All parent member reviews for The Green Hornet

Parent Written byRev007 May 28, 2011

A Failed and Miserable movie - do not waste your time

This movie was a HUGE disappointment. My wife and I had to fast forward a large portion of this movie and all in all wish we had not watched the movie at all. The language was terrible, the sexual overtones and harassment were evident and terrible. The story line left much to be desired and only part of the movie worth while was the last 2 minutes..... save your money and your mind- DO not watch!
Parent Written byCMW770 October 13, 2012

The green hornet

I think the Commonsense review is about right for this movie re: language, sexual content etc. but parents should also be aware that there is quite a lot of killing in this movie. In one particular scene that is disturbing to viewers on the younger side, innocent people are killed simply for wearing green. The violence in the scene is more implied than graphic (although the silhouette of thugs beating someone to death is quite disturbing) and the dead bodies all lined up in a row is also quite confronting.
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

Enough crap. We really need good movies, and all we get is this terrible, terrible borefest. It is completly unwatchable. I walked out before the movie even half-finished (and not just me, I was one of the people who stayed the longest). Don't watch this movie unless you really want a lower IQ. The movie really is that brainless.
Adult Written byquicksilver369 May 11, 2011

This is not for kids of any age. Parents beware!

I wanted to like this movie because our family loves superheroes but I hated it. Every scene is f* this and f* that. If the writers would have written the screenplay without the cursing then it may have been OK story at best. It does have the story of friendship and that the main character is a terrible friend. There is drug use and partying in this movie as well. I would not recommend it to anyone and it should have be rated R for language.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 6, 2011
The Green Hornet is a good action movie good for your teens and parents you need to know that The Green Hornet has some intense action violence some sensuality some strong language used and some drinking and drugs used which is one scene britt is seen in a party drinking vodka and red bull and a crystal meth in a drug lab the only message in this movie is about friendship and the only role model is that Lenore who is smart and hardworking and doesn't predictably fall for either guy in the movie.
Parent Written byglimlyricus November 23, 2012

Green Hornet Review

It was a good movie but the main character was a jerk until the very end. He didn't fully redeem himself but he got better.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur September 29, 2012

awesome and hysterically funny

the green hornet is an awesome and and hilarious action comedy, nonstop action, very big laughs, great special effects, and great use of slow mo
Adult Written bytom342532 July 15, 2012

good movie

VIOLENT
Adult Written bykeeyanoosh March 25, 2012

the green hornet

this movie has violents in it it should be unrated
Adult Written bybdh July 9, 2011
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bytobrien July 1, 2011

Do not let your kids watch!

I wish I would have looked at this site before getting this movie for my kids. Too much language, violence, etc. Not even that good of a story. Don't waste your time!
Parent of a 7, 9, and 10 year old Written bymamymeah June 30, 2011

Pushing the limits of the rating system

too much inappropriate language - we turned it off just based on that one factor. Plus not a movie for parents who are on the fence about the pg-13 rating, I would bet their are quite a few scenes on the cutting room floor to make this a 13 instead of an R OR someone knew the rating system VERY well and produced a 'just under R" film that they knew wouldn't get the R rating but pushed every line. Overall could have passed this one entirely! Better for the late high school crowd.
Parent Written byhazfl June 10, 2011

If you think walmart is a great place to be at 2am then this movie is for you...

This is just an amateur movie. Poorly written and directed. The dialogue goes for shallow cheap shots only. There is nothing that an intelligent person would find redeeming in this flick, even as a romp.
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byxgame May 17, 2011

Crazy as hornets,edgy like hornets.

THE PLOT:The green hornet is an action and buddy movie who focuses on Britt,an guy who is not such a hero.Life is a easy,eh? It all changes when Britt"s dad dies by a bee swarm.Now,the guy is charge of his dad"s company.When he hangs out with Kato,(Britt"s dad asistant)they team up as a crime fighting team named "The Green Hornet",a smart team with a jaw dropping car.Once they meet up with Lemore,a woman who works at the company,soon she notices 'The Green Hornet',they are in danger from laws and cops..What will happen? THE CONTENT:THE GOODS MESSAGES;Britt and Kato have more friendship while the movie goes further.Britt also learns to be more as a brave,better man.Also,Lemore is not a bad role model. [2 OUT OF 5] ROLE MODELS:Britt goes from poor role model to decent role model.Lemore is better role model. [1 OUT OF 5] CONTENT:BADS VIOLENCE:Is clear this movie has a high body count,but very little mayor actors die.There is some blood,and a body is in close up,smashed by a car.Characters are held up in fist and gun fights.The action is frequent and life to death,but the makeup is not bloddy or gory. [3 OUT OF 5] LANGUEGE:Languegue is fair.There is uses of words like sh*t, a**hole,a**,cr*p,h*ll,d*mn,p*ssy and b*tch.Also one f*ck [4 OUT OF 5] SEX:In first scenes,Britt is shown dancing and acting sexy.He also sleeped with a shirtless woman in the bed..Britt kind of flirts with Lemore. [2 OUT OF 5] CONSUMERISM:Some cars on display. [1 OUT OF 5] DRUGS,DRINKING AND SMOKING: Britt is shown drinking in first scenes.He also mixes vodka and red bull. [2 OUT OF 5] Overall,funny jokes,good story and a heck of fun make The Green Hornet an very good adventure for teens. [4 out of 5] off 11- iffy 12- 13 on + NOTE:LANGUEGE IS BLEEPED BY LAW
Parent of a 7, 7, and 10 year old Written byMotherof3kids May 16, 2011

Don't waste your time!

This is one of the worst movies I have seen in a long time. The unnecessary use of bad language really detracts from the movie and makes the characters seem even more pathetic than they already are.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byBekilyn83 May 14, 2011

Too Violent... Not A Good Message

Much too violent. Not a good message. And while the humor part is funny for adults, it's not overly appropriate for teens. I would say maybe 13+ would be "ok" with it.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written bygillet01 May 13, 2011
The type of movie I would have enjoyed before I had kids. Fun but flawed.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 10 year old Written bygbtheater May 9, 2011

Be warned. LOTS of swearing and drug references.

Yeah, not a great movie at all. My wife and I screened it hoping our boys could watch it, but there was way too much swearing and the use of the F-Word and P*ssy was just too much to allow our 8 and 10 year olds to watch this. With good parenting, maybe your 13+ could watch it without negative affects.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byD71Collier March 16, 2011

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Unnecessary foul langauage, humor that was aimed at 12 year olds but in adult contexts. Bad writing, jokes aim for the lowest common denominator. Spent $5 at the bargain theater and felt I overpaid. Don't take your kids to this - it's just not necessary to fill their minds up with this garbage.
Adult Written bymgwynn224 March 7, 2011