Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Holiday Calendar

Warm holiday romance is cute but predictable.

Parent Written byN T December 15, 2018

Great Holiday Movie w/Christmas Magic!

This is a very good Christmas movie approprate for the entire family. There are elements, i.e. children as characers and scenes of magical realism that should keep younger children watching, but also characters representing three generations, main character, her parents and a grandparent - so something for everyone. It also represents a normal African-American family: educated, well-traveled, professional - no stereotypical A-A elements to make it "urban" or "edgy", which as an A-A mom, I appreciate. Super relatable and entertaining for people of all ages, race and nationalities.

Adult Written byAllieRosen November 19, 2018

This heroine needs the Scrooge treatment

So. Our heroine has problems. She wants to be a photographer. But. She isn't brave enough to travel the world to follow her dreams like her best friend. She can't bring herself to ask her parents to help her finance her own studio. She forces herself to work in a studio taking passport photos to "pay the bills" and lives in this gorgeous, but I suppose less than mansion-like loft. And the worst thing of all? Her parents keep offering to give her money! Or a job at their law firm. They are worried about her life choices! The absolute horror of it all. What this girl needs is a calendar that strips her of everything she has until the day before Christmas. Perhaps then, standing on the verge of the destitution and lonely despair that is the inescapable reality for so many people, will she realize how much she had to be grateful for.
Adult Written byAFishFam January 21, 2019

Great to watch with daughters

A sweet holiday themed rom-com. One of the best that Netflix dropped this season. It had a little magic, a lot of heart and themes of friendship and family.