Parent reviews for The Florida Project

The Florida Project Poster Image

This film sears into your soul...extremely powerful.

Wow! It's like being in a traffic jam and then the temperature goes up bit by bit and then your AC busts and you're still sitting there and the experience is slowly starting to become more and more uncomfortable. This film is a slow burn, as slice of life dramas tend to be, everyone is well cast and Dafoe's performance is mesmerizing as someone who is working too hard for too little and tries to be kind in a world on the brink of poverty. He is protective and present and bears witness to people barely hanging on. The children drive the story and your heart breaks for how their innocence is shaped at the footstep of the biggest child innocence peddler...Disney World. A powerful film that leaves its mark, searing into your soul.
I guess there are a few sexual references, and maybe a few swears, but really not too bad.

Realistic view of generational poverty

Mature and adult topics. Filmed similar to a documentary. Only complaint is as someone who grew up in poverty and can relate to the story it comes across as emotional p o r n for those who’ve never experienced poverty. If you plan to discuss poverty and it’s impacts on people with your children please stay away from pity.

WATCH IT

Amazing

I think that this movie shows how hard it is for poor single teen moms. The love Halley shows for Moonee while still trying to support her is amazing. The end had me sobbing.

Uneventful although extremely realistic.

It is too realistic and extremely authentic to the extent that it bites itself in the ass; I do appreciate the transformational and transcendent experience that is The Florida Project, but I most certainly do not appreciate its uneventfulness, even if it contributes to its strength most of the time.

tough theme

not very suitable movie for kids due to bad example shown by the mother

Excellent, beautiful

This is a wonderful and heartbreaking film. Impossible not to feel deeply for Moonee, Hailey and Bobby. Stunning imagery. Watched it with my heart in my throat.