All parent member reviews for The Day After Tomorrow

Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byFather Aware July 21, 2010
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 3, 2009

Mature tweens and teens

Role models: People try and help the survivors with their lives. Sex: Some kissing Violence: Some blood, dead bodies are shown consistantly. Young people have graphic wounds. message: Depressing language: Some language like s--t, d--n, a--, etc. drinking: Little drinking or smoking Connsumerismn: FOX news is shown consistantly in the movie. Is the movie good?: Absolutley
Parent of a 18 year old Written byparentandbest August 8, 2012

not for kids

not for kids
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 21, 2012

So cool.

This movie is cool and funny! If you love Sci-fi dissaster movies you'll love this one!
Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

The Day After Tomorrow

Great movie. Kids might get frightened by it from the intense peril.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 27, 2009

A Decent Disaster Movie...Nothing That Good, but Nothing Bad

Parents need to know that THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW provides a decent movie experience, with implausible moments to the roof but some genuine thrills and chills. That is, if it's appropriate for your kids. This movie has little onscreen violence, but there are heaps of intense peril as all characters are put at the mercy of natural disasters they can't stop. People are frozen, whipped up by wind, and hit by falling debris. You see some frozen corpses as well, but there is only one graphic cut on a woman's leg. It is implied that a husband and wife are going to have sex (unbuttoning her blouse on a couch) but they are interrupted by the storm. There are also some "d**n"s and "a*s"s.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 9, 2009
Intense and perilous.
Adult Written bybart April 9, 2008
Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008

Not too shabby!

I went into this movie thinking I would be let down by a weak storyline, but hopefully dazzled by special effects. I decided to let go of any expectations and ended up enjoying the movie greatly. Yes, it mainly revolves around special effects and the "what if?" factor of a natural disaster, but it was done fairly well with decent characters. This is no "oscar winning" film, but it carries an strong political message concerning our planet's future. An overall fun and insightful "Hollywood" movie.
Adult Written byAprilb April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Adult Written bysbdreamin April 9, 2008

Pretty good effects, predictable plot

If you like disaster flicks without a lot of substance, then you will like this one. I can't see what value it will hold for children though, except to just freak them out about something they have no control over and is unlikely to happen. Lots of dead bodies, but not really hardcore gore. This one is about on par with Volcano, that lame movie about L.A. and lava spewing all over. Bad acting (boy, is Dennis Quaid aging poorly!), crummy script, pretty fun effects, but not quite as amazing as everyone was making them out to be. For instance, the obligatory scary animals (wolves) were worse than lame. The tornadoes eating up L.A. were pretty cool though. A much better movie of this vein is Dantes Peak, which only has a couple really scary scenes. I still fast forward through the part when the Grandma wades through the acid-filled lake. The acting is much better in that one and the script is not so much a cringer. I give this one 3-stars simply because the idea was interesting and the effects were cool.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written byartgrl April 9, 2008
I enjoyed this movie very much. The whole story is very interesting, and seeing a familiure city like New York totally changed was entertaining. It's rather depressing throughout the first half of the movie. Lots of people being killed, etc. I've only seen it once, and it's left me wanting to see it again.