Parent Written byKofib August 15, 2013

Good, but more sex and language than is indicated in the commonsense review

Excellent movie with some very good acting. Nevertheless, surprisingly more sex than I had gathered from reading the commonsense review. There are several scenes involving gynecological examinations, and at least one barely discuised scene involving sexual encounters. Nothing is shown, but it is otherwise explicit. Language is a bit of a concern too. Concerned parents should screen first. The commonsense review is inaccurate.
Parent Written byMoral Parent November 23, 2012

Not appropriate for 15, particularly boys - gynecological moments

Families should know - and the reviewer should have said - there are scenes with a dr. doing a gynecological pelvic exam. No "parts" are shown, but the exam is quite evident. Rather surprising and unpleasant for my 15 year old. Wish I had known this ahead of time. Also, a sex scene that is shown in passing, but quite apparent what is going on. Honestly, you should always double check these movies with the Kids in Mind website. They give ALL the details so parents can be forewarned & make better decisions.
Parent Written byglide January 15, 2012

Confusing but interesting movie for adults - absolutely inappropriate for children.

I would never let a child under 18 watch this film - The theme is quite disturbing and there are death camp photographs from WWII. There are two implied sex scenes - one of which was quite irrelevant and very explicit even though the sex isn't shown. There are killings, stabbings, physical attacks, and a very brutal death at the beginning of the film. I wonder if the parents who allowed these children to watch the film and review it - watched it themselves.