Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Devil's Rejects

A family of sadistic killers—a big no for kids.

Adult Written bytvgirl October 31, 2009
Another Rob Zombie movie that is pretty messed up and disturbing. Again, Rob's movie-making skills are not at question. He can carry an interesting story and knows how to direct a film, but unfortunatly he brings it down with disturbing content. In one mentionably disturbing moment a woman is sexually abused at gunpoint to give oral sex to her attacker in front of her husband. There are several instances of graphic nudity. Because of disturbances such as this, it is not appropriate for anyone under 18.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byroaringmini May 17, 2011

Is wrong.. Or..

Story plot fails.. Huge.. SO much wrong.. But at the the time..Each team must work together

Parent of a 15 year old Written byrebelalliance April 26, 2011

More of an adult movie, mature teens that don't freak out from a movie like this should be fine

Now I know I just gave it an off for 17+ but I'll be honest my son and I watched this even though I feel like he can handle this but it is a terrible movie filled with violence, language, and nudity

Adult Written byAlgren November 5, 2012

Film-making has hit rock-bottom

Want your children to turn into mass-murderers? Let them watch this. Disgusting and totally unneeded in our already sick and twisted society.

Adult Written byThatDanGuy April 9, 2008

Must see for horror fans.

This is the sequal to his House of 1000 Corpses, however, unlike 1000 Corpses, it's evident Mr. Zombie gave the script some thought. From the beginning Rob Zombie grabs you by the back of your neck and pulls you in to a world of absolute madness, where it holds you not only hostage, but will also force you to question your own sense of right and wrong when you realize you're sympathetic for the Rejects. The movie is extremely violent and the use of profanity would make Al Pachino's Tony Montana blush. Great horror movie, but absolutely not for children or the squemish.
Adult Written byMarcus F. November 14, 2017

gore tastic

A brilliant film by Rob Zombi , in my opinion better than House of a thousand corpses, a must watch thrill ride where you can't help but empathise with the main characters,

Adult Written byTVDirector April 9, 2008

Vile and Mean-spirited

I hate to lend credence to this film by giving it more publicity, but I think it really points to something significantly abhorrent deep in the recesses of the minds of the filmmakers.
Adult Written byshattoc April 26, 2015

Retro exploitation for mature audiences

Absolutely out of the question for the kids, but a great movie that harkens back to the days of 70s exploitation and 80s horror, nevertheless. This movies is a great example of retro film making that never takes itself entirely seriously but is still aware that its anti-antagonists are horrible people only slightly more revolting than the supposed protagonists. Nobody who plays any major role in this film shows any redeeming quality at any point and that's the point. It's nothing but an exercise in shlock and abject horror paired to action and road movie tropes that elicit a combination of excitation and revulsion. It works because the main characters are simultaneously disgusting and exciting in a movie where the point is the ride, not the meaning.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur October 2, 2012

better than house of 1,000 corpses

this review is for the uncut version, this is a crazy and badass movie, it's ten times better than house of 1,000 corpses. the only gripes I have is that it didn't have heavy metal music and the trio dies at the end but they went out like bosses in a bloody blaze of glory. P.S. my mom found out I saw this and she told me not to watch the rest of it but I did anyway
Adult Written bymichael_k0 November 8, 2011

NOT for minors

Good movie, NOT for kids, Iv'e seen it 20+ times, f-word over 500 times, gory. There are people like this out there
Parent of a 13 year old Written byabrahm January 30, 2011

devils rejects

One of the most horrible movies out there

Parent of a 11 year old Written byjsharpe October 17, 2009

ADULTS ONLY

NO KIDS BECAUSE IN THE MOVIE PLENTY OF F-BOBMS,WTF BOBMS,D(D--K) BOMBS AND S-BOMBS. ALSO SEX IS SHOWN IN THE OPENING IN ONE SESNEA WOMAN IS IN THE SHOWER WE CAN SEE BOOBS AND VAGINA ALSO 1 LADY IS IN BRAS AND PANTIES. PLUS THE VIOLENCE IS VERY,VERY,VERY GRUESOME IT'S EARED IT'S R- RATING.

Adult Written bylittle_missy3 April 9, 2008

Look past the blood/gore

Sure every 2 minutes theres a bit of gore here, alot of blood there, but really the movie isn't THAT Bad. Personally I love it. My friends and I saw it in the theatres 5+ times. It's definately not for a younger audience, but the soundtracks great, the characters /actors were well thought out.. the whole movie was put together perfectly. It appeals to a darker side in all of us i think
Adult Written byChristianmom9803 April 9, 2008

dont waste your time

Adult Written byFarva April 9, 2008

Rob Zombie is a Master of Film

This is a great film for anyone over 17. You have to remember, it is JUST A MOVIE, these things DIDNT really happen. This is a throwback to the great exploitation films of the mid-late 70's/early 80's that were always fun drive-in flicks. If you liked any of these, you will love The Devil's Rejects: The Hills Have Eyes, The Last House on The Left, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original), these are all great masterpieces of American Film History & The Devil's Rejects proudly takes its place along side them and many others from that era in independent film making. Do yourself a favor, see this movie & remember, IT IS JUST A MOVIE.
Adult Written byllarson April 9, 2008