Parent reviews for The Hundred-Foot Journey

The Hundred-Foot Journey Poster Image

Absolutely fantastic!

The hundred foot journey is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. I think this movie is fantastic because it has brings out the message that being with family and other people you love is what will make you happy. In addition to this it also has the message of not judging people based off of where they are from, but treating them based off of what kind of person they are.

schmaltz by numbers

Useful as a starting point for a discussion of how harmful and hurtful casual prejudice can be. There's nothing in the film that tweens and teens shouldn't see. but the film is by the numbers and lacks charm. a waste of the monumentally talented cast (Om Puri; Helen Mirren).

Lovely movie, may go over kids' heads

The only reason I would hesitate to recommend this for younger children is that there are two scary scenes involving fire - one in which a mob burns a place down, resulting in a person's (implied, not shown) death, and one in which another place is firebombed, resulting in burns to a main character's hands. Kids this age or younger who aren't familiar with the world of haute cuisine (which is to say, nearly all kids!) may find the details of Michelin stars and bechamel sauces tedious. But it's a lovely movie for parents and an OK one for kids to tag along to as long as the fire scenes won't scare them. Prejudice against an Indian family is also depicted although ultimately they triumph.

Wonderful movie to watch with your family. We saw it with our 12 year, 14 year and grandparents. It was enjoyed by all.