Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 73 kid reviews

Sort by:

Great film

One of the best films I've ever watched. I watched the entire trilogy when I was 12,and I could not understand why this film is still rated 18. While this film does contain alot of violence, it's never gory. The most vionet scene (imh) is the torture scene, even then, that's mostly just beatings. There is only a small bit of nudity, and it's not sexual. The swearing in this film is very mild, on PG level. I personally think a mature child could watch this at 11 maybe even 10, it's also set during the civil war and is educational at parts.

1 person found this helpful.

A masterpiece of filmmaking.

While the film is rated R (in the USA) or 18 here in Britain it doesn’t deserve this age rating. While violent it’s never particularly gory or bloody, it gets very violent at some parts but there’s never over the top blood. The film is absolutely amazing and deserves 5 stars from CSM. Violence: 4/5. Some shoot ‘em up scenes and fistfights. The ending has the famous 3 way shootout and the film contains several scenes of war violence (from the American civil war). Men are hanged- only to be saved by the man with no name- and there is a brutal near death due to dehydration. Language: 2/5. For an R/18 there’s nothing. Bastard and Bitch. Sex: 2/5. The one woman character who is briefly shown is a prostitute and there is a non sexualised rear shot of Tuco getting into a bath. Overall score: 5/5. An amazing film which is absolutely worth a watch. You get kids however, may get bored or not understand it. This film is iconic and groundbreaking with some amazing music and photography. My rating: 12+ for Moderate Violence and Brief Nudity.

Pretty good western, but deserves a PG-13

Ok, so this western movie was really fun to watch, and it has a great plot. In my opinion, this movie is ok for mature kids and tweens, it's not THAT gory. Yes, it shows violence, blood, war, but not in a gory way. Plus this movie was made in 1967, the special effects arent realistic. Im not a big fan of westerns myself, but this one was nice. OK for +11, iffy for 8+ and bad for 6+.

Such a great movie

Best western movie of all time its a little bit violent but not that much kids should watch this movie .

My favorite movie of all time

This is my favorite movie. There is something about it that gives me the feeling of nostalgia for some reason. The music is amazing and the plot is great. Tuco (the ugly) has by far the greatest actor in the movie and every scene is made better with him. Although there is a lot of killing, there is not much blood. I will say this, for any parents reading this and wants to see the movie with their kid, the kid should be knowledgeable about death and the cruel nature of humans to not just kill for benefit, but for punishment and revenge. This is an amazing movie.

it has some cussing but not much, It has alot of vilonce, tons of drugs and drinking. but honestly I'd say its pg-13 not R like it was rated

So much fun

One of my favorite movies of all time so good if you kid likes westerns or you want to introduce them to westerns show them this

Best cowboy film

Amazing story, amazing characters, amazing acting, amazing stunts, and amazing ending top 10

Good for nearly everyone

In most countries this movie was given some type of 15+ rating which in my opinion is really out dated.There is gun violence but there is nothing explicit or bloody if this film was Re-rated it would be like PG-13 (US) , 12 (UK) , M (AUS) for Moderate violence, infrequent coarse language.