Parent reviews for The Fast and the Furious

Flashy street-racing movie with violence, profanity, sexism.

Adult Written bykingster April 9, 2008

A great movie!

I love the car chases in this movie and the cars too! Paul Walker is really hot in this movie! Very entertaining!
Adult Written bynjn August 14, 2009

Adult Written byseen-all-movies February 21, 2011

GREAT for a little mature 13 year old kid, but not much younger

This film is one of the fastest and adrenalin pumping movies i've seen. it features the story of a young cop going undercover to infiltrate the street racing environment and attempt to crack the case of a gang hijacking and robing trucks. the movie is a deep and action filled look into the street racing environment of the U.S. streets, and it shows more or less everything from this illegal culture. you see lots of high speed action in form of car chases, some of witch involves shooting. there is a scene where SWAT police force takes down several suspects with use of force and you will se hand to hand combat. also most of the lead characters are showed drinking at least once through out the movie, but they never get visible drunk. in addition to this there are an more or less explicit sex scene, many girls are shown in vulgar bikinis dancing and showing of their body, and some reference to sex but no direct nudity is ever shown. also the movie shows a brutal interrogation where a victim is being forced to give information, brutality used here are the interrogators sticks a oil pump in the victims mouth and pumps oil down his throat, but it appears in the movie not quite as violent as it may appear written. the conclusion is that it is a great movie if you are an a little mature 13 year old, but not very much younger than that. then again, age ratings are different from one individual to another. some people can se movies like this early, some must wait a while, and in most cases the person probably knows this best himself. so talk to your kid about how he or she feels about this, wether he/she has got a good line in between fiction and reality, if they feel they do, and they give you no reason to believe other wise, then by all means let them see this movie, because it is an adrenalin kick not to be missed.
Adult Written byjmo97 January 4, 2017

Almost always is objectifying women, and provides overall unenjoyable atmosphere

I started to watch this series, and I was really disappointed with how much this first entry sexualizes women. Almost every scene featuring women has them wearing skimpy clothing, making out with someone, or making suggestive movements. The sexual content here made its violence look tame by comparison. I was also not a fan of how the street racing environment was displayed: the men were trying to outdo each other in macho behavior in cringe-worthy ways, and the spectators' reactions sounded so desperate to try to be cool that it got annoying super quickly. As for the actual story involving Brian and Dom, I thought the filmmakers actually tried. There are two entertaining heist scenes, and some decent attempts at character development. But I agree with CSM about the ending for this movie: it made me feel like shaking my head and rolling my eyes in exasperation (if I didn't already do it) at what Dom does for pleasure. The violence is not as bad as the sexual content, but there are still intense scenes: a man is tortured by having gasoline poured into him; there is one fatal shootout; there are car and vehicle crashes that result in some bloody injuries; a man gets his arm severely tangled in a wire with bloody results. Oh, and did I mention the swearing? There are two f-words and plenty of insults and other profane words used. This movie had potential, but it wastes it by sexualizing women and dumbing down the characters. 4.2/10

Adult Written byEric Y. December 7, 2017

Ages 13+

I think that this movie is for ages 13+ even tho there are a lot of swearing. Once your in your teen age I believe that kids are mutuare to handle swearing and violence.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byCheese and Bread August 22, 2016

Good movie pushes the limits of the pg13 rating

Sex/nudity 4/10: a man touches a women's breast, multiple kisses in the movie including 2 women kissing. Violence/gore 6/10: there isn't any gore but some scenes are intense. Profanity 6.5/10, one of the most profane PG-13 movies I've seen, 3 F-words, 2 are missible, 1 N-word 32 S-words, 1 use of faggot, also other profanities like b**ch and damn, Gods name is also misused a few times.

Adult Written byjada l. October 30, 2017

Adult Written byshabb3r February 29, 2016

Really underestimated movie - All about car culture really

I will admit this movie has a ton of suggestive stuff (kissing and profanity to name a few) BUT if you look past that you will get a glimpse into the world of cars and the car culture. Brian is a great character that show how difficult life's decisions can be and what u choose can greatly affect you afterwards. Mia too. The adrenaline levels are too damn high in many cases and the cars can turn you on (aka get you hyped) pretty well. This movie also gave car companies a good name - without this movie many people would not have recognized the Toyota Supra or many other performance cars for that matter. if you're a responsible person and you love cars then this is a must watch! warning: you may want to buy a Supra after watching lol

Adult Written byZack W. April 14, 2018

A great movie for aspiring car lovers

I believe how mature your child is decides wether or not they can watch the movie. I found my child, who loves cars, mature enough at just 5 years of age.