Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 31 kid reviews

Sort by:

THATS IT?!

This was a beautiful movie. I’ve been a fan of Jenna Ortega since her stuck in the middle days, so I was really excited to finally watch this. The story follows Vada and Mia, two teenagers, dealing with the aftermath of a school shooting. It’s really heartbreaking to se what the characters go through and even more heartbreaking to know that this isn’t just a movie, it’s reality, and people go through sh;t like this all the time. Vada and Mia sort of have a romance and there’s a hook-up scene, but it’s quick and only kissing is shown. Tbh if your kid is innocent enough, they would probably think it was just a quick make out scene. (Though Vada does talk about it being sex later) There are some scenes where characters get high and drunk. In one scene Vada get high at school does stuff that could potentially be dangerous, but she makes sure to text her friend before anything gets to bad and he takes care of her and makes sure she doesn’t do anything to stupid. Obviously there’s violence cuz it’s about a school shooting, but guns aren’t even shown, and really just more about the intensity. There’s also frequent cursing. It’s a pretty mature movie, but if you’re maturity can match it, then you should be fine while watching this, just make sure not force yourself into something you’re uncomfortable with. Tbh, I was left with a lot of questions once the movie was over, but I was somewhat satisfied. The ending absolutely broke me, it felt so sad to leave it on that note. Overall, it’s an amazing movie that captures trauma, love and sorrow, and you definitely give it a watch sometime.
11 people found this helpful.

GREAT MOVIE

Honestly really good movie Jenna ortega is practically my favorite actor of all times. The movie was talking about a teenage girl called Vada going through the aftermath of a school shooting. really good movie i didnt like the ending though, i know it was supposed to tell you that trauma doenst just leave it stays with you forever, but still could've had better ending. recommend 👍

4 people found this helpful.

AMAZING!!!

This movie was so good. I could watch it fifty more times I highly recommend

3 people found this helpful.

I personally loved this movie it has amazing representation and I really liked how they added the detail of the little sister getting her first period because they don't typically normalize periods in most movies.

2 people found this helpful.

It was a great movie. At the beginning there are some traumatizing thing such as: guns shooting, screaming and a little bit of blood. There are a lot of cuss words throughout such as d*mn f*ck and sh*t. The sex is not that bad. Vada kisses Mia multiple times, and there is some talk about periods. There is also some smoking, drinking and drugs. The drugs were not shown being used. But Vada does act high, which she is. The drinking is just a couple of sips of wine. The smoking is just smoking. I think the beginning was a little traumatizing. Other than that GREAT movie.

watch this.

This movie is the best I have seen in a long time. I watched the movie solely for Jenna Ortega my favorite actress, as you can see but this movie was so much more than I ever could have hoped. Vada was such and strong character and I found myself watching it over again a couple days later. I love the sisterly love and I could thoroughly relate. It doesn't sugarcoat highschool unlike some movies, it shows it for what it is. I highly highly recommend.

good show

a really good, i love that you can learn about a school shooting, about how terrible it is to nearly die to a shooting. but i sometimes found it kinda boring

Great movie!

I loved this movie! It’s about some people after a shooting at their school and their life. I love the actors! I think mature 11 year olds can watch this. To be honest, it’s just some weed, wine and swearing that’s that bad. It doesn’t show anyone getting shot in the school.

The Fallout is awesome

A very good movie. Probably my favorite movie of all time. The cast does a very good Job playing their roles. It has a lot of swearing, some blood (not that much), also has some kissing in some parts. It would be fine for maybe children that are 12 but definitely 13.

Solid 5 stars

Awesome movie. Solid 5 stars. Jenna Ortega was amazing in this movie, and so was Maddie Zeigler. There's a lot of swearing, that's probably the only thing I need to point out.