All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Adult Written bySlaidlaw July 20, 2012

good but needs for comedie for the best movie

the movie was awesome but there are some isusues like violence, now thats an issue. there are alot of explosives and alittle torture but it was awesome i would rate for kids 9 and under. but this wasent the best move because it was not really funny i loved the dark knight, now that was very funny, because of the joker
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byrubberband July 20, 2012

Know Your Child

This is a spectacular movie, but may not be right for younger audiences. Ok, first, love. Batman kisses two women, and there is a scene where he is shirtless on the floor and Miranda Tate is topless but fully covered in a blanket. Nothing a normal seven year old couldn't handle. Violence. Neck snapping that is terribly bad. Men falling down in a firefight. Bane and Batman wrestling. A couple men that get shot. These are to be expected. I have an eleven year old brother who was crushed when he didn't get to go see it at the midnight premiere. But there were some deaths that were a bit too intense, even for kids who have grown up with this kind of violence (a note to devin200, just because we have been desensitized doesn't mean we can recklessly continue watching violent movies). There are men that are forced to walk to their deaths on a frozen river. Officers are shot and strung up for the world to see on one of Gotham's broken bridges. There is a frighteningly psychotic feel to this movie that is spectacular social commentary, but it may be lost on small children. Positive messages and role models. This is something that I feel was done very well. Batman ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to save his city. James Blake is a cop/detective driven to do the best that he possibly can. They both act very selflessly, trying to protect Gotham and stand up for what they each believe in. In the end, it really depends on the kind of child you have. I would have been terrified of this movie when I was 13, but I likely would have understood the messages. My brother is the opposite. Know your child, what they are comfortable with, and what you want them to come away from this movie with.
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypml July 28, 2012

Don't do this to your tweens!!

Not for any kids under 14, 16 would be better. And that's if you talk it out first. If you have any thoughts about this just study a little bit about brain development and you will see why.
Adult Written bympeters440 July 28, 2012

My gorge rises

sickeningly violent in a fight scene between Bane and Batman. It went beyond "fun" to just torturous. The storyline plodded. The best part, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, was a bright spot in the movie. Had a hard time understanding Bane due to his mask/accent. Plus the constant security checks by theater personnel during the showing made for a constant distraction. We left 2 hours in when Wayne was watching TV in prison. Miserable end to the trilogy.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 July 22, 2012

Epic Final Batman Movie Better for old Preteens !

this Movie is Excellent final batman movie but villan in this one bane is very intense scary will scary any kids under ages of Preteen also is Very high Body count of this movie bane kills lot of people by breaking they necks all most of deaths by him is off screen but one is Showing ! this movie is very Violent for young batman fans i saw this movie today they was 3 year in theater today which think is too young see this movie bane is too scary for young kids ! also opening scene is kind Gruesome as shows bane stick these ivs tubes in too guy arm and anne hathway us much of issues with this movie only thing is she is see most in black skin tight Suit in most of the Movie ! i say this Movie is Better For Preteens i love it ! is Must see ! best Batman Movie is great Final Ending Series !
Adult Written bymama k July 20, 2012

Tired of Violence

Just so tired of movies about interesting sociopaths. Can we get some new stories out there that don't pump our imaginations full of destruction? Art imitates Life imitates Art. I would have liked this movie more if I wasn't feeling sorry for the 12 people for whom it was the last thing they saw.
Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Adult Written bysouljaboysuckz July 29, 2012

Very violent

The movie has lots of shoot outs; fights.
Parent Written byJanet A. July 24, 2012

Review

Good film, but won't be taking the kids after what happened in Colorado.
Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Parent Written byDogs1995 August 15, 2012

Amazing

Incredible I wanted to yell out did that just happen!!!!
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bySteffauri516 August 8, 2012

A thrilling finale to an epic saga, iffy for young kids...

Just got back from seeing this movie and I was not let down! As usual, Batman does it again, and this was easily one of the best movies in the series. Now, we know the caped crusader is a hero, but his movies aren't always the best choice for younger kids--- The slightly grim and strict hero from the cartoon adaptation is much more violent and gritty in this movie. There is some swearing, but it's minor, and infrequent. Violence however comes hand in hand with this movie's fast-paced and gripping action scenes; there are lots of explosions, care chases, gunfire, hand-to-hand combat, and scenes of civil war/unrest. There is some blood, but it's minor, the most graphic scene of blood we see is a cut on Batman's forehead, and the (bloody) bandaged face of Bane from a past brawl. There isn't a whole lot of product placement here, but there's a lot dealing with rich vs poor and taking from those within society's top rung to redistribute to the people of Gotham, mostly the escaped/released criminals. Overall, Batman is a hero, and stands up for what's right at any cost; while this can be good and bad, I look at him as being a mostly positive role model, despite the violent fights he engages in during the movie. Although there's nothing overly violent or frightening, the loud explosions and fight scenes may be scary for younger kids. I'd rate this movie on for kids 13 and older.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 1, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT RISE IS AN AWESOME!

The Dark Knight Rise is so perfect!
Adult Written bySlytherin Student July 31, 2012

Batman proves he's got true grit

Batman really proves he has got some serious true grit in this movie. He doesn't give up even when he's forced into impossible situations, he pushes on through his emotions when he is falsely accussed of being a murder and a traitor, and he even is willing to die for his city when his city is ready to take him to Gotham Prison. I couldn't help but cry at the end. It is an amazing movie. It's got a dodgy scene with Bruce and a female that is not his wife, but other than that, not bad on sensuality. Language, yeahhhh there's a bit, but my neighbors say worse things every single day. Only thing I might say for your children being 10+ to watch this, is that if your child has a fear of insane people, Bane will scare them out of their seats. I found him more intimidating and ruthless than Joker, which I didn't know was possible. He frightened me a little bit, and I'm a 20 year old man. And about the violence, don't get me started. Duh! He's a superhero! There's going to be violence here, there, and everywhere! One of my favorite things about Batman is, he won't purpously kill someone. If someone dies on his hands, it was a compleate accident. He never kills. He is a truely good man. This movie has a very positive role model. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Parent Written byThoughtful parent April 18, 2013

Sickened by the body count and non-stop violence.

Extremely violent. Made me feel sick actually. Nothing like the inspirational first movie "Batman Begins." Don't let your kids see it.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

Nice, but think of your child

A great movie, with lots of gritty action and violence. good plot, and christen Nolan returns better then ever as batman. however, bane is scary, and the intense violence and brief sexuality might offend some parents.
Parent Written byhenry.harden August 15, 2012

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Bruce Wayne's black Lamborghini does not make another apperance. In the first 2 movies he had a lambo Murciélago. In this one he has a lambo Aventador.