Parent reviews for The Final Destination

Horror franchise's leap to 3D is gorier than ever.

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byJames Owen July 9, 2018

Fairly Interesting

The final destination 2009, has a really twisted and gruesome storyline. However, the movie is rated 15 because of the gore, and one sex scene, however, if like me, you know how the directors and producers make the gore, mostly by CGI (computer generated image) then the gore is laughable. Im 13 and because I watch behind the scenes of the goriest movies (Jigsaw ect) I understand how they make the gore scenes. I think it would be suitable for 13 and up if they know that its fake (its pretty obvious) and they know how the scenes are put together to make it more effective. The movie also has an interesting storyline in my opinion as i love mysteries!

Adult Written byRaritysfans December 20, 2020

Blow Up

Typical FD movie full of gore, accidents and out of context. Good for a mans nights out on a Weekend. In consumerism Paris, malls and more.

Adult Written byXxSkyexX April 13, 2020

Gruesome

This movie was good,but the only bad parts were when the people got killed another part was when they were in the pool tent .This scene was very sex themed. I say this because this male wanted to have some sex so he found women and started have sex and not caring if anyone saw because they were riding dick and her boobs were out. Im not saying I liked it but this movie isn't for kids

Adult Written bydvdgirl April 4, 2019

Not bad

Although it’s not the final one it was good like the others:

Adult Written byNataleeHolliday June 14, 2018

NOT for kids

I was going to watch this with my 11 year old but it is completely inappropriate for someone her age.Cursing throughout the movie (multiple F words and a racist encounter where the N word is used),as well as a sex scene featuring a topless girl riding her boyfriend.Obviously there is extreme violence but that's a given with this movie franchise

Parent Written bySebastien B. October 16, 2016

Excellent Movie. Lots of violence. A man gets his throat slit and the same man gets his head slammed into a Brick wall. A mans penis is shown. And a shirtless women with breasts in wiggling them in his face!

Adult Written byJJJ2017 August 11, 2015

Horrible CGI, not the goriest in the franchise.

Most teens could handle the sex scene.

Adult Written byclarence August 5, 2015

Adult Written byadarsht May 7, 2015

another low quality movie

I think this is a stupid movie having too much violence and bad language.this movie also contain a nude sex scene which is inappropriate for kids....

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byVlad22 July 21, 2013

Not for kids.

This movie is too violent. People who like to watch this everyday are a little crazy.

Adult Written bywonder dove May 22, 2012

Better than the 3rd one!

Anything is better than the 3rd one, lol. I thought number 4 was pretty good, probably more violent than all the others but definitely action filled and entertaining with some light humor. Very gory, violent and one pretty explicit sex scene. Absolutely not for youngins!I found the main male character to be a pretty bad actor though, his reactions felt fake and he was a bit annoying, but above that...it was good!

Adult Written bycaffinegirl85 September 19, 2011

awesome! death won't give up

well i liked it he sees a vison and thats a good sign letting all of his friends know there's going to be a huge crash and how evertybody is gonna die an yet when they survived they still all died the pool part scary how he was under the water sucked down to the drain gory parts the elsecator the pool part the lady at the salon getting slashed in the eye this was a good one

Adult Written byBishop Loves Gir September 14, 2011

Action over horror

Plain out dumb!Way out of the regular theme.A woman's chest and face is crushed by a tire,a mans innards are sucked in a suction pump and a woman is too lazy to get upo off the escalator so she is grinded by it.Just stupid!GORYYYYYYYYY!plus a lot of disturbing scenes.over the top gore.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 25, 2010

NOT FOR KIDS

This movie is full of gruesome and violent accidents.
there is some foul language and drugs to look out.
If you get this film for like 6-10 dollars it can be worth of that.
I enjoyed film alltough my gf was grinning about the escalator scene, it was disturbing. Other deaths were like "meh" not that bad.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 24, 2010

not for kids.

The Final Destination 3D is a waste of money and a waste of time this movie is not for kids only for adults and parents you need to know that this movie is very disturbing filled with a lot blood, violence, and gruesome deaths there's one sex scene plenty of strong language used and characters drink beer and hard liquor and smoke cigarettes.

Adult Written bynduns April 1, 2010

Why has this franchise not died like its characters?

No, seriously, are people so easily amused by the sight of death that they can somehow ignore the lack of a good story that comes from these movies? The first one was descent, but every movie after it just sucked. The deaths are very unrealistic, but since they happen during everyday past times, half the people watching might very well become paranoid as this movie basically shoves "everything will kill you" in your face. Now let's talk about the deaths: It seems in every FD movie, they get less and less imaginative, and this time around is no acception. The only death I actually enjoyed watching the right at the end where they show an x-ray shot of the skeletons cracking. That was pretty cool. However, everything else was just kinda lame. I mean, flying tires blowing up body parts? A car motor flattening someone? A rock going through a girl's eye? Another drunk driver running over someone? (I dare you to tell me those truck drivers aren't drunk, because no one should be that careless!) What, did the director just... run out of ideas? Oh yeah, a car running through a restaurant window, VERY ORIGINAL, MOVIE! Final Destination sucks. The first one was okay but every other movie sucks.

Adult Written bymarkitab9 February 5, 2010

Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

The Final Destination should be watched with your friends. It is very bloody. This movie should not be watched by kids under 15. The director did a good job directing the movie. You can watch the film in two versions, in 3-D and in 2-D. When you watch it in 3-D, it makes it really cool. It’s scarier in 3-D because the blood and guts pop out of the screen.

Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

The Final Destination (3D)

Huge gorefest. Its fun, but not as good as the previous movies.
Adult Written by[email protected] December 8, 2009

IN 3-D IT IS EVEN WORSE- NOT FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW FD FILM- BLOODIER THAN PAST 3 FILMS IN 3-D-NOT FOR KIDS

Parent of a 5, 9, 15, and 15-year-old Written bySuperparent123 November 14, 2009

The Trailer Looked Cool So I Took My Kids To See It In 3D!

The Pool Death And The Fence Death Was The Best Kills In The Movie. The Kills Were Cool And Graphic. The Final Destination Had The Best 3D Ever!