Parent reviews for The Homesman

Add your rating

No reviews yet.

Add your rating

Very disturbing and disappointing

i just joined this site because of this movie because none of the previews or descriptions of the movie prepared me for the extremely disturbing images in this story. I wish I'd had this site to refer to first. It's not the story of a strong woman in a western the caliber of Unforgiven as I was lead to believe. I watched because I always loved the actors, but this story is dank, depressing and tells no good tale that I can see. I couldn't sleep afterwards and I've seen worse, I just chose a long time ago not to. Too much sex? Disturbing sex is more like it. Disturbing things done to children, don't waste your time. I wished I'd never have seen it. Although I'm well into adulthood there are still images that can cause me nightmares. This movie was it.

Utterly depressing, no depth

This tale has an interesting premise and the previews caught my attention but the story goes from bad to worse with no real meaning. It certainly gives an idea of how horrible life could be for some women on the frontier but there are few redeeming qualities. One of the worst, most depressing movies I've seen in a long time and I'm a big fan of Tommy Lee Jones. I watched with my 15 year old but certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Especially anyone under the age of 15.