All parent member reviews for The Fugitive

Parent Written byElizabeth Darcy October 19, 2011

Great but intense

This is a spectacular but VERY intense movie. In the beginning there are numerous, disturbing flashbacks to a very violent murder. There is a very bad bus accident with plenty of blood shown, and there are several bloody fight scenes. As far as sexual content goes, Richard has a definitely suggestive dream about his wife, although nothing explicit is shown. Highly under-clad women are shown briefly at a party. The swearing is really more than just "a few mild expletives", with countless instances of the s-word, one (although hardly noticeable) use of f***, several uses of d***, and one prominent use of SOB. All these negative elements aside, however, it really is a great movie with a positive message. The good guys win in the end and the bad guys are defeated, and all throughout the two main characters, Richard and Sam, are honorable and gentleman-like. However, this is a very intense movie, and I would definitely not recommend it for anyone under 14, MAYBE 13 at the very youngest.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byCali_Dad April 17, 2015

Profanity early on

For the first half of the movie the characters are surprised by the fugitives maneuvers and exclaim sh*t a lot. Lots of Sh*t's and BullSh*ts for the first half of the move.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 August 5, 2014

Class-A action thriller!

Parents should know that this is a perfectly fine Sunday afternoon movie to watch with their kids, with a bag of popcorn close on hand. Harrison Ford and especially Tommy Lee Jones, who I've never seen have so much fun with a role since Two-Face, are great in "The Fugitive." While at times you have to suspend belief to compute that Kimble escaped the law so often, just remember its a great example of Hollywood escapism at its finest, with a dynamic score, really solid acting and some really funny one-liners, mostly coming from Jones.
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

The theme, violence, language and bloody images are not suitable for kids under 13.

The movie has stabbings, gunfire, and other violence. S**t is used a couple times, along with b---h, and ba---rd.
Adult Written byWarri August 7, 2010

For 11+

The violence is moderate and constant
Adult Written by28J July 18, 2010

The fugitive was a good movie; it was violent, a little bloody, and gory: Altogether, it was pretty good! I don't personally think it matters the age so much, I mean, there is blood, there is gore of a guys side after he's shot, and there are intense parts. But it's all part of the fun. I personally don't think it matters so much about the age, I mean, don't let like... 10 year olds see it, but, I think it also matters a lot on how responsible and if you think your child can handle it. Altogether, it was good!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 17, 2009

Pulse-Pounding Thriller...

THE FUGITIVE is a great movie, especially for teens who are looking for a fun action thriller without a lot of content. Violence is the biggest issue in the film, aside from a few "d**n"s and numerous "s**t"s. Early scenes depict the murder of Harrison Ford's wife, which is brutal, but non-graphic and mostly offscreen. After that, there are numerous tense scenes as well as several shootings (with some blood) and several fist-fights that result in bloody injuries.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Great acting by Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

One of the best films ever made. Do not miss!
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Great Movie, but....

This is one of my favorite Harrison Ford movies--and most kids will recognize him from Star Wars or Indiana Jones. I think it really depends on the child whether or not they'll like this. My 11 year old enjoys movies that really make him think and that are exciting--and this movie fits the bill. The only thing I have reservations about is the part where Dr Kimball's wife is killed. I am still so bothered by it that I close my eyes--and cover my son's eyes. Kids don't need to see a woman being killed in her own home. But, all in all, a super movie.
Adult Written bydavidg122496 April 9, 2008

awesome

i love this movie it is okay for kids