Kid reviews for The Guardian

Waterlogged rescue flick is too intense for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolguyiscoolbro June 9, 2010
really intense movie should be: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence, language, and some disturbing content

Kid, 11 years old August 12, 2013

Very Well Done, Interesting Themes and Predictable Ending

I loved the theme right away– it was intriguing. Ashton Kutcher, going to an elite swimmers section in the Coast Guard, a sad teacher with a traumatic accident in his past, Kutcher himself suffering from recent events, a doubtful swimmer with his last chance, now Kutcher's friend....... The Guardian had a perfect, if slightly predictable plot. Then some wacky animal added drugs and cheesy "I know you did this" conversations until you finally were like 'I can't stop watching even though the movies not amazing'. They sucked you in! And *spoiler alert* when a death happens the movie ends and you feel bad and really selfish that you're sitting on a couch eating popcorn when people are risking their lives. One overly dramatic scene makes you appreciate the military more! The brief bit of romance included is unoriginal (kiss at the end bla bla bla). Another thing is that the movie is really intense, I remember fire and water looking really intimidating, so that you're really absorbed and don't know the main character's name (umm Jonathan?). Have fun! Show it to kids who are like 12 or 13 they might consider recruiting afterward.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycellmembrane416 January 1, 2012

Good Movie

This movie is full of action and is lots of fun to watch. There were a few scary scenes, but overall the movie was great. Even though the movie was really intense it should be: Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence, language, and some disturbing content.

Teen, 16 years old Written byourblackego January 25, 2009

Yikes!!! 2 stars CSM??? C'mon! 5 all the way!

My all time favortite, if there is a more aspiring movie outthere i have yet to see it. If yor kids are interested in seeing it and are 11 or up say yes the ending will make you cry but then bring a smile to your face. I had no idea wat these guys did untill seeing this how much they go through for us. There is some language including a F**k, violence is there but not much, but there peril and tense rescueing scenes, All arounda great, inspiring and stunning movie.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER

ilove the action
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustjr92 April 9, 2008

A fun film

This movie is full of action and is lots of fun to watch. Why Common Sense Media gave it only two stars i cannot figure out! I thought that it was very entertaining and lots of fun to watch.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I liked it.

This movie was Okay But CS shouldnt have gavin it a 13+. But you might enjoy it. But there was way to much traing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byv-ball_luver April 9, 2008

A Little Long, But Overall, Very Good

This movie was a little long (Over two and a half hours), but other than that, was pretty good. The acting was good, and so was the plot and the special affects. My dad, brother and I enjoyed seeing it in theatres.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2018

This is a very good movie

First of all: Why did CSM give this 15+? This is intense but not that intense. And two stars, really? Rotten Tomatoes gave this 37%, I don't agree with that at all. CSM also says, "no positive messages," "no role models" and " no education value," thats just stupid. This movie is about risking your life to rescue people that are drowning. This is a really good movie to watch with everyone.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytheoldies April 9, 2008

Well it was good...

I liked it, though it was way to long, and the one guy didn't need to die at the end. I left after that. The sex was nothing, I mean it's probably good for 12 and up. I was mature enough to handle it, so it's not that big of a deal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalliebartekk April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS MOVIEE.

THIS MOVIE WAS THE BEST ONE I HAVE EVER SEEN. I CRIED FOREVER AFTER THE MOVIE, THAT IS WHAT MADE IT GOOD..
Teen, 14 years old Written byWildChild30793 April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT!!!

such a good movie everyone needs to see it gives you great respect for the rescue swimmers
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovienut April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

A Must watch!

I decided to watch this movie because it looked pretty interesting, I thought it looked a bit basic, but it was a great movie! The plot is amazing and the actors are great. I advice you to watch this movie. stars: 5 not for ages 11 and under
Teen, 14 years old Written byfox3 April 9, 2008

A very good message.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPumpItUp4TheTeam April 9, 2008

Guardian Of The Sea

A remakable story about friendship, courage, hope, and strength!!
Teen, 15 years old Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

tight

this movie was tight best movie