Parent reviews for The Heat

Female buddy-cop comedy mixes humor, violence, drinking.

Adult Written bymoviemaniac2 June 29, 2013

Disappointment rules

SO disappointed by Sandra Bullock and disgusted by Melisssa McCarthy.. the incredibly FOUL and RANK vulgar language overshadowed the entire movie..the story line was very typical -find the main drug dealing honcho..,, EVERY time McCarthy opened her mouth it was the F word and worse. I have no respect for her and will NEVER watch anything she appears in. Sandra--you disappoint me and my friends who saw the movie--I didn't know you were so desperate for a movie role that you would lower yourself to do such trash....maybe the public persona is just that--a persona. Will be much more careful in the future to really check out any movie you are starring in....just saying..

Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byKelliott94 July 11, 2013

Rethink taking your kids to this due to the VIOLENCE, not the language

I'm shocked at some of the other reviews focusing on mainly the language. Most kids are going to hear the language. I'm more concerned about the blood and violence in this movie for kids under 15. There is some pretty bloody scenes in the movie and shooting of people, hurting people, etc. I loved this movie for myself but would not take my kids. Not for the violence part anyway.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byale0405 July 13, 2013

Hilarious movie!

we took our 13 1/2 year old daughter to see this and we all thought it was hilarious. It was the first R rated movie we took her to because my mother and her friends from church saw it and if they weren't offended, then it's fine by me.The part of the movie mentioned by other reviewers on this sight about showing cartoon female body parts on a t.v. show is not correct. It's a throat and that's how she learns to do the tracheotomy that she performs very poorly later in the movie. Our daughter did cover her eyes during that scene as it is rather bloody. Great movie! I would see it again.

Parent of a 13, 16, and 18+ year old Written byshelly2121 July 17, 2013

adults only extreme violence/language/sex

Okay, this is NOT for children first of all. If you don't want your child exposed to extreme violence, sex, or horrible language, avoid this movie. For adults, its okay. It is funny, however, there were many sexual parts not needed, it opens with a married man buying time with a prostitute, and I agree that Sandra bullock was a little too trashy in this movie. I do not like women being overly sexualized. It is not necessary in this movie, they could have just toned down the sex & violence a bit & made more suitable for even teens.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byPEKO August 6, 2013

Keep young kids away from "the Heat"

not for kids under high school age. Horrible language and not very well written or acting in most parts. mildly funny at times but mostly disappointing. definite redbox rental at $1 other than that don't waste your time or money paying to see this garbage at a theatre.

Adult Written by3aboodTube November 22, 2015

Funny!!!

Very funny I recommend under 12 years old watch it with parents

Adult Written byMaxwell Stentiford August 9, 2015

Absolutely hilarious. A 14 year olds type of movie

This movie is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Yes, in every sentence there is an f word, but you sort of get used to it and ignore it. Overall, I think this movie is brilliant and great for everyone

Adult Written bymilica January 12, 2016
Adult Written byzackmaxwell September 21, 2015

Hilarious but raunchy and violent with tons of swearing.

This is probably the funniest movie I've ever seen. Melissa Mccarthy plays the role as a rude police officer so well. About every sentence she says to someone is an insult. There is tons and tons of swearing. Every sentence has f--k or s--t in it but that is what makes this movie hilarious. Yes it has lots of shooting scenes and in one scene, a knife is stabbed into someones leg while they're tied up and yes there are tons of sex reference s, that's why 15/16 year olds would love this. 14 year olds would als enjoy this but maybe they should wait 1 or 2 years.

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byGenevieve- August 22, 2013

Rated R For A Reason

This is definitely a movie you shouldn't take kids under 16 to see. Not age appropriate at all. I didn't see very many appropriate things said or done, as well as usage of inappropriate language in almost every sentence.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 17, 2013

16 and up.

this comedy movie stars with sandra bullock, and Melissa McCarthy the heat is a great comedy movie but only for mature audiences and parents you need to know that the heat has some intense violence there are some sexual references and constant strong language used and some drinking and smoking used such as beer, cigarettes, and joints besides all the content the movie does have a positive message about friendship and loyalty.

Adult Written bychristian2011 July 23, 2013

I didn't expect much when I first saw the preview, but I was surprised!

The Heat was actually a very funny movie with clever quotes and actions shown and said by the characters, and the acting was spot on. Melissa McCarthy was hilarious in this film, and of course Sandra Bullock rarely fails to impress - it's a sort of a female cop buddy comedy. The violence is infrequent, but quite graphic - people get shot (some in the heat at point blank range), a torture scene, and some brawls between characters. The language is the number 1 issue - PERVASIVE use of the words f**k, motherf**ker, godd**n, sh*t, d**k, p*ssy, and tons of name calling. There is a very fair and brief amount of adult/sexual content, some showing prostitutes, provocative night club dancing/stripping - mostly sexual dialogue and references (very graphic).

Parent of a 13 year old Written by[email protected] July 3, 2013

great not for the kids though!

Great movie! but not for kids. lots of foul language . movie would be good for say a 13 year old.

Adult Written bySlydog July 8, 2013

Vintage Mccarthy

This movie was a very funny movie that made me laugh a lot. However, there is a ton of swearing. It is very profane and my parents let me see movies with only swearing because I don't use that language. There are a couple references to Mccarthy sleeping with men and saying whether she "liked" it or not. But, the sex is on the down low. The plot revolves around a drug lord but not people using drugs. It does show big bags of marijuana though. Women also get very drunk and do some crazy things while drunk, but it only talks about it, doesn't show it. The violence is very comedic but is definitely present. But all in all a very funny movie that kept me laughing the whole time.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byMauiman August 9, 2013

Funny show

Funny, funny comedy with adult language.

Adult Written byzeekattacklee June 26, 2015

The heat review..

I watched this film a while ago and found it interesting. On the other hand, it does have its share of mature content.. On that note, I really would only recommend this film to mature teenagers and adults.. Otherwise, I would want parents to use strong judgement before letting younger children watch this..

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written bygoogol n. February 7, 2017

this is fantastic

i think this is perfect for a family movie night, good for all ages

Adult Written byPizza G. May 21, 2017

Funny, profane comedy has strong female leads

The Heat is funny, but also comes with lots of swearing and some blood--occasionally sex references. Lots of the violence is for comedic effect, but some of it is truly disturbing; in a particularly wince-worthy scene the two main characters, in an attempt at performing an emergency tracheotomy, cut a choking man's throat and stick a straw in it; they end up having to slam it down into his neck, spraying blood everywhere, but he survives. Melissa McCarthy is as profane as usual, and swears frequently. Despite some raunchy content, though, should be fine for teens.