All parent member reviews for The Grand Budapest Hotel

Parent of a 15 year old Written bymerely_mere April 7, 2014
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014
Sexual content a some violence a brief nudity a language a some drug.
Adult Written bychristian2011 December 31, 2014

Quirky, flamboyant and brilliantly written script.

The Grand Budapest Hotel, what can I say really. It's definitely one of the most eccentric, yet highly imaginative yet poignant, movies I've seen this year. The plot is complex, yet not too overwhelming in it's complicated manner, and so creative - reminded me of the Three Stooges vibe. The characters had their own original intellectual quality. For a comedy drama genre, it does contain quite intense sequences of violence, which is frivolous and cartoonish in nature, which significantly lowers the intensity, yet still bloody and graphic. The language is the biggest concern in the film, multiple uses of f**k, god***n, and sh*t. There are images of a sexual nature and crude references, yet no actual sex revealed in the film.
Adult Written by458540 May 25, 2014
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 27, 2014

Quirky, as per Mr. Anderson

This might be Wes Anderson's darkest movie to date, and perhaps one of his best! Though "Fantastic Mr. Fox" will always hold a near place in my heart, there are a lot of humorous moments and surprises onscreen for the whole duration. The fun and whimsy (a good word CSM!) he brings with nearly every scene is quite enjoyable. Among the ensemble of too many to name, Ralph Fiennes as lead M. Gustave is delightful, punctuating Anderson's words with a profanity or two to keep you on your toes. While the script's a bit complicated, it all unfolds rather like a colorful little piece of candy. The score is great, and the cinematography and art direction are so intriciately put together, like Anderson has OCD about his shots being symmetrical. It's a fun time, and there's only some swearing and a few sexual images.
Adult Written byResponsable February 4, 2015

I don't know what's the matter

I think this film is just rated R for Swearing. There's nothing to worry about if your children is 12 or older
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 23, 2015

Quirky, delightful, energetic Wes Anderson flick has just a bit of sex, violence