All parent member reviews for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Parent Written byWhatTheyMissed September 30, 2011

Film is misrated!

Should be rated R for mature themes and a brief love scene.
Parent of a 15 and 18+ year old Written byrexjedlulu May 6, 2009

overhyped

Wow. Did I miss something? this was like watching paint dry to me...too long and frankly, the CGI was just creepy
Parent Written byalovell July 15, 2010

Great for older teens, very thought-provoking

This is a heavy and thought-provoking movie, good for teens who like serious content. My teenager really loved it, and we both cried. There is a small amount of comic relief, which appeals to the younger teen, but probably not enough to engage them in the movie for its full length (160 minutes!). The lead actress' New Orleans accent seems pretty fake several times.
Adult Written byMichael Loughrie January 27, 2016

GREAT FOR FAMILIES

This movie is great for your older kids (11+) and an awesome movie that makes you really curious!!!!!!
Adult Written byJEDI micah May 23, 2012

Fantasy and Drama - A PERFECT COMBINATION!!!

This movie is very touching! It actually reminds me of Forrest Gump, which is another great movie. I love this movie, and you fans of fantasy and/or drama will love it too! Just be careful with some of the adult content for you kids ages 13 and under!
Parent of a 15 year old Written bypmonge January 10, 2009

Great Movie

Great lessons on life, strength and personal growth
Adult Written bychristian2011 June 24, 2013

A compelling and emotional masterpiece based off a novel from Scott Fitzgerald

Benjamin Button is based off a short novel written by Scott Fitzgerald - a very compelling and thought provoking story about a man whom was born in 1918 New Orleans as a man in his 80's, and ages in reverse. Sounded pretty interesting when I first read the sypnosis. Brad Pitt brings a very authentic and emotional performance as Benjamin, which multiple people get the wrong impression of him throughout the film, because of his age in reverse ordeal - when he ages, he becomes more youthful looking, yet suffers common ailments and problems as the older folks. He experiences love, humor, trauma, and grief throught the film; and eventually, he finds the one who accepts him regardless of his unique condition. This movie has mild to sometimes storng profanity (d*mn, h*ll, godd**n), scenes of drug usage and drunkenness (one scene a man becomes disoriented and throws up from being drunk), some sexuality but nothing graphic (a scene showing prostitutes and implied sex). There are some sequences of violence, but nothing graphic, mostly shocking. As Benjamin gets older and the timeline changes, you can really feel the vibe and feeling from each of those specific timelines. There's intense emotional thematic material throughout the film, which death and grief is relatively common, and may upset/distress most viewers. It's a definite watch.
Parent of a 9, 11, and 17 year old Written by4mykids August 23, 2009

A very long big bore. Not suitable for young teens and young kids.

It takes too long in the beginning to get to the guts of the story. The old woman in the hospital is oftentimes very difficult to understand. The story itself is probably a good one but it takes too long to tell and there are roo many random scenes that do not add benefit. Overall a big bore. The sexual scenes are not too bad... no nudity... but I wouldn't let my 11 yr old watch it. The scenes go just enough over the edge that kids should not be seeing it.
Parent Written byMelodyMV August 14, 2009

Not just another movie based off a book

If you have the opportunity to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button before watching this movie of its namesake, I highly recommend you do so. If not, you should consider reading it as the short story begins and ends far differently than the movie. After reading the short story and then watching the film, I did see where the inspiration for this great movie derived. There's a type of character growth in Benjamin and sacrifices made are far more sympathetic than of the its original story. This movie carried along its characters with thought, humor, and care, something that was more of a dark humor in Fitzgerald's story. The Case Of Benjamin Button is a beautifully done movie, and although it bore my 9-year old niece to sleep, the teenagers were remained curious throughout the movie.
Parent of an infant year old Written bygrrlie16 June 10, 2009
Adult Written byerbear89 June 8, 2009

You should think twice before going with a teen.

In the first hour and a half, the main character has sex with three different women. That's just way over the top, and comletely uncalled for. Then you add inappropriate words on top. Way too mature for younger audiences.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 8, 2009

Mature subjects not suitable for young teens

Mature subjects, long storyline, sexual content, bloody war violence and intense scenes may not be suitable for people aged 15 and under. This is pretty much an adult film. But maybe because of the fantasy element, kids might like it. Parents are cautioned.
Adult Written byimconcernedblah... February 27, 2009

I object!

This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. And I believe your rating are inaccurate to say the least. This movie was compelling and quite frankly YOU S-CK COMMON SENSE MEDIA!!!! This is not the first time you have degraded gold and passed it off as bronze. This shall not be the last you have heard of me... you shall atone for your mistakes!!!!! (In rating, I was just playing up the drama,this movie was really good(I was just a tad upset about the four star rating)
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written bywehav2 January 24, 2009

A little too much sex/language/blood for my 12 year-old

It was a good enough movie for me to want to see it through to the end, but the content made me a little squirmy a few times with my 12 year-old by my side in the theater. She was bored about halfway through (it's a really long movie) and repeatedly asked when it would be over and we had to slip out twice for her to use the bathroom.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 21, 2009

Well, a very Curious Case

of Benjamin Button which does not sastisfy at the end but gives hope which we all need in our lives. Correct, a must see.
Adult Written bytim45 January 8, 2009

one of the best of 2008

the curious case of benjamin button was one of the best films of 2008. brad pitt does a great job acting this role. the story is well thought out. as benjamin button grows older he gets younger. this affects his whole life. the cgi looks phenomanol. kate blanchett does a good job as well. this movie is around three hours long. it is all worth seeing. the ending of this film is good. some violence is in this film but not anything over the top and there are also a lot of sexual scenes. overall, this film deserves an academy award for something. david fincher is the director he does an outstanding job directing this film.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bycdunham January 2, 2009

Amazing!

This movie was well put together! The movie was like a roller coaster, it had its ups and downs. There were heartwarming moments and tragic moments. The only thing was that it was almost three hours long! Kids under eleven is probably not appropriate. Fantastic though!
Parent of a 12, 14, 18+, and 18+ year old Written bymmzimm January 2, 2009

A delightful surprise, one of my best picture nominees for 2008!

I took my two oldest children to see this movie while my wife and two younger children went to see Marley & Me, which they thoroughly enjoyed. It is a magnificently filmed movie and one that has many emotional elements as well. Brad Pitt is outstanding but Cate Blanchett may be even better in this story that deals with life, death, aging and relationships. What a treat it was! I was left thinking about the movie for days afterward and would like to see it again soon. As a Christian, the offensive elements were minimal and there were many redeeming values in the movie.
Adult Written byterra100 December 26, 2008

One of the best movies ever

If you loved Forrest Gump, then you will find this movie equally beautiful -- a high achievement -- one of the best movies you'll ever see. We highly recommend it.