was enjoyable for all of us. It's one of the better 2020 movies for the whole family.

Parent of a 12, 12, and 16-year-old Written byMy usernames al... December 19, 2020

Just hilarious!

My husband and I watched this with our two daughters who are 12 and 13. Both girls are challenged with language-based learning difficulties and frequently have trouble with shows where the meaning isn’t perfectly clear; they are not good at inferencing. ALL of us were laughing from start to finish. The Neanderthal dad is sweet and overprotective and prideful but willing to go outside his comfort zone fir the sake of his family. The women and girls are the heroes, which is always nice. The teenage love that is depicted is squeaky clean. I’m sure kids under 10 would love it too but the hilarity of dad trying to keep his daughter from exercising her individuality might be lost on them.

Parent Written byCourtney W. January 1, 2021

Fun & cute, but didn’t care for boy portrayal

We watched this with our now 14 and 17 year olds. It’s fun & cute. Some of it might be scary for little kids. Disappointing uni dimensional portrayal of young boy(s) - only interested in “window.” I’m a little tired of the girls and women are so great, and boys and men are stupid theme. That’s not a good message for anyone, really, least of all little boys.
Adult Written bychildsnc February 14, 2021

Fun for the whole family

A silly but funny and entertaining movie that the whole family enjoyed.
Adult Written byManya-G February 11, 2021

Family

I would recommend this book because it shows a real family symbol to the kids and parents; It shows what family could really be about.

Parent Written byJenny E. February 5, 2021

Great Family Movie

This was a great sequel! We thoroughly enjoyed the movie which has positive messages and great role models. It kept us laughing and is a movie we will watch again.

Parent of a 8-year-old Written byArthur smart January 18, 2021

Tttttttt

Three are fantastic

Adult Written byObean94 January 1, 2021

Laughs from start to finish.

I am obsessed with how wholesome the croods movies are. No hidden agenda, relationship building, family love, and cute animals galore.