All parent member reviews for The Expendables

Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 13, 2010
The Expendables is one of the best action movies i ever seen and this movie will definitely appeal to your older teens and parents you need to know that the expendables has a lot of intense violence a lot of strong language used and some drinking, drugs, and smoking used.
Adult Written byD-Fresh August 26, 2010
Did the reviewer even watch the movie past the first 15 minutes? Not to spoil the movie or anything, but that is one of the key plot twists of the movie, how they decide to go against what they have done for years of being mercenaries and fight for a cause... next time try watching the movie you review. Great role model of men willing to stand up for those incapable of defending themselves
Parent of a 11 year old Written byajsmom1999 August 20, 2010

Rambo5 with more talking and help from friends

A lot of video game playing boys are going to want to see it. It plays like an M rated game with much killing of the "bad guys". If your kids are on the mature side and can handle some blood and gore, they should be fine. The movie goes pretty fast through the blood. Language is bad at times but not excesive. Corny jokes. The usual Stallone stuff. My son really liked it.
Adult Written bypenaksilat June 17, 2011

Great Film

Well this was a very good action film. One of the characters showa regret for the people he has killed.. This is a violent movie and there is plenty of shooting, stabbing, explosions and fist fight. But most of this is standard fare for an action flick. There is some cursing and crude language to look out for.
Parent Written byPredatorman May 26, 2014

NoN-Stop Everything

This was a awesome movie with non-stop everything literally hand to hand combat, shooting, stabbing, and EXPLOSIONS.
Adult Written byjetgop December 28, 2010

Great Action for Teens and up!

I love this movie. The Violence is the only issue in the movie. The movie however is based on the violence. This would be a great father son movie. There is no nudity, sex, or drug usage. As far as language, it is not over the top but comes with most action films. I saw this with my Dad and we loved it.
Parent Written byall good info July 7, 2012

All info needed

it way a great movie for any and kid over 10... but it was verry violente
Parent of a 18+ year old Written bystrip club boi June 10, 2012

all ages

awsome all ages
Adult Written bycallofduty5 November 8, 2011

Another great flick by Stallone

The Expendables is an awesome action film by Sylvester Stallone and stars also himself(lol) Jason Statham, Jet Li and many other 80's action stars. Great fun for 15+. Some of the kills are kinda gory. There's a brief torture scene with water pouring to womans mouth. This is no Rambo, but the violence is frequent and gory (severed limbs and heads). Some bad language and drug use which isn't explicit :)
Adult Written bychow13 March 29, 2011

Good cast, Not the best movie

This is a pretty good movie, however the violence and language were pretty bad. 15+
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

The ultimate action cast should have made the ultimate action movie

With a cast like this, only one thing comes to mind: Yes! This movie is going to rock! But, when you get you're hopes up that high, it's hard to reach them. The Expendables is a solid action movie that felt too short. It seemed like there was just a beginning and an end. The action scenes were well done, very exciting and bloody. The cast even worked together really well. They played off each other like they were friends in real life. My only problem with it is the running time. I would have given this movie four stars if not for the running time feeling so short. They should have prolonged the character's backstories a little. Maybe even throw in another action scene. Parents: This is a very violent movie. Although not as graphic as Stallone's previous film Rambo, it is still very violent and intense. The language isn't a huge issue, but there is some naughty language. Sex isn't an issue. The villains are drug dealers but drugs are never used. Bottom Line: Intense, chaotic, and frequently entertaining, this is a good addition to any movie fan's action-film collection. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Adult Written bydarthsitkur July 31, 2012

the greatest movie of all time

this is the best action movie EVER!!!!!, it has tons of incredible action and it also has the best line up ever, the expendables earns an instant 10, and the huge shootout at the end is the best shootout ever and the best action sequence ever
Parent Written bycleanmovies0 May 11, 2012

good one but could tone down the f-words

i wouldnt watch unless edited by a filter to take out language but over all good movie.
Adult Written byGloriaReview November 1, 2010

Expendables Review

With a cast that includes so many super stars this Hollywood mega movie was destine to be a success. Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, and Mickey Rourke are all names that are commonly associated with action films. Most of those films are filled with an abundance of excitement and entertainment. I was left a little disappointed that Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger were in a limited amount of minutes. This special cast of stoic vigilantes was hand selected to intrigue a particular target audience. People from “Generation X” and the “Me Generation” grew up with many of the ruffians featured in The Expendables. Remembering their favorite hero’s people from these generations had been waiting for a chance to see an old fashioned action movie again. As exciting as this movie was I have to admit I thought it was a little extreme on the bloody side for me. I also did not think there was a plot or purpose. There definitely was not much dialogue affiliated with some of the scenes. It was more like there is the bad guy. Do not ask any questions just kill him with as must blood and violence as possible. I just did not feel that there was much of a plot or storyline to the movie but then again I do not think that most people were interested in seeing this movie for its plot or storyline. All in all there was promise of excitement and even a little nostalgia. The Expendables delivered on both. There was definitely no shortage of excitement in the movie from beginning to end. The nostalgia came from seeing all of the old familiar faces. This movie was not only alluring for men and boys looking for thrills and bloodshed. It was also full of a tremendous amount of muscle bound masculinity which was appealing to the female audience. Overall I think Hollywood’s mega movie The Expendables was all it was meant to be and more.
Adult Written byMesned September 17, 2010

Best Movie Ever !!

I Cant Believe That CommonSense Rated This Movie As 2 Stars Only, I Know It Has A Little Language And A Lot Of Violent So What, Every Action Movie Has Some.
Adult Written bySK-Can September 17, 2010

Nothing special

A testosterone driven action movie, typical of what one can expect from Stalone. Little plot line, but lots of guns and explosions.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 September 11, 2010
Expendables was a great movie, Non-stop action and realistic action. The violence was pretty gruesome at parts, At the beggining, Someone shoots a grenade launcher blowing a "pirate" in half. Another member of the group storms in a room, Stopping a women from getting raped by two guys by cutting ones hand off and the others head, Then finishes the first guy with a knife in the neck. The rest of the violence is throwing knifes, and Shells and bullets being used to kill hundreds of guys. The language isn't to bad, Around 10 F words, Most used in a short appearance by Bruce Willis, No sex. But overall the movie was non-stop, fun action. 4/5.
Adult Written by4Spice August 30, 2010

very good action shooting movie know kids

i loved it this movie is on my top 10 shooting movies it has everything fighting shooting knives bombs everything you could want in a action shooting movie lots of blood know kids 16 and over for blood intense violence intense language watch it
Adult Written bykra August 19, 2010

Surprisingly graphic, but pretty fun

3 stars might be pushing it. I think for what it IS, an action movie, it's entertaining and 3-star worthy. If you're looking for thoughtful, highbrow fare, you're barking up the wrong tree. I was surprised how graphic some of the violence was. People getting shot with big ol' bullets that make their upper bodies explode into chunks! haha It's quick, but you can catch it. The gore is obviously fake though, pretty bad effects if you ask me. I saw it in a Cinemark with "Extreme Digital" projection, so it was higher resolution, maybe that's why the special effects weren't incredibly convincing. That happens sometimes. The language was rather irritating also. Anyway, all that aside, it was fun to watch the good guys kick some butt.
Adult Written byangrypanda90 August 14, 2010

R means 17+ enough said.

Okay Parents when it comes down to it OBEY the Ratings. It is rated R because it has some over the top violence. However the movie was insanely awesome. Just wait till your kids can handle this much violence.