Parent reviews for The Great Bear

Captivating, moving tale with scares; best for older kids.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byalex rofiq October 17, 2014
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11 year old Written bykvanvoorhis January 31, 2015

lovely, lovely film

This is a fantastic film and I'm so glad we saw it. It's true, the commentary about the "rhythm" being different and it taking a while to get into it. It was reassuring for our kids to have my husband sit with them while watching it - the formula is so different than traditional kids movies that my kids (ages 10. 8. & 6) were definitely nervous, not knowing what to expect next. If you are looking for a great kids movie that is not formulaic (good guy, bad guy, beautiful girl, conflict then happy resolution), try this one.

Parent Written byCathy P. February 17, 2018

Innappropriate content

I can't believe the higher reviews. I didn't think a kids show would not only have cursing, but violent tendencies from the brother. I read reviews before we watch shows. In this, the older brother curses within the 1st 10 minutes. Then he slaps his little sister across the face. I have 4 brothers and I understand teasing and aggravation. But they weren't allowed to hit me. There may be some huge Epiphany and lesson in this movie, but I'll have to finish it without my daughter to ensure there's nothing else I should be blocking her from. Too many other shows out there with Good messages without the issues I've listed.
Adult Written byvikki r. April 30, 2017