Kid reviews for The Hobbit (1977)

The Hobbit (1977) Poster Image

Great for kids 10/10

I just watched this for the first time, and now I can proudly say that the negative "objective" reviews aren't true at all. The Hobbit was first, and always intended as a children's book, first written for J.R.R. Tolkien's own kids, and later published, so it's naturally a very very kid friendly adaptation. There's little to no real fighting, this animation is made by the same people who made Frosty the Snowman and such. There's no drugs, (besides Bilbo blowing some brief smoke rings once), no swearing, hardly any real violence, 0 sexual content of any kind. Perfectly kid friendly. If you're here for an already existing love of things Tolkien, like me, you're in luck. I think tomorrow I'm going to read The Hobbit again because this movie just gave me the sudden urge to go on a Tolkien marathon. There is downsides to lore enthusiasts, however, and here's just a few of them 1. Character designs, not really a big deal at all though, these include Gollum, wood elves, etc. 2. The deaths. (For the parents: no one actually dies on screen, in any violent way, there's 0 blood besides Thorin's cuts, the rest are only pronounced dead by Gandalf, no deceased shown) In the book it states: (SPOILERS) only 3 of the 13 dwarves die in the Battle of the Five Armies, but another 3 were later confirmed dead during the Lord of the Rings, so 6 dead dwarves in all. But the movie decided to say all 6 died during the end of movie battle. Including Bombur, who never died at all in the books.

better than the trilogy

This a great kids' adaptation of the Hobbit. It is very fun and lets younger kids enjoy a good version of the book. It is a little violent and some people die but mainly offscreen. Someone where a somewhat bloody bandage on his head. A dragon is shot with an arrow but doesn't bleed. Bilbo is also a good role model and kids will love him. Highly recommend.

the hobbit is not for little kids

i think the hobbit is a amazing movie but its not for kids because its really vilonte a guy shoots and kills a dragon in the neck theirs a big battleground of dead bodies and a old guy is seen in bleeding bandages and then dies with that being said i dont reccomend the hobbit 1977 for anyone under the age of 13

The hobbit

Very fun, very enjoyable cartoon. Very well matches the feel of the book. Best way to watch it is to read the book, then watch the movie

sweet

this is a sweet movie if you have nothing else to watch or small kids.

Scared me real bad at first.

This movie is based on the "The Hobbit" by J.R.R Tolkien. It's kind of embarrassing, the first few times I watched this I was so scared that when a part witch scared me came in I'd pretend to go to the bathroom so no one in the room would no I was scared. So if your a younger kid who scares easily you might want to do stay away from this movie. I don't remember any language at all. Characters smoke.

The Hobbit

The animated Hobbit is not as good as the live action Lord of the Rings movies. Everything happened so quickly, and I couldn't really follow along. But I loved the action, adventure, music and "magic", so it's certainly not a total loss.

cool

cool

The Administrator - Review

This animated short compacts the film, and is basically just feels like an audiobook with some visuals.

The movie was just ok. It went along with the book though. It's great for any kid...you should just save the time and watch Shrek or something...