Kid reviews for The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Potent Italian-Western shoot-'em up/war drama.

Kid, 9 years old November 13, 2016

one of the best movies ever

This is my new favorite movie ever I love it. The only reason why younger kids wouldn't like it is because they will find it boring. A+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieKid387 August 8, 2015

The Best Western Movie of all Time

Very Violent movie shouldn't be rated R but still is violent. The language is bad at all just 10 b words, a couple a words and d words. You can see Tucos rear end for about 0.5 seconds seriously. Now the violence. It's pretty bad. A man is hit 3 times on a stone and tuco has blood all over his hand. Then he is ran over by a locomotive. A man is shot to death by 5 men with rifles. A kid is hanged. Intense gunfight at end. Woman is slapped like 10 times. Lots of shootouts. War violence. a soldier is bloodied up like crazy. Lots of people are shown dead with corpses on the ground during war. Bridge is blown. The bloodiest part in the movie is when Tuco is tortured. Blood is shown. He is punched and man puts fingers in his eyes. The part is supposed to be sad. There is more violence is the movie but mostly just gun fights. This movie will amuse 12 year olds but it's very long so better to watch at night...

Teen, 16 years old Written byjoebla April 7, 2015

Greatest western of all time

Yes this movie is rated r, yes it probably earned it's rating back in its day. But that was nearly 50 years ago. Compared to the pg 13 movies of today, this is a very mild movie. Yes there is a lot of shooting, yes there is some swearing and yes there is a lot of smoking and drinking. But there is almost no blood, and the swearing is nothing compared to most pg13 movies released today. If I were a parent I would let my kids see this before I'd let them see 70% of the pg 13 movies released today. Even Imdb says it should be pg 13, if you don't trust me, trust them. (Also it is an amazing movie worth seeing)

Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2015

A Great, Though Violent, Western Movie

This is my favorite western. It is superbly done in every way. Although this is the third movie in the series, you will not need to see the movies, A Fistful of Dollars, and For A Few Dollars More, although I have seen the first movie, not as good, but still good. This movie has, many scenes of violence, mostly characters being shot. Tuko, also known as the Ugly, is seen in a bath, though the scene is non-sexual. Some language. And, drinking. Although not likely to be seen as that unsuitable for children. Mature kids will enjoy themselves, adults alike.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAran Donnelly January 28, 2018

My Twelfth Favourite Movie of All Time

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is the second greatest Western movie ever made and another essential movie by the great Sergio Leone. However, it has some graphic violence. It is mostly bloodless, but there are exceptions including a disturbing scene where Angel Eyes tortures Tuco. There are some bad words such as "bastard" and "whore" used. Even the titular "Good" Blondie is not particularly clean himself being willing to kill rival bounty hunters for money and only becomes the Good further towards the end.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie August 28, 2014

Amazing Western Classic is even more violent than Unforgiven

The good the bad and the ugly is a very violent film and even though it is a classic some teens might not be able to handle the amounts of gunfire and civil war themes. Although the movie does show who always wins the fight and it may be though but the smartest one always wins. The winner if the dual instead of killing his ex-partner gives him a fare share. LOTS OF SMOKING AND DRINKING.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybombadil July 12, 2014

brilliant but violent.

the movie is great but has a lot of non- bloody violence, including hangings, shootings, beatings and dehydration-ings. None of the characters are good role models- even the good is a semi ruthless killer. There is also a fair amount of smoking and some drinking. as for language, Tuco curses when he is "captured", but speaks so quickly and with an accent so it is hard to hear what he said. However, even thou it is rated R, it would be PG-13 if it were released now because the PG-13 rating did not exist when it was released in the 60's.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXtreme101 October 17, 2015

The Best Western Ever

The Good The Bad And The Ugly is the best western movie ever made. There aren't even any contenders(Except maybe the other Dollars movies, Unforgiven, Stagecoach, The Searchers, Tombstone, Shane, Rio Bravo, Shane, Dances With Wolves, Django Unchained, you get the point). And although it's three hours long, and there are lots of silent, waiting scenes, it is still great. As for those quiet and waiting scenes, those prove to be the most suspenseful. Especially a final shootout is very intense and awesome. The performances from Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach are also great, and despite sometimes breaking rules and killing people, you still root for them. Quentin Tarantino once said that this film is the greatest Directorial Achievement in all of cinema, I agree, (with a couple exceptions, a few of them Mr. Tarantino's own work) so I won't even get into that, other then, yeah, it's fantastic. Again, favorite western of all time. As for inappropriate stuff, there's a lot of violence, but no close ups of anybody after they are shot dead. They're usually shot, and their bodies end up out of frame, and the action goes on. For sex, there is none, except for mentioning that one woman is a prostitute. And finally, language, there's nothing in the really bad range(S--t and F--k) but there are words like "Bastard" and "Son Of A Bi-ch." But, overall, it's a fantastic western that should be seen by any cinema lover by the time they die.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 2, 2015

Lucky it came out in the 60s

And that's because it would be a total letdown in today's world. The film is a bit long and has a lot of boring stuff. But who cares, the trigger-pulling action is where it's at.

Teen, 16 years old Written bydawnofmber August 13, 2016

A classic film that anyone and everyone should watch at some point

This is truly Sergio Leone's best film to date. A three hour epic that has betrayal, danger, greed, and all classic western tropes. The only reason this film has a R rating is because back in 1967 the only ratings were G, PG, R and X. in conclusion this is an excellent film that any film fan watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 25, 2014

GREAT MOVIE for its era!

Clint Eastwood classic. Long film for little audience and has several scenes of civil war action.
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2019

An Amazing Foundation

While not the first western (which is often credited as Stagecoach) The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly provides an amazing foundation for what is to come in Western film. The run time is a bit long, and scenes can feel unmotivated at points, this film made the standoff good. Eastwood's performance is exactly what the character needs to be, and Eli Wallach's performance as Tuco is thrilling to watch: a man corrupted by greed, but he can't decide if wealth is more important than revenge. Angel Eyes is a believable villain albeit cliche. This movie is better suited watching after other more modern westerns to see their roots. If this is your first western though, it won't be as interesting. Thus the four stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA Strange American February 21, 2019

The Best Western

This movie is one of my favorites of all time. There is quite a bit of smoking, which was prevalent in the time, and there are a lot of gunfights, which are not very violent at all, compared to the movies nowadays.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCritiKid November 26, 2018

This is a great movie, but in my opinion, the first "Dollars" movie is still the best.

This movie probably has a lot more acclaim then the first two in the trilogy, and it is a very good film, but it isn't as good as the original. There isn't a lot of dialogue in this movie and most of the talking comes from Tuco. That was one thing I didn't like about this movie. Tuco is the only character that the movie seems to focus on. I would much rather have seen Clint Eastwood's character be the biggest character in the movie. Anyways, violence and language are probably the main concerns. There is a bit of blood but it is pretty fake. One of the things that I found a little startling about this movie and the other two in the trilogy is how painfully realistic some of the scenes with punching are. It isn't very graphic, but it can be a bit hard to watch at times. No one in this movie really says any bad words except Tuco. He does say a number of bad words throughout the movie. There is no inappropriate stuff in this movie. Overall, my opinion is that this movie is not as good as A Fistful of Dollars, but it is still a great film that I would definitely recommend for western fans.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBookNerd16 November 3, 2018

Definitely Watch this Movie!

Classic Western! You need to watch this movie. It's got great characters, lots of action, and an amazing soundtrack. Violence: A lot, but not graphic at all. Mostly shooting, but some more disturbing instances like smashing with a rock or hanging Language: A few uses of b**tard and SOB

Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2018

Really Good Movie

This is a really good movie during the it’s time. I love all the gunshots And duels. I Kate no idea why kids media putted 5 stars on violent. Do you guys see the movies of today. PG-13 movies these days are more violent than The Good The Bad and The Ugly. I like the tale and Clint Eastwood. The characters are cool. This isn’t a really bad movie for kids. This got me into western stuff. Even though it’s a spaghetti western. That’s all I gotta say. Overall this movie is a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2018

There are two kids of people in the world: those who like this movie, and those who love it.

This one of my all time favorite movies. Even though it’s three hours long, it’s never boring. It’s an action packed spaghetti western with amazing characters an and an amazing plot. It’s violent, but it doesn’t glorify violence. It’s also kind of funny in a way. It is one of my top three favorite westerns and one of my top ten favorite movies.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJollyRogers March 14, 2018
One of the greatest movies ever made, a true classic! It is a bit violent but nothing to much for mature teenagers

Teen, 13 years old Written byJJJJJJJJJO March 4, 2018

One of the great Westerns

The Good The Bad The Ugly is a very entertaining Western with Clint Eastwood that I have watched at least three times. Honestly this movie is just a really good time with a great score. Men drink and smoke throughout the movie, and many men are shot but not much blood is shown, Lee Van Cleef beats Toko half to death and there is lots of blood shown, in the movie there are many wounded soldiers covered with blood shown.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieMaster February 10, 2018

Probably the best western out there, ages 11 and up.

(See Content Guide below Review) Quality: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is a staple in the western genre. It is very well directed and contains great cinematography along with good performances by the three titular characters. The plot is very engaging and we as the audience are drawn into the series of events and interactions between the main characters as it reaches a violent and suspenseful climax. Content Guide: Violence: The only concern parents should have about this film is violence. Much like in other westerns many characters are killed by guns. Civil war scenes are also shown, there is a little blood shown on wounded soldiers. There is also no real hero in the story as all the characters are anti-heroes this concept could confuse younger viewers. Drugs: Pretty much every character is a smoker, Clint Eastwood's character constantly has a cigar in his mouth.