Kid reviews for The Farewell

The Farewell Poster Image

Beautiful, funny, heartfelt

This movie fills your heart with so much joy and is one I look forward to re-watching. Appropriate for all ages but teens and adults will enjoy it a lot more.

1 person found this helpful.

Great movie

I've heard the story from a podcast and I come to see the movie online. It's a great movie. It not only tells about the love from a family member but also tells the Chinese culture in a special way. it really touched me.

fabulus farewell

the farewell was so good! I learned alot about china and its culture! there wasn't any violince in it but i'd recomend it for older teens because i think that younger kids wouldn't under-stand it and get bored quickly. It was srange seeing how different americas cultue was to chinas.it was also good because the actors portrayed each charecters emotions perfectly, especialy how the to-be couple are kind -of being used to gather the family for ninis death. a good movie, but a little sad.

Great Film!

I think that this film figured out the perfect mix between comedy and drama. It geniunly got me to feel for the main character, Billi, as she tries to keep chinese tradition and not tell her grandmother that she is dying.

Good but complex

Very great family film, but I just dont think that kids younger than 11 would truly understand the movie.

Great Movie, somewhat depressing.

I saw this movie not knowing what to expect other than the basic story. I had also read that it was a comedy, so it was a bit unexpected when it was surprisingly depressing. Also, there was quite a bit of drinking, but overall it teaches a good message about the power of the mind. Definitely worth the watch.

4/5