Parent reviews for The Devil's Rejects

A family of sadistic killers—a big no for kids.

Adult Written byJames Hedrick August 17, 2020

Rob Zombie is the Almighty Devil

The Devi's Rejects overwhelmingly has the feel of a fan film for horror heads. A horror fan myself, I enjoy it very much but it is a plain fact that this film is not for everyone. There is extreme violence, torture, rape, language, graphic drug and alcohol use, prostitution, and sadism. Supposedly admirable characters such as the Sheriff commit much of the violence and are not the law enforcement tracking down evil to protect and serve we often find in the horror genera. To me this is good character writing and John Quincy Wydell is my favorite Rob Zombie character, but his conduct will disturb and upset many viewers. The characters are well drawn and memorable but far from admirable. The dialogue is funny and clever, but is a specific type of humor not everyone with appreciate. Featuring crazy and fascinating characters, an engaging script, and a terrific soundtrack, this is a fun movie for horror fans and Rob Zombie fans. However it will find a more limited audience than even most horror and I can't honestly recommend it to most people despite loving it myself.

Adult Written byClaygraphite June 6, 2020

Great movie, not for kids

For true horror fans, like myself, this is a must see. It breaks every rule in the horror genre and really makes your skin crawl. It’s sick and twisted but it’s wacky, hilarious, and genius all at the same time. The whole firefly series is great. Just definitely keep all kids under 18 away from this. It’s definitely only something one should watch if you have a mature concept between right and wrong, fact and fiction.
Adult Written byRarityfan2019 September 27, 2019

You're the devil!

If you loved Passion of the Christ I recommend this, for mature viewers.

Adult Written byOtis Driftwood July 23, 2019

Really one of my all time favorites

Absolutely the most adrenaline-fueled wicked bad roller coaster ride I've ever seen. If you like movies like The Sound of Music etc... DON'T GO NEAR THIS FLICK! But nightmares gotta be loved by some, and if that's you (it sure is me), then I recommend you BUY your own copy. Also, quite possibly the best soundtrack of any movie in history.

Adult Written byThisIsTed419 July 4, 2019

Sadly I saw this when I was 14

This movie is just disturbing, wouldn't the most but its on top of the list. It contains all of what a movie has that kid's nor teens under 17 should see. The name describes what the movie is pretty much about.

Adult Written byMarcus F. November 14, 2017

gore tastic

A brilliant film by Rob Zombi , in my opinion better than House of a thousand corpses, a must watch thrill ride where you can't help but empathise with the main characters,

Adult Written byshattoc April 26, 2015

Retro exploitation for mature audiences

Absolutely out of the question for the kids, but a great movie that harkens back to the days of 70s exploitation and 80s horror, nevertheless. This movies is a great example of retro film making that never takes itself entirely seriously but is still aware that its anti-antagonists are horrible people only slightly more revolting than the supposed protagonists. Nobody who plays any major role in this film shows any redeeming quality at any point and that's the point. It's nothing but an exercise in shlock and abject horror paired to action and road movie tropes that elicit a combination of excitation and revulsion. It works because the main characters are simultaneously disgusting and exciting in a movie where the point is the ride, not the meaning.

Adult Written byAlgren November 5, 2012

Film-making has hit rock-bottom

Want your children to turn into mass-murderers? Let them watch this. Disgusting and totally unneeded in our already sick and twisted society.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 2, 2012

better than house of 1,000 corpses

this review is for the uncut version, this is a crazy and badass movie, it's ten times better than house of 1,000 corpses. the only gripes I have is that it didn't have heavy metal music and the trio dies at the end but they went out like bosses in a bloody blaze of glory. P.S. my mom found out I saw this and she told me not to watch the rest of it but I did anyway
Adult Written bymichael_k0 November 8, 2011

NOT for minors

Good movie, NOT for kids, Iv'e seen it 20+ times, f-word over 500 times, gory. There are people like this out there
Parent of a 9-year-old Written byroaringmini May 17, 2011

Is wrong.. Or..

Story plot fails.. Huge.. SO much wrong.. But at the the time..Each team must work together

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byrebelalliance April 26, 2011

More of an adult movie, mature teens that don't freak out from a movie like this should be fine

Now I know I just gave it an off for 17+ but I'll be honest my son and I watched this even though I feel like he can handle this but it is a terrible movie filled with violence, language, and nudity

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byabrahm January 30, 2011

devils rejects

One of the most horrible movies out there

Adult Written bytvgirl October 31, 2009
Another Rob Zombie movie that is pretty messed up and disturbing. Again, Rob's movie-making skills are not at question. He can carry an interesting story and knows how to direct a film, but unfortunatly he brings it down with disturbing content. In one mentionably disturbing moment a woman is sexually abused at gunpoint to give oral sex to her attacker in front of her husband. There are several instances of graphic nudity. Because of disturbances such as this, it is not appropriate for anyone under 18.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byjsharpe October 17, 2009

ADULTS ONLY

NO KIDS BECAUSE IN THE MOVIE PLENTY OF F-BOBMS,WTF BOBMS,D(D--K) BOMBS AND S-BOMBS. ALSO SEX IS SHOWN IN THE OPENING IN ONE SESNEA WOMAN IS IN THE SHOWER WE CAN SEE BOOBS AND VAGINA ALSO 1 LADY IS IN BRAS AND PANTIES. PLUS THE VIOLENCE IS VERY,VERY,VERY GRUESOME IT'S EARED IT'S R- RATING.

Adult Written byThatDanGuy April 9, 2008

Must see for horror fans.

This is the sequal to his House of 1000 Corpses, however, unlike 1000 Corpses, it's evident Mr. Zombie gave the script some thought.

From the beginning Rob Zombie grabs you by the back of your neck and pulls you in to a world of absolute madness, where it holds you not only hostage, but will also force you to question your own sense of right and wrong when you realize you're sympathetic for the Rejects.

The movie is extremely violent and the use of profanity would make Al Pachino's Tony Montana blush.

Great horror movie, but absolutely not for children or the squemish.
Adult Written bylittle_missy3 April 9, 2008

Look past the blood/gore

Sure every 2 minutes theres a bit of gore here, alot of blood there, but really the movie isn't THAT Bad. Personally I love it. My friends and I saw it in the theatres 5+ times. It's definately not for a younger audience, but the soundtracks great, the characters /actors were well thought out.. the whole movie was put together perfectly. It appeals to a darker side in all of us i think
Adult Written byChristianmom9803 April 9, 2008

dont waste your time

Adult Written byFarva April 9, 2008

Rob Zombie is a Master of Film

This is a great film for anyone over 17. You have to remember, it is JUST A MOVIE, these things DIDNT really happen. This is a throwback to the great exploitation films of the mid-late 70's/early 80's that were always fun drive-in flicks. If you liked any of these, you will love The Devil's Rejects: The Hills Have Eyes, The Last House on The Left, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), these are all great masterpieces of American Film History & The Devil's Rejects proudly takes its place along side them and many others from that era in independent film making. Do yourself a favor, see this movie & remember, IT IS JUST A MOVIE.
Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008