Parent reviews for The Enchanted Cottage

For Valentine's Day, try this romantic classic.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bythe racehorse July 19, 2011

everyone watch it

this is one of my favorite movies. I am 64. the phrase Love is Blind, comes to mind. Beauty and the Beast. it is a wonderful movie.

Adult Written byvictorianezine April 9, 2008

REMAKE this film for VETS, Others TODAY!!! Make DVD of it!

The Enchanted Cottage (1945) again---enchanted me, the hypercritical movie lady.

There's a POTENT secret to this cottage.

A disfigured war vet whose well- off family...well...is embarrassed by him...whose planned marriage did not happen after his war injury...meets and feels sorry for...a homely but kind and good young woman. (The scene in the canteen where she sneaks out after none of the young soldiers will dance with her.. What pain!)

SOMEBODY OUT THERE..REMAKE THIS FILM (OR AT LEAST PUT IT ON DVD) .this film was based on a play (so I hear) which was written actually for the FIRST world war. As many vets came home disfigured, this play was a way for young couples to see beneath the skin---to the soul.

A STYLISH BUT SENSITIVE *MODERN* VERSION OF THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE WOULD BE A GREAT BOON TO VETS TODAY...many of whom are coming back missing limbs.

Says great character actor Mildrid Natwick to the amazed young couple..."Shall I tell you the secret.....?"

Find. Rent. Buy. Watch. Just see it!