All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Parent Written byThoughtful parent April 18, 2013

Sickened by the body count and non-stop violence.

Extremely violent. Made me feel sick actually. Nothing like the inspirational first movie "Batman Begins." Don't let your kids see it.
Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Educator and Parent Written byAllen Wang March 28, 2013

Batman Rises

I Think, The Movie "The Dark Knight Rises" Should Not Be Suitable For Yo ung Children And So, I Demand Parents To Not Let Their Children Watch "The Dark Knight Rises"! Parents, Thank You For Your Concern For Your Children's Safety And Always Protect Them Against Violence, Sex, Langu age And Drinking Drugs And Smoking!
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 1, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT RISE IS AN AWESOME!

The Dark Knight Rise is so perfect!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypml July 28, 2012

Don't do this to your tweens!!

Not for any kids under 14, 16 would be better. And that's if you talk it out first. If you have any thoughts about this just study a little bit about brain development and you will see why.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

I like it.

Great adventure,tons of fun,a nice great story,it's just so good,lots of action,it's a great thing,and it's so awesome all the way now,THE DARK NIGHT RISES! Haha! Get it! My review is very similar to MLP:FiM theme song (i'm a die-hard brony.)
Adult Written bysouljaboysuckz July 29, 2012

Very violent

The movie has lots of shoot outs; fights.
Adult Written bympeters440 July 28, 2012

My gorge rises

sickeningly violent in a fight scene between Bane and Batman. It went beyond "fun" to just torturous. The storyline plodded. The best part, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, was a bright spot in the movie. Had a hard time understanding Bane due to his mask/accent. Plus the constant security checks by theater personnel during the showing made for a constant distraction. We left 2 hours in when Wayne was watching TV in prison. Miserable end to the trilogy.
Adult Written byCan January 15, 2015

Violent and scary

Adult Written bydarthsitkur December 22, 2013

I think the director was trying to be a show off when he had bane as the villain lol

if you saw the first two movies and want to check this one out, you should know what to expect, you should easily expect nonstop action and a badass villain lol
Parent Written bymomboys March 13, 2013

Good for adults, too violent for kids

My husband and I watched this movies and enjoyed it; however, I was disappointed with the level of violence for a PG-13 film. In my opinion, this should not be a PG-13 movie. There were torture scenes, a very scary villian (Bain) who wore a mask over his face, and lots of guns and killing. I just thought other parents should be aware...since the movie is rated PG-13, which implies that it is appropriate for teens. At a minimum, preview the film before allowing your teens to watch and decide for yourself.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 25, 2013

Nice, but think of your child

A great movie, with lots of gritty action and violence. good plot, and christen Nolan returns better then ever as batman. however, bane is scary, and the intense violence and brief sexuality might offend some parents.
Adult Written byJEDI micah December 26, 2012

WOW! JUST WOW!

Christopher Nolan has really outdone himself in this epic finale of Gotham City's hero, Batman! Next to The Dark Knight, this is the best Batman movie ever! But like the first 2 movies, it contains a lot of realistic violence that you wouldn't normally see in any other superhero movie. Bane may not be as frightening as the Joker, but he could scare somer viewers. Nonstop explosions, destruction, and gunfire are filled in this movie. Besides that, the special effects, acting, and story makes this 3 hour movie totally worth watching! And it leaves people thinking about how to maintain justice and power. Plus, it was nice to see some Batman characters, like Catwoman and Robin! This is an excellent way to conclude the best Batman trilogy ever made! And for the people who were affected by the shooting in Aurora, Colorado, I really am sorry that any of your loved ones has died. I hope the shooter goes to jail for life!
Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

The best movie ever made

One of the best movies I've ever watched in my whole live! As for the violence can be intense but its a father and son movie! I really recommend for those PG-13 movie lovers!!!!
Parent Written byShivom Oza August 25, 2012

The Dark Knight Rose - Shivom Oza

Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy reaches its finale with ‘The Dark Knight Rises’. Eight years after the events of ‘The Dark Knight’, a masked nemesis Bane arrives with a plan to destroy Gotham city. The Dark Knight re-emerges from his exile to protect it from the looming danger. Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) is in exile, still accused for the crimes committed by District Attorney Harvey Dent, at the Wayne Manor. Having been looked after by his faithful butler Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine), Wayne is confined to the four walls of his room at the sprawling mansion. The mysterious Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) paves the way for the arrival of Bane (Tom Hardy), a horrific extremist, who sets out to destroy Gotham City. Batman emerges from his exile in order to bring an end to the terror inflicted by Bane. Along the way, Batman is assisted by Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman), Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) of Wayne Enterprises and the young cop John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) in eliminating the antagonists. Marion Cotillard, who plays Miranda Tate, is a member of the executive board of the Wayne Enterprises and goes on to play a pivotal role in the film. Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman go on to play an extension of their characters from the previous two films, ‘Batman Begins’ and ‘The Dark Knight’. Christian Bale is flawless as Bruce Wayne/Batman. His character goes through a whirlwind of troubles in this film, and Bale depicts the pained superhero to perfection. Gary Oldman, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman are terrific, ably supporting the principal characters. However, it is the new entrants Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anne Hathaway, who deliver superlative performances. Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman is electrifying in the film, almost running away with the show in the first half. Such audacity, exuberance and intensity, has seldom been inculcated in a female character in the franchise. Hathaway, who keeps getting better with every performance, now appears almost indispensable to the film. Tom Hardy, who plays the masked antagonist Bane, is absolutely brilliant. His terrorizing demeanour gives Batman a nemesis to reckon with. The film should not be compared to its predecessor ‘The Dark Knight’ (2008), as this one is a starkly different set-up. Treat it on its own merit and you will immensely enjoy it. The writers Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan and David S. Goyer, have reinstated the uniqueness of a Nolan film. The film, albeit dark in parts, is a visual treat. The cinematography (Wally Pfister) is astounding. The aerial shots are one of the best seen in recent times. The difference between the Batman films of yore and Nolan’s trilogy has been the visual appeal and ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ truly lives up to its billing. The computer-generated imagery (CGI), already on display in the theatrical trailers, is spectacular. There is not a single lull moment in the 2 hour 44 minute screenplay. The immaculate editing by Lee Smith ought to be applauded as it is incredibly difficult to make such a long film engaging enough, notwithstanding the credibility of the makers. The score by the maestro Hans Zimmer lends an almost ethereal touch to the magnificent visuals. We often talk about Nolan’s brilliance in the script and the execution in his iconic films, but Hans Zimmer has played a monumental role in making them memorable. His contribution should not be ignored. The chant that plays during Bane’s exploits is so haunting and mesmerizing at the same time. Like always, Zimmer gives us the best of both worlds. That Christopher Nolan is a director par excellence is not a startling revelation. With films such as ‘Memento’, ‘The Prestige’, ‘Inception’ and The Batman trilogy, to his credit, the man has set a bar so high that it would be difficult for any other filmmaker to be able to give us a superhero flick that is as impactful. Nolan does not disappoint this time around as well. Often, any film succeeding a superlative film fails to live up to the expectations. However, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ has generated so much anticipation in the last one year that it would be difficult even for the hardest critics to point out a blemish. The film will astonish you the moment, you think it is veering towards predictability. Hats off to filmmakers for not sticking to the norms and adapting comic books with such unmistakable clarity and conviction! It’s been a wonderful year for comic book superheroes with ‘The Avengers’ and ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ hitting jackpot at the box-office. Needless to say, ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ will meet a similar fate. The film totally lives up to the expectations. It strikes the perfect balance between the technology and the human touch. Must, must watch! Shivom Oza
Parent Written byDogs1995 August 15, 2012

Amazing

Incredible I wanted to yell out did that just happen!!!!
Parent Written byhenry.harden August 15, 2012

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!

Bruce Wayne's black Lamborghini does not make another apperance. In the first 2 movies he had a lambo Murciélago. In this one he has a lambo Aventador.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bySteffauri516 August 8, 2012

A thrilling finale to an epic saga, iffy for young kids...

Just got back from seeing this movie and I was not let down! As usual, Batman does it again, and this was easily one of the best movies in the series. Now, we know the caped crusader is a hero, but his movies aren't always the best choice for younger kids--- The slightly grim and strict hero from the cartoon adaptation is much more violent and gritty in this movie. There is some swearing, but it's minor, and infrequent. Violence however comes hand in hand with this movie's fast-paced and gripping action scenes; there are lots of explosions, care chases, gunfire, hand-to-hand combat, and scenes of civil war/unrest. There is some blood, but it's minor, the most graphic scene of blood we see is a cut on Batman's forehead, and the (bloody) bandaged face of Bane from a past brawl. There isn't a whole lot of product placement here, but there's a lot dealing with rich vs poor and taking from those within society's top rung to redistribute to the people of Gotham, mostly the escaped/released criminals. Overall, Batman is a hero, and stands up for what's right at any cost; while this can be good and bad, I look at him as being a mostly positive role model, despite the violent fights he engages in during the movie. Although there's nothing overly violent or frightening, the loud explosions and fight scenes may be scary for younger kids. I'd rate this movie on for kids 13 and older.