Parent reviews for The Eagle Huntress

Inspiring documentary about barrier-breaking teen girl.

Based on 1 review
Parent Written byJon L. November 28, 2016

A great movie for girls AND boys

This movie is wonderful on so many levels. It's a touching story about perseverance, strong parental-child relationships, following your dreams, gender equality, and simply giving everyone a chance to shine. The heroine is courageous, humble, driven, and charming. And given all the gender-based discussion going on right now, this is a perfect movie to remind us we need to leave the door of opportunity open to all. But don't worry, this isn't a political movie nor is it preachy. Among other things, it simply promotes a message of inclusiveness, which your kids are hearing every day at school anyway. This movie just makes that message real, easy to understand, and it will promote insightful discussions after leaving the movie. One more thing, everyone should know this movie is subtitled. I just wish CSM added this as an alert for G-rated movies but, in fairness, they did rate it for ages 8+. In any case, it's not distracting and the language is quite simple. But, if you bring younger siblings that are learning to read, be warned they might get frustrated with how quickly some of the words go by.

Adult Written byBalzardrn S. November 5, 2017

I'm so glad they made a movie on my heritage!!!!

Awesome, inspirational movie for girls and boys

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byShannon D. January 7, 2018

Very good but mostly subtitles

As a family we really enjoyed this movie. It's visually breath-taking and the message is inspiring. The one thing to know is that it is highly subtitled, which may present difficulty with a pre-reader or emerging reader. We had to read the subtitles for our younger child, who declared 10 minutes into the movie that she didn't like it, but by the end she was cheering on Aisholpan.