Kid reviews for The Day After Tomorrow

The Day After Tomorrow Poster Image

Love the movie, but be aware of peril

11+ for the age rating, but a 5/5 in stars! Movie includes pretty extreme terror elements and peril, I'll go ahead and throw out the biggest negative. People are panicking, there is extreme fear displayed, and "violence" (people are injured, worth mentioning it's not by each other). There is a scene that sends chills down my back in which men await their imminent deaths, so it is quite dark at some points, although they don't scream and panic or anything of the sort, and we don't witness their demise. Make sure to be aware of your child's maturity and know how they feel about certain topics, ie. obviously don't watch with your 11-year-old if you know they can't handle certain things (which I'll get into). Movie includes some horrific aspects as people are injured or killed in the featured crisis, but there's not much gore or blood. Some people do freeze to death, some are injured as previously said, and one woman gets severely sick (no grotesque pictures featured). As for language, nothing too severe. Can't recall any f-bombs, just make sure your kid knows what's okay to say and what's not. Again, nothing super serious. The only thing to mention as for sexual scenery would be that a couple passionately makes out on a couch. There are no close-ups and the session is ended quickly, again, should be fine. Nothing stood out to me when it comes to drinking/smoking, nor consumerism. I'd say that there are some pretty good messages, despite what I've addressed previously. The main character(s) never loses hope and displays bravery despite all odds. Overall the movie is fantastic (if I haven't already made my opinion clear), it's captivating and keeps you on the edge of your seat! Multiple different perspectives are shown throughout the feature and all characters are extremely likeable. This is why I give this film a solid 5/5, great, thrilling movie, but an 11+, as people should be aware of their children's limitations when it comes to extremely perilous situations.

Some thrills good movie

The day after tomorrow is a fine movie. Cool special effects for the early 2000’s. Not as exciting as some other disaster movies and not the best plot. I kinda thought it was supposed to be more about the ice age, and didn’t understand why they put in wolves in a disaster movie

Eh it's in the middle

It has some cool effects that's it

The Day After I reviewed this movie!

I watched this movie when I was 10 and to be honest it's not really that bad. Violence-There is a lot of violence but it's only mild and not that bad there are dead people scenes (though most of it is covered with snow) and a lot of scary scenes of tsunamis and more though it is only mild. Sex-None but a scene of two teens kissing Language-not much but some brief mild language Great plot amazing film 10/10!

Pretty good movie!

I didn’t really think that this movie was very intense but other kids might. Good movie. Recommend it.

Good movie but yet scary

I am very picky on I Action in movies but this one got my attention! This movie a do good there is a lot of disasters that might not be suitable for younger children a man falls through a roof though his landing is not shown he is shown falling also other disasters such as tornadoes a man gets hit by sign and dies immediately a wolf smashes into glass blood on glass a man is bitten by a wolf blood is shown on leg and a lady cuts her leg on a taxi cab it’s a very good movie although there is a lot of violence but there is also a lot of positive messages and Great role models it’s the story of friendship and trying to survive a series of natural disasters I think it’s a great movie

The Incredible Ice Adventure

In my opinion, it's a decent film because we explore the main character's tale. The acting was top notch . I loved it!

Great disaster Movie!

I love this movie, it's exciting and the whole time you're wondering who will live and who won't! Violence As violence goes, a character is cut in the stomach, the would get's infected. Wolves attack characters. People are seen engulfed by a giant wave. Characters are put in serious peril countless times. Tornadoes destroy a city. Huge ice chunks fall from the sky, one kills a man. Sex Common sense media didn't list this one scene! I'm surprised. There is a man on top of a woman in a darker room, they're kissing. Both are fully clothed, luckily. Two teens hug. Swearing. You can see what they say in the Swearing subject. It's not too bad. Is it worth watching? I love this movie, it's action packed and it had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. Littler kids will either not understand or it'll be too intense for them. Great movie, highly recommend it. Thanks for reading my review! :-)