Kid reviews for The Diary of Anne Frank (2009)

The Diary of Anne Frank (2009) Poster Image

Amazing (Its long so beware.)

This year my teacher was showing us the old anne frank movie (me, being an Anne Frank fanatic,) I was thrilled. I had read her book at least 3 times in a month, and I couldn't wait. Sadly, we finished the movie in a week, and I really wanted to see other adaptations. I searched on Youtube for Anne Frank Movie, and this popped up.. I watched it, and boy, It was amazing. Pretty on point with the book and everything. But then I searched on Google and there is no movie. Only this.. yet someone made it into a movie on YouTube it seems. (Yes I know this is already way too long and no one will read this far) But, In my opinion, the movie I saw on YouTube was amazing. Pure gold. I cried like 5 times, and its just such a good depiction of what really happened. (Of course they use creative liberties, but its not jarringly different..) Still, I may not be the best judge of this show, since I have never watched it. But, I do suspect that these episodes are compiled into a movie on YouTube, but who knows? Maybe they clipped some parts? Great messages and Great role models. Yes, yes, and absolutely. It is ANNE FRANK. You really can't get better than that. Shes an amazing role model. Persevering almost to the end of the war. I know many kids who look up to her. And best of all, she kept believing people were good at heart.. (even if it wasn't perseivable at first) Sexy stuff. I mean.. I guess. She talks about periods and bras, and breasts.. Theres a part in the movie (AND BOOK) where she recalls when she asked her friend if she could touch her breasts.. Sure thats awkward and uncomfortable and weird. But seriously? Also, Peter and Anne kissed. Violence: Not much.. knowing that it is WWII. I'd say 12 +. But any kid, at any age should know her story. [Please don't take offense by these, I just had to say it.] To all thoes who didn't like the movie. (But esspecially the book) : Are you kidding me? What is wrong with you? (No offense) Its Anne Frank. A 13 year old girl. A pubescent girl. A girl that had dreams, just like any other human. How can you rate her diary, her LIFE? And just because it made you uncomfortable, or it didn't end the way you wanted it to? We all know what happened to many Jews (At least yall should). We know she dies, as hard as it is to accept it, its true. Also, dont you think she got uncomfortable in the Secret Annex? Not moving a muscle for hours? I just don't get how someone could 'Rate' her life, esspecially if its anything under 5 stars. Alright I'm done. Wait-

Anne Frank Movie Review 2009

I personally really enjoied this movie. Beware; younger children may not understand some parts of the movie, ex: Talking about periods, bras.. etc. There was just a little bit of swearing.. But I think this movie is PG-13. It seems to show a fairly accurate (In my opinion at least.. I've read the book at least 5 times) way things would have been going on in the Secret Annex. Yet, some parts of the movie sometimes don't follow Anne's Diary perfectly. I recommend this book for people, such as myself, that are looking to learn a little more about Anne Frank.

love it

I really enjoy this movie. It shows kids now-a-days people have it harder. Especially during this devastating time. I wish my teacher showed us this movie when we were learning about it. I definitely recommend it!

Anne Frank

I think this would be good for people over 13 there is some some parts kids under 13 shouldn't see but for the most part it is wonderful for describing the Holocaust

Anne Frank's Diary

I think this is a great movie. It gives you a good idea how it would of been to be a Jew during the Holocaust. It gives you an example of how life was back during the Holocaust.

Zeb's Review

I think that this is a good book for people to read and shows good information about the real story

Anne Frank

I Think it was great! The Best, a little more mature for a eleven year old & down

The Diary of Anne Frank

I think the story is great. I think it explains the plot very good and gives a good description of what is going in. I also think that they could have made some changes too. Some stories are different from the movie. They have different plots and storylines. They should make it one bold plot and stick to that so no one is confuse. Overall though, I think the story is great!

Diary Of Anne Frank

It is for a mature audience.