Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 4 parent reviews

Sort by:

I thought I was a fan.

I just want to add to the other reviews and include that once in the film it talks about oral sex very colorfully and another part briefly describes almost being raped but it worded with the f*** word. Full frontal nudity and under age girls breasts being shown. Age inappropriate coupling that includes a minor. All in all, I'm a pretty open parent and i'm so glad my 12 yr old refused to go with me!
2 people found this helpful.

Quirky, witty, star/studded visual feast

Fun addition to the Wes Anderson series, depicting stories from a fictional French outpost published in a Kansas print periodical meant to emulate 1960’s Paris and the New Yorker Magazine, respectively. Well-known Hollywood stars ranging from Timothy Chalamet and Frances McDormand to Tilda Swinton and Benicio Del Toro are too numerous to fully list due to the three separate stories - plus there is a delightful visual tour early in the film of publisher Arthur Howitzer’s world (Bill Murray) by Owen Wilson’s character. Violence is semi-comical (including the hilarious cartoon in the last segment), sexual humor is within the scope of Anderson’s high-brow humor and (sometimes full) nudity is non-sexual: artistic/aesthetic and, in one case, brief and comedic. Content, pacing and breadth of topics make this comedy suitable for mid-teens and up, as a perfect transition to the more adult-type films that the director has to offer. It is a visual treat, and could be enjoyed both in the theater and via repeat home viewings in order to catch all the details.

1 person found this helpful.

Your review fails to mention suicide & near death by electric chair

Your reviews & descriptions of movies are increasingly off the mark. This movie, while excellent for adults and older teens, is not a lighthearted tribute to an ex-pat newspaper from an era gone by, as common sense media describes. It is dark, deeply disturbing and has highly adult themes which could scar younger viewers. A scene with an electric chair in a prison, open, candid mention of suicide and suicidality. Shame on you for leaving out such important information. I paid for a subscription to Common Sense Media to ensure I wouldn’t show my kids something without knowing exactly what I could expect. I’m wondering if Chat GPT or some other AI is actually writing your reviews. That’s how off/odd and much relevant information is missing. I won’t be renewing my subscription next year.