Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Fourth Kind

Realistic alien abduction tale too violent/chilling for kids

Parent Written byjennepps01 April 16, 2016

Ok

I read the reviews first and under SEX: it says that she just lies down next to her husband. So I watched it with my kids but had to fast foward that part. Lying down doesn't consist of lying on top of her husband and moaning! It was a quick scene but needs to be more specific!

Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byminivanmaster February 3, 2011

Teenagers might like it

I totally loved it. I am sure all adults will. It is way to scary for any of my children but I know it will interest the older teenagers.

Adult Written byyellowdiamond15 September 22, 2010
It was really scary from the roaring of the possed poeple to the aliens. Not good for young children

Parent Written byPlague December 4, 2009

The Fourth Kind

Very good film. I am a huge Milla Jovovich fan, and she played quite nicely in this movie. 5 stars.
Parent of a 3, 10, 11, and 13 year old Written byRuben H. March 29, 2018
Adult Written byETHAN G. February 23, 2018

Very Stressful Gets You Paranoid And may give you nightmares

Wait 2 stars ?!? I Loved this movie but it was very stressfull to watch it was sweating so much XD this movie what it does it makes you paranoid about alien makes you believe and the creepy things is it could be real and there are some very disturbing scenes in this movie of alien abdocution the owl in it is fucking Creepy some scenes really disturbed me in this but I recommend it !

Adult Written byxoAly May 17, 2010

Not the best 'alien' movie ever

I did not like this movie at all. Obviously, its just a facetious take on aliens to make money from teens who don't know any better. If you actually Google Dr. Abigail Tyler, many would find that she isn't a real psychologist. As for the footage, the scenery is unrealistic. I've been to Nome, Alaska while visiting a close family friend and there are no trees or forests, but perhaps a little shrub here or there. The movie, however, is mostly taking place in a forest. However, for young children, I suggest not letting them watch this movie. There were several 'jumpy' scenes that even I screamed at (and I'm not the kind of person that usually does that) and it could also cause nightmares, what with the owls looking at you and waking up at a certain time every night.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byichameleon January 19, 2010
I thought I was going to watch a movie about alien abduction. Instead, I watched a poorly done movie about possession of humans by something claiming to be "savior", "father", "god". I also don't like the whole idea of them lying to us about it being real. It is quite evident early on that it's completely fake, but there are still some gullible people out there who believe this type of thing. It has a murder-suicide, apparent filicide, demonic possession resulting in traumatic injury, irresponsible people in authority allowing a know delusional, unbalanced woman to continue practicing psychology, etc. The scariest part of the movie is not that aliens are taking people out of their homes at night, but that these characters are walking around in society. Dr. Tyler is obviously a deranged woman and that alone was enough to make the movie fall apart. Then there is the fact that it looks like a documentary made for a school project. I found nothing redeeming about this movie and suspect that those who liked it watched it with their eyes and ears closed. The movie is misleading from the start and the content is just evil and distasteful. I'm disturbed by how many teen reviewers don't seem to understand what they watched.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byMaxmum November 6, 2009

Kind of disturbing

This movie presents a disturbing plot, as well as the troubling concept of media portrayal of something as 'real' which is in fact fabricated. Older teens might be entertained by deciding for themselves what they believe, but youth will be confused and upset by it.