Kid reviews for The Good Liar

The Good Liar Poster Image

Brilliant

The Good Liar is an amazing movie filled with plot twists galore. It has just the right amount of mystery, romance, violence, etc. to make a great thriller. Violence: 5/5 (face shot off, hand hammered, rape, man pushed into moving train) Sex/Nudity: 4/5 (women shown topless, rape) Language: 5/5 (f--k, s--t, and even c--t)

fine

watched with grandma we both had good time! (its a good grandparent movie if they can handle some violence) although i was kind of suprised by the violence because she chose the movie so i was caught off guard.

Of course, any film that stars Helen McKellen and Ian Mirren is bound to be good. McKellen doesn't often play unpleasant characters (even his Magneto is a bit of antihero) but he manages to do it unusually well in this film, though still, as they say, manages to "act while he's acting". As McKellen is the POV character, it's Mirren who the audience is always trying to figure out. And she never quite changes her manner, even at the end of the film for the Big Reveal. However, this film definitely isn't the romantic comedy some might expect from the stars and plot premise. There is murder, torture, and crime in this film. At one point, a young Helen Mirren is raped by a young Ian McKellen. I wouldn't show this film to my little brother, that's for sure.