Kid reviews for The Goldfinch

Art-centered drama about loss has teen drinking, drug use.

Teen, 17 years old Written bythoris.clowned November 18, 2019

Read the Book.

This movie was amazing. I watched it after reading the book and found it great. I saw it with my mom and she didn't really understand most of it although she really enjoyed it. I think if you're going to watch it, read the book. It'll help a lot with understanding it and appreciating more.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylydjv September 14, 2019

Great movie

I watched the movie with my mom. It was really good, I don’t know why some critics are rating it poorly. Lots of drug use. Some language and violence throughout movie. Overall really great movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byk-carr September 12, 2019

Amaze

Wow Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things and Ansel Elgort fro The Fault in our Stars are so good. No sex or anything of that sort but there is swearing(same amount as some pg13 movies) and lots of drugs. As good as the book!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmoothlikebutter55 September 12, 2020

Good movie and loved Boris and Theo.

I dont understand why the critics gave this movie a hard time. It was actually very good and the story was amazing. I really like the characters of Boris and Theo and how their story evolved. The actors gave a great performance and there was some alcohol and drug use. But other then that the movie should be good for 13+.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpamleynecrevis July 30, 2020

Great Movie!

This is my all time favourite movie! There are some inappropriate references and drug use, that isn't suitable for young children. BUT I DO RECOMMEND WATCHING!!!! (ship Theo and Boris 4 Eva)

Teen, 15 years old Written byBecca12345 July 16, 2020

I loved the book

The movie is confusing to put it bluntly. If I hadn't read the book I think I'd have a really loose grasp of what was going on.
Long story short: read the book first please.
(I put this at 10 and up because I watched this with my little brother and he enjoyed it)

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 22, 2020

Haven’t read the book

This movie has some heavy content but really good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byrobin. May 1, 2020

know who you are

It is a slower movie and there is a LOT of drugs. I feel like you just need to know who you are. I like sad slow movies so this was a good movie for me, but other people aren’t that way and that’s fine. There’s no gore or anything, it’s just sad. It’s really heavy and like I said there’s lots and lots of drugs. So um... don’t do drugs guys... no, but seriously. As long as you KNOW and REMEMBER that just because a character does something doesn’t mean you should too. It’s a really great movie though.
Also I’ve seen people say that if you haven’t read the book you’ll be confused... I disagree. While I think you will have more knowledge if you read the book, you don’t have to. Also there’s suicidal thoughts (I forgot to mention that)

Teen, 14 years old Written byGwoods05 January 24, 2020

I love it

This movie was really good in my opinion. There was a lot of drug and alcohol use. But the story was different and really enjoyable. This movie is not for everyone though.

Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2019

The Goldfinch!!

I think this was a very good movie. I went to see it with my grandma and it did not disappoint! I really loved it and I think anybody over the age of 15or16 should be able to watch it.

Teen, 16 years old Written bygood guy with g... October 12, 2019

This movie almost made me cry

Teen, 13 years old Written byJulespools September 19, 2019

Amazing film

This film, was beautifully casted and filmed. There is a lot of drug use by teens and adults, as well as swearing. But let’s be honest here, YOUR KIDS ALREADY KNOW THAT STUFF. Okay just by letting them watch a film that has swearing or drug use doesn’t mean they will. I saw this film in theaters with my mom and friend. We all loved the film soooo much!! Highly recommended!