Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 11 kid reviews

Sort by:

You know your kid

I LOVE all of wes anderson’s films, and The French Dispatch did not disappoint. I saw the film at the cinema, but I was hesitant after seeing some of the reviews. But I think that the film would be fine for anyone over the age of 13, and anyone under as long as they were comfortable. There is a scene or two with a naked woman, but it is not sexual whatsoever, she’s portrayed as art. And I think anyone over 12 would understand this. However, if you’re a parent and you’re still unsure after reading this, ask your child, and they’ll know if they’re ready to see this film or not.
2 people found this helpful.

There is some nudity and sex scenes but is you aren’t affected by that it’s a good movie.

Disjointed; Diligent; Endearing.

1 person found this helpful.

Great Wes Anderson Movie, Is The Most Wes Anderson of Them All!

1 person found this helpful.

An amazing anthology that pays tribute to The New Yorker.

The French Dispatch has been my latest Wes Anderson film as I have been on a marathon of watching films, and this one might just be one of my favorites. The anthology structure of the movie is something that I rarely have seen before in film, and the payoff is that much better when all three of the articles come full circle. The performances are all great, especially Benicio Del Toro as the deranged artist Moses Rosenthaler. Also, the 2D animated sequence towards the end is magnificent. I would mainly recommend the film to people thirteen and up, as the film does feature some coarse language, nudity and sex, but it mostly brief. Of all things considered The French Dispatch is probably one of the best films of the 2020s and garners that for its great ensemble cast, clever story, unique visual style, and that FREAKIN' 2D animated sequence 9/10.

the first short is great, second one not very good, third one pretty good. some funny moments and great cinematography, and tilda swinton is fantastic as always. kids will probably be bored, and so were my parents. I liked it although it did drag. 15+ for nonsexual nudity, and for boringness.

Has some sexy stuff but very very good

I believe that this movie was amazing

The French Dispatch

Another good Wes Anderson movie. I really liked story and the visuals.

Just Wes Anderson

Has nudity and some brief language nothing to worry about.

On the Milder Side of R-Ratings

this was the first wes anderson film i got to see in theaters. it’s charming, hilarious, and dorky. there are no actual sex scenes, just the connotation that it happened (the two people laying in bed after, partial nudity). colorful words are used a few times, but nothing overdone. two scenes that involve a naked female art model. there’s quite a bit of smoking and drinking. also a few violent scenes, though there’s next to no gore, and it’s always not close up. talks about youth, love, and relationships with others. i wouldn’t recommend going to see this with any kid younger than 13, because there is a lot of fast, convoluted dialogue that was difficult to register as an early teen.