All parent member reviews for The Grand Budapest Hotel

Parent of a 15 year old Written bymerely_mere April 7, 2014
Adult Written byslasher23 August 16, 2014
Sexual content a some violence a brief nudity a language a some drug.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 December 27, 2014

Quirky, as per Mr. Anderson

This might be Wes Anderson's darkest movie to date, and perhaps one of his best! Though "Fantastic Mr. Fox" will always hold a near place in my heart, there are a lot of humorous moments and surprises onscreen for the whole duration. The fun and whimsy (a good word CSM!) he brings with nearly every scene is quite enjoyable. Among the ensemble of too many to name, Ralph Fiennes as lead M. Gustave is delightful, punctuating Anderson's words with a profanity or two to keep you on your toes. While the script's a bit complicated, it all unfolds rather like a colorful little piece of candy. The score is great, and the cinematography and art direction are so intriciately put together, like Anderson has OCD about his shots being symmetrical. It's a fun time, and there's only some swearing and a few sexual images.
Adult Written bychristian2011 December 31, 2014

Quirky, flamboyant and brilliantly written script.

The Grand Budapest Hotel, what can I say really. It's definitely one of the most eccentric, yet highly imaginative yet poignant, movies I've seen this year. The plot is complex, yet not too overwhelming in it's complicated manner, and so creative - reminded me of the Three Stooges vibe. The characters had their own original intellectual quality. For a comedy drama genre, it does contain quite intense sequences of violence, which is frivolous and cartoonish in nature, which significantly lowers the intensity, yet still bloody and graphic. The language is the biggest concern in the film, multiple uses of f**k, god***n, and sh*t. There are images of a sexual nature and crude references, yet no actual sex revealed in the film.
Adult Written by458540 May 25, 2014
Adult Written byMmbegaye March 7, 2016

Wow!

The Grand Budapest Hotel is a witty movie that's long from boring. It is filled with action,somewhat violence and tons if sexual references that makes the movie what it really is. The characters play an important role in the movie especially Lobby Boy. He is awkward and fast learning and hilarious all mixed together. His wife, whom he always accuses the hotel manager of flirting with her, is a baker and great addition because without her the story line would be a little vague. This movie overall is a action felt cartoonish movie without animation. It's plain brilliant as well as Oscar worthy. The different types of Mise en Scene used on this movie made the grand Budapest hotel pop out and made you into the movie more and more. The way the director is able to add little details to the scenes and have camera angles perfection match duo with what is happening in the scene. His transitions from hard and soft lighting made each scene colorful and contrasted with little effort. It's was so great that you could rarely see the editing used in the movie. In conclusion this movie is an amazing twist to a new Era movie and a great storyline indeed .
Adult Written byResponsable February 4, 2015

I don't know what's the matter

I think this film is just rated R for Swearing. There's nothing to worry about if your children is 12 or older
Adult Written byKaaatie March 9, 2016

Lobby Boy

I gave this movie a 5 star because of how funny and unique this movie is. What I think Wes Anderson did to make this movie great was the colors in the mas-en -cen and how the camera angles were so clean when the switched scene. Another part would be the story line, this movie seems like a comedy but in the end it was kinda sad. But this movie was great and above all hilarious, I loved it.
Adult Written byQmorgan408 March 8, 2016

Good movie

This movie was really good i liked it because of the amazing background images in each scene and how it looked like drawings or like a clayish type of background & within that its very funny & each scene is soo rich with a unique dialogue & how it uses two frames telling two different stories so that you can know what the story is about, even after all the inappropiate displays it still is a very good movie & its very funny soo watch it
Adult Written byStudmuffinbenny March 7, 2016
I give movie a 5/5 because it was just awesome. It was action packed, hilarious, understandable, and unpredictable! All of these perfect qualities fit into the movie only because of the amazing cinematography and music throughout the movie. Watching it twice, there are areas all over the movie that give the mood. From changing camera angles smoothly to jumping around mis en scene, the plot and characters never stopped moving! Character development was also an awesome aspect. Watching Gustav was very good, it made you feel like you could have been in the movie with him while he developed and served the people as best as he could. All in all, the cinematography for the movie was awesome, the character development of Zero and Gustav are/were extraordinarily good, and the mis en scene (mostly color) made the movie super good, and will continue too as long as we watch it.
Adult Written byCheescake.eater2016 March 7, 2016

The hotel

The movie of the century, it had one of the best scenes that would be ever filmed. The setting of the movie was an interesting hotel on the top of the mountain. the plot of the story had different views but in the end it all comes together as other movies but not this movie. the movie had great characters that wanted to be acting, not for the money. the lobby boy was the character most of us wont be able to explain as adventurous type of boy. as he stood by the side of the teacher that taught him the essentials of running a hotel and maintain under the law of his convicted accident with the family. He had the best role in the movie by taking on the real challenges with his leader. the scenes were very good. I expected the total opposite of the scene was going to be the worst ever. the scene haven't had one quite scene until the director wanted you to hear to the most important amount of information to be told in the scene. Other than that every scene had sounds of the surrounding and the props making sounds. The sound made me intense and sitting on the edge of my seat. Wes Anderson made the characters unexpected at times and unnecessary language. It was at the appropriate time and the right time to cuss or shout.
Adult Written bykipwalker44 January 23, 2015

Quirky, delightful, energetic Wes Anderson flick has just a bit of sex, violence