Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

AWSOME FOR KIDS

Omg my child loved it. It’s a good movie for teens.
5 people found this helpful.

Solid acting, diverse cast in realistic film based on a school shooting

The Fallout is a film about teenagers, who are experiencing the aftermath of a school shooting. The film is fine for teens, but for mature ones. If your teens are sensitive, they’ll spend all day crying. So you might want to talk to them film - - and even though it’s really well- acted and realistic, you should remind them its just a film. The film shows messages about love, protection, trust and how death really impacts many people. It also shows how teenagers can deal with school shootings. Jenna Ortega and Maddie Ziegler are amazing actors, and are also really brave as characters in the film. Vada and Mia, share things with each other, and most importantly trust each other. While the violence isn’t really graphic, it brings huge emotions of fear, depression, and anger. Expect screaming, some blood, loud gunshots, and more. There’s also some potentially upsetting deaths that may be too much for kids - -and even some teens. There’s also lots of use of “f - - k” “s - -t” etc. there’s also some strong use of TikTok, iMessage and Instagram. Characters (Jenna Ortega mostly ) do drugs, drink a lot, and get drunk. The teenagers also consider this ok, and want to explain to their parents why they are doing this. They say it’s just because I’m going through a lot, it’s fine to do drugs - - so mind out for content like this. There’s also quite a bit of kissing (same & opposite sex) a sex scene, and some moaning. All in all, the Fallout is a great Drama, that’s best left for older teens or maybe the sensitive ones can wait.

1 person found this helpful.

Highly recommend for 13+

My 13-year-old and her friend loved this movie. I think it gives an accurate representation of what some people go through and I think it was a good learning experience. Both girls thought it was amazing.

I allowed my 14 year old to watch this based off of reviews but I would have waited a few more years had I known the content.

This is a movie for kids who are able to handle some very intense ideas and topics. There are several scenes where the high school aged girls are using drugs and drinking alcohol and making it look fun and carefree. There is a heavily sexualized scene between two high school girls. Overall I would not say there is much in the way of positive role modeling or information for dealing with tragedy in a helpful way from the main characters.

Amazing movie

This movie is great sad in parts