Parent reviews for The Gentlemen

The Gentlemen Poster Image

Ok for kids

I think it's ok for kid around the age of 13, it has a bit of swearing but nothing crazy and a couple gory sceans

Excellent movie

Although it has some violence, it is not senseless and the film is more about the story.

Good, but not a masterpiece

During watching this movie you will be trying to compare it with the previous early classical films by Guy Ritchie, and you won't be disappointed. Less action, less plot twists, less parallel narrative lines, but still a good main idea, an unexpected finale, charismatic characters.

3.5 - Passable script, some plot holes with great ensemble cast.

First off, lots of the "C" word throughout, plenty of cursing, a good deal of violence but nothing too graphic. Also elusions to rape and even beastiality. Not a Matthew McConaughey fan, but Hugh Grant and he do a great job in these character roles. The script isn't as good as Get Shorty or the like with a couple problematic plot holes, but it does have a couple of unique tweaks and takes on the formula to keep it from being too predictable. I was hoping the writing would have been a bit more solid like a Martin Scorcese film, but as gangster films go, this was likable enough to be worth a watch even if it isn't going to blow anyones mind. Like most gangster films, there is no true good guy here. If someones wants some reedeeming value or moral to the story, you aren't going to find anything in this film but gangsters doin what they do with some comedic deliveries along the way. The part I appreciate is that it's setting is in England instead of the typical American "guns for everyone" routine.

It's really not that bad though

A LOT of F-bombs. Main character owns a weed farm; it's just as prevalent as it seems. Not thaaaaaat violent, but explodes in a bloodbathe during its climax.

Entertaining...for grown ups

I was highly entertained by the movie and loved the direction. However, not a movie for kids or young teens in my opinion. The c word (c***) is used profusely in this movie and I suppose I just have enough of an aversion to that word to say this shouldn't be a movie for kids under 17. If you are ok with kids hearing that word, the other words probably won't bother you. I would also tag the violence for the younger kids as being a bit too much.

This movie is entertaining, but it comes with a cost. There is frequent F bombs and the C word is used more than is comfortable. Please know how your kids react to gore as this movie can be super crude at times and there's not much value in the story since the characters are drug Lords. I think this movie is only appropriate for older teens and adults.

Richie does it again

Great film believe it or not this sometimes goes on in real life Depends where you come from People do actually swear in really life, but critics seem to think not!! The move will end up being a classic and is a to a Richie high standard as normal.

A good comical/seriously movie.

No nudity but a lot sexual jokes. Though I wouldn't say it was violent, there was some bloody shooting scene, but it was done in a more comical way. There is a huge amount of cussing! Well over 100 f bombs used. And the obvious part is that there's a lot of drug abuse throughout the movie, which is expected when the plot revolves around Illegal drug operations. The movie itself is good, nothing mind blowing but just a good movie.

Great, Mature movie

It was amazing. I was very impressed with Guy Richie. Hands down HILARIOUS and very clever.