Kid reviews for The Forest

Ghost story has promising start but too many jump-scares.

Kid, 6 years old January 24, 2016

I love this movie!!!

As young as I am, I still love horror movies and this wasn't a disappointment! While this movie is true and not too gory or cheesy it makes it in my top 20 best movies. It wasn't that scary but it was good. Depending on your and you're child's opinion I think a 6 year old can handle this movie. The summary for this movie is a girl named Sarah gets a call that her twin sister Jess wandered in to a forest in Japan where people go to commit sew aside. Sarah doesn't believe that Jess is dead and goes to Japan to find her. SPOILER ALERT DONT READ THE REST IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED Sarah ends up dying in the end but Jess survived. Great movie in my opinion . I liked how it showed good role models by Sarah risking her life for Jess.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygennagrace February 4, 2016

For Ages 13 and up

I think this is for kids age 13 and up. It had a good story line but there were many pop ups. There is a good role model influence in this movie. The main character, Sara, has always been there for her twin sister Jess. When Jess goes missing, Sara will not stop at anything to find her sister. It's kind of a Sisterly Love/Bond thing. It teaches kids that love is strong. There was some swearing, but not to the point that I remember a lot of it. There is a lot of violence. There is killing, blood, dead bodies are shown, and some hand to hand fighting. Overall, this movie was pretty great! I really liked it! It's more suspenseful than scary, which is great for kids age 13 and up. I am 13 and it was the perfect movie for me because of the suspense.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJiwoo22 January 20, 2016

The plot was good

It only makes u jump out of your seat otherwise the plot was creative and tremendous actually It really makes u look at the world in a different way And most importantly don't worry it wont cause trauma and problems with sleeping alone so don't worry. Plus a really beautiful and shocking ending Good job to the writer

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2017

Kid, 9 years old April 22, 2016

Really intense and horrifying yet idiotic and awful horror thriller.

My rating:R for strong terror throughout and brief strong language.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2016

Awesome Jumpscare Packed Film!

This movie was pretty scary! I usually don't get scared by horror movies, but this movie made me jump a few times! Not too much blood, but the storyline is too terrifying for younger audiences. Can be confusing to kids at some parts of the movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byZootopiaLover April 12, 2016

Nice

Eh. Great movie, but not the best.