Kid reviews for The Ghost Writer

The Ghost Writer Poster Image

Great Movie for Older Teens and Up

This is my mum's favourite movie and I've been watching it since I was 6. Every time I watched it I understood a little bit more of the story, and now I'm 14 and understand basically all of it. The messages and story are pretty complicated but fantastic! It's not very explicit or anything. I recommend for teens 14-15 and up.

A Great Movie! - Might be confusing to younger kids, but it's okay to watch.

I absolutely LOVE this movie. Ewan McGregor is by far my favorite actor of all time, and he performs exceptionally in this film. As for what you should be mindful of when deciding if you should allow your child to watch it, there really is nothing more but a little language and a little violence. There is extremely mild nudity. It's nothing that hasn't been in any other PG-13 movie. The rest of the movie is just a guy trying to figure a mystery out. The main reason why you should pause for kids 12 & under is because they might not understand the political aspect. I watched this movie when it first came out, and, at the time, I was 10 years-old. I didn't get some political things and what they meant, but I got the main gist and point of the movie. Now, I am 13 years-old, and I can watch this movie without even having to think about the politics. I understand everything. So, I would definitely recommend this movie to kids 13 & up because it is a riveting film that definitely puts you on the edge of your seat just waiting for what will happen next. I would definitely show this to a child 9 through 12 years-old, explain some things and get their take on it, and then show it to them when they reach my age and see how much their views and understanding of things has changed. Overall, this is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I strongly recommend it.

The Ghost Writer: Polanski's new masterpiece

Roman Polanski's political thriller is a true masterpiece, full of mystery and suspense. The director intelligently uses music instead of violence to create suspense. Note to parents: The movie contains plenty of sexual dialouge, a brief shot of a man's nude back side, and two uses of f--k. For 14 and up.

I rate this film ON for ages 12+

this deftly written and directed tale of political intrigue will likely thrill fans of the genre, including older teens. It includes some swearing and brief nudity, and addresses mature subjects such as war crimes and terrorism. Another note: The director, Roman Polanski, is a controversial auteur who is in the news right now. He stands accused of sexually coercing a child many decades ago and leaving the country to avoid prosecution. This movie has nothing to do with his trial and legal situation.

good movie

good movie

Good movie, but 15+ is too strong a rating.

Are you serious? 15+?? There was nothing bad in it! The nudity/sexuality was mild, as if nobody has ever seen a butt before. I saw worse when I was 10, and it didn't disturb me at all. The climax was startling, though. Also, the ending was GENIUS! Some people didn't get it, but I got it. The man uncovered the secret about the woman working for the CIA, and he died within seconds, because that's how the CIA operates. But overall, it was another great film by Roman Polanski, very suspenseful, and perfectly appropriate for 10 and up.

perfect for tweens

a great movie for any tween and up

This may sound odd coming from an early teen, but I can't recommend this to anyone under 15. This film is loaded with complicated plot twists and sudden jolts and turns with a very Hitchcockian style. I am very, very into movies so I understood the twist ending better than my father who was sitting next to me in the the theater the whole time. But let me assure you, for the average person, you may come out a little mad because you don't understand it, so be aware. The Ghost Writer is brilliantly written, beautifully acted, has the perfect musical score, and some mature content like frequent language, a sex scene where we see for a split second some bare breasts and Ewan McGregor's fully exposed buttocks and backside.