A Black girl sits next to her mom and dad on a couch, all smiling. She is pointing at a smartphone that they are looking at together.

Concerned about social media, AI, and screen time?

Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best out of media and tech.

Parent and Kid Reviews on

The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone

The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 17 kid reviews

Sort by:

my thoughts...

The third movie in the series has graphic violence and language.
1 person found this helpful.

The Godfather Part 3

I came to the conclusion part 2 of The Godfather trilogy is my favorite. I didn’t watch The Godfather coda: the death of micheal corleone, I watched The Godfather part 3. I don’t think this movie deserved the bad reviews but the incest theme throughout the movie was kinda unnecessary and cringe. The acting was great like the other 2 and I recommend this if you have seen the other 2.

The Godfather 3 Review

Not as good as the first two, but still worth a watch. Very violent, not for kids at all. Violence 9/10. Graphic bloody violence. People killed by hanging, gunfire, in one scene a man is shot in the throat and blood splatters on the mirror behind him. In another, a man is stabbed in the throat with his glasses. We see the bloody aftermath. Not to be seen by children.

fantastic

this is a must see for any film buff in your home

Could be better

Wow, this is not great. To begin with, Sofia Coppola is not an actress. Her performance is easily the worst aspect of this movie. The script is also significantly worse that the first two, feeling like it’s trying to appeal to as large of an audience as possible rather than keeping a contained story. This film is also easily the worst paced of the trilogy (considering it’s also the shortest in the trilogy, that’s not good). The ending is almost laughably bad as well, with an extra scene that is incredibly out of place. There is a great 90-120 minute film in here, but the overly long run time, messy script, and weak performances make this the worst of the trilogy.

Godfather 3.0

Godfather 1 and 2 and 3 are all classics. Spoiler ALERT Godfather 1 and 2 are the best of the bunch but this film gets overlooked often due to Coppola’s performance. While bland she only stepped into the role as wills mom from stranger things stepped out of the role. While it was different THE film tells the life and times of Micheal Corleone. My complaint the relationship between Vincent and Mary. It’s wrong and dangerous to quote Micheal.

The weakest of the series, but still a very good film

The Godfather Part 3 picks up almost 20 years after it's predecessor. And now Vito Michael Corleone is about the same age as his father Vito in the original. During lots of the movie he is asking for forgiveness for what he did in Parts 1 and 2, while there are many people set on killing him. In terms of inappropriate content, the violence is about as graphic as Part II. But there is more sex than part II, and two characters who are cousins have a relationship, which can be creepy. There is much more cussing in this film then there was in Parts I and II. Overall this was a good conclusion to the trilogy, and even though it tends to get a bad reputation it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

"The Godfather Part III" movie review

"The Godfather Part III" was a film every fan of the first two "Godfather" movies hated. Critics liked the movie and it was even nominated for "Best Picture" at the 1990/1991 Academy Awards(R). I really liked this movie. Is it flawed? Yes, but this is still an entertaining movie. I understand this movie is unnecessary. Seeing Al Pacino play Michael Corleone one last time was amazing. The scenes he's in looked so believable. Andy Garcia as Vincent Corleone was great as well. He is an amalgamation of the male leads of the Corleone family: Vito's kindness, Michael's ruthlessness, Santino's temper, and Tom's loyalty. Andy Garcia truly gave a great performance; very charismatic. My first problem with "The Godfather Part III" is Sofia Coppola. She looked like she came out of the Disney channel. My second problem is the somewhat convoluted story. I wished it took a little time to explain the Immobilare deal. Other than those two flaws, I really enjoyed watching this movie. Michael's guilt was handled perfectly and there was a lot of symbolism to be found. The story was still very good. It had the vibe of its predecessors. I really thought this is an underrated film. It gets hate because it isn't as good as the first two movies which I think is unfair. This is the most violent of the "Godfather" movies by far. There is a lot of blood and brutal violence. I recommend watching this movie if you are skeptical. It is very good.

Not as good as the previous ones.

A bit of violence, like the previous ones. There is a sexual relationship between two cousins.