All parent member reviews for The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Not yet rated
Adult Written bycatarata24 April 9, 2008

Very sad, but touching.

This is more a review of the content that I found objectionable for the rating, rather than a review of the movie itself. I read the review on here before viewing it. So, I knew that the main character would be staring at women's cleavage and bottoms. However, I was not prepared for the actual nudity. There were at least three instances of bare breasts in the movie. Two sexual, one not (a fashion shoot). Also, there was a naked frontal view of the main character, however it was not sexual as he was being bathed. I would not let a teenager watch this. However, I am pretty sensitive to nudity in movies and don't feel children should be exposed to this anymore than they have to be.
Adult Written bydorrk April 9, 2008

Very moving film, but has more sex content than the official review suggests, in flashbacks of the lead characters pre-stroke life, including nude models at photo shoots and a sex scene between the man and his mistress (one which may especially disturb Catholics, as the presence in the bed room of a glowing religious icon becomes an issue). It's a fine movie, with an ultimately uplifting message, but the flashbacks are rife with behavior most parents wouldn't wish for their kids.