Parent reviews for The Expendables 2

The Expendables 2 Poster Image

Christmas is coming!

Not to be taken too serious classic all star action movie that spoof the endless row of 1980's rental VHS action movies. Heavy on violence and swearing, and good for a man's night out on a saturday. If you like old school action you can look yourself blind on the Youtube longplays channel of 80s and 90s action games for hours. I think we can say there is no hope for an so much hyped Expendables 4 with a long list of other all stars we want for that.

Great Movie for 7 Year olds

Great movie took my 7 year old son to it, and it was Great! Was not violent at all, and set a good example for him. I think the acting was great, and Language was at a minimum.

Warning to parents

The scene in an Orthodox Church where one of the characters dresses as a priest then kills a number of soldiers was insulting and in extremely poor taste. It was unnecessary to use a church for a scene like this. Skip this movie,you are not missing out.

A great idea, two decades too late

If you told me 20 years ago that Rambo, John McClane, and The Terminator were in the same movie, I would’ve pulled a muscle in my sprint to buy a ticket. But now that the men behind these three action icons have finally joined forces in this year’s The Expendables 2, the experience is hollow, anti-climactic, and two decades too late. *** No one’s looking for high art in the Expendables films or the blow-‘em-ups of yesteryear they hope to emulate. But The Expendables 2 is dumb and ridiculous even by ‘80s standards. Cheesy one-liners elicit more groans than laughs, there are hackneyed references to the stars’ classic action characters and their catchphrases, and every other scene seems to be our heroes walking in slow motion to the “dum-da-da-dum” score. *** The Expendables 2 is rated R for “strong bloody violence throughout,” and they ain’t kidding: shootings, beatings, stabbings, dismemberments, and immolation, to name a few. In addition, many, many things – from bridges to tanks to planes to buildings – are blown up, crashed, or demolished. Strangely, there is very mild use of profanities (though one use of “retard”). *** READ MY FULL REVIEW AT: filmfather (dot) blogspot (dot) com.

Man cave movie

Gratuitous violence & lots of blood. No sex or nudity. Some funny parts. My hubby enjoyed it & I thought it was okay.

18 and above

I think these age group of 18 and above should see this. Its high with violence!! and other things kids shouldn't watch

Violent but still a good movie

I enjoyed the first Expendables movie and I wasn't disappointed with the second one. Obviously there is a lot of violence but I think for a mature teenager who understands the difference between movie violence and real-world violence, there shouldn't be a problem. This movie is hilarious with a great cast so by all means, go see it with your kids. Or even go see it without them the first time to make sure you think it's appropriate because it's definitely funny enough for a second trip.

Action Reminiscent Of 80s Action Blockbusters - Shivom Oza

Mr. Church reunites the Expendables for what should be an easy mission, but when one of their men is killed; their quest for revenge takes them to a mine in erstwhile Soviet Union. Exciting action sequences, great humour, fantastic cameos and a thrilling storyline renders ‘The Expendables 2’ better than the first part. The Expendables, namely, Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone), Lee Christmas (Jason Statham), Gunner Jensen (Dolph Lundgren), Hale Caesar (Terry Crews) and Toll Road (Randy Couture), along with the new entrant Bill the Kid (Liam Hemsworth) and an able Yin Yang (Jet Li), who rescue Trench (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and a Chinese billionaire from a dingy dungeon in Nepal. Bill expresses his desire to leave the crew and settle down with his girlfriend in France to Barney. However, on the team’s next mission, where they are accompanied by a female mercenary Maggie (Nan Yu), at the behest of Mr. Church (Bruce Willis) to retrieve an item from a plane that was shot down in Albania. Bill loses his life to the antagonist Jean Vilain (Jean-Claude Van Damme). Jean Vilain along with his right-hand man Hector (Scott Adkins) seized the item (a computer containing a blueprint to an abandoned Soviet Union mine which stores five tonnes of plutonium) from the Expendables. To avenge the death of their young team-mate and to prevent the shift in the world order, the team sets out to travel to the mines. Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham share amazing chemistry in the film. The action sequences performed by them in tandem, the harmless banter and the occasional tiffs add a lot of lustre to the story. The cameos in 'The Expendables 2' are quite a few in numbers; exceptional scenes involving mega stars such as Jet Li, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis and the incredibly funny super-human Chuck Norris. Liam Hemsworth packs a punch in his small, yet significant role. Jean-Claude Van Damme looks menacing as the antagonist. His final duel with Stallone is action-packed to the hilt. The members of the supporting cast including Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Randy Couture are amazing as the rest of the team. Nan Yu stands out as the lone female mercenary in the film. She plays a prominent role in the storyline and does a great job in the action sequences as well. Scott Adkins too plays an important role as the antagonist and leaves a mark. Overall, the line-up for this film is absolutely stellar. The opening 15 minutes of the film display magnificent action, a great background score, marvellous cinematography and to top-it-up, the combined charisma of this all-star cast. Countless gun shots, knife-fights, fist scuffles, bombings and yet, there are a few humane moments in the film. The crisp editing and the relatively short duration (100 minutes) serve the purpose as you don't find a lull moment at all. The film stars in most technical departments. Be it the editing (Todd E. Miller), cinematography (Shelly Johnson) or the music (Brian Tyler) department, the film comes up trumps visually abled with great sound. Director Simon West amalgamates wonderful action with a decent storyline. Turns out, this movie fares better than the first part! The film is not cinematic brilliance, but the best part is that it doesn’t even pretend to be one. Go watch, have fun! Shivom Oza

Bullets fly and bodies explode, only more so. Not for kids.

Simon West takes over the reigns from Sylvester Stallone as the director for the next film in the already planned Expendables trilogy, The Expendables 2. Now, Expendables 2 is pretty much exactly what you would expect it to be, once you actually get a chance to sit down and watch the movie, which was released into theatres last Friday. I enjoyed the first film when i first saw it, as well, but something was missing. I guess I could sort of voice the complaints that were made, if rather excessively, about the first film. First off, many people thought that the digitially animated blood and gore from the first film looked tacked on at the last minute, and awful. Also, people thoguht that Stallone's directing was weak and the story needed work. Well, I still thoroughly enjoyed the first film, but, yes, indeed, I do agree that something was indeed missing from that film: An all-out sense of fun and joy in the movie. I mean, the first film had Stallone, Schwarzenegger, WIllis and Rourke, but, yet, it never really felt like anyone involved was having any fun, or, even more to that, actually enjoying themselves, and, for that, the first film was abit of a slow-paced slog. Now that we have The Expendables 2, is it better than the first film? Well, actually, yes. It is much better, actually. Much improved, indeed, mainly thanks to the fact that Simon West (Con Air, The Generals Daughter) is directing instead of Stallone, the fact that they got all of the original people, except for Mickey Rourke, back this time around, and with an addition of Chuck Norris (Hooray!) And Jean-Claude Van Damme as the villain, and, finally, to add to all of that: Every crew member actually seems to be having a good time. Everyone is having fun, this time around, so, in that retrospective, we end up having fun, as well. And fun, I had, when Iw s watching this second installment. Sure, the story is still rather weak and it end sup being mostly fuled by revenge, which gets old fast, but the fact that we have so many classic action stars, and so much tetosterone fueled engergy amkes the films arguably weaker plot almost completely and utterly unoctaccable, what so ever. And, to add to that, the prviously mentioned Van Damme is an excellently evil villain, and much better than Eric Roberts from the first film. But, that ebign said, like the first film, The Expendables 2 is Rated R, and it is a very well deserved Rating, indeed, so, without any further time-wasting, let's get to it, shall we?: The Expendables 2 contains nearly non-stop sequences of graphic bloody violence, which even allows the movie to open on a rip-roaringly loud and brutal action scene, with plenty of other one slike this coontaining scores of gunfire, lot's and lot's of spryaing, splattering and gushing blood everywhere, and, to add to that, there are slightly smaller scale and morwe personal inuries, including beatings stabbings and explosions which claim large amounts of casualties. Also, there is moderately frequent but surprisingly mild language for an R Rated movie, but it does contain several uses each of sh-t, h-ll, d-mn and a--. So, is The Expendables a good action movie? You bet. Is it better thanb the first one, a lot, actually. Is it worth seeing a third movie for? Well, in all honesty, I think that if they can keep the action stars coming and bullets flying, I think that it would actually be a very nice surprise to see a third film. Reccomended.

15 and up.

this second installment The Expendables 2 is a great action movie that has the same actors and lots of action as the previous one that will likely appeal to your older teens and parents you need to know that The Expendables 2 has a lot of intense constant bloody violence with shootings, stabbings and more the language is mild and there is some drinking and smoking used such as beer and cigars.