Parent reviews for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 Poster Image

A little less violent

Katniss only gets hurt by a brainwashed Petta.

The Quality We have Come to Expect

Another strong entry in the series, if not the best one this only serves as a compliment to the others. I thoroughly enjoyed it. As always the target audience is too young. With the violence and dark tone this is suitable for sixteen and above. By this point if you are watching this series you like it already. If you don't, I don't see this one changing your mind. However I highly recommend. Also I did not know Jennifer Lawrence could sing, but that voice is lovely.

Wonderful

Lots of violence. But very good. Includes bombing, shooting, and smoking.

Appropriate or not?

This book may have violence but it depends on if you can handle it. I read this when I was 9 years old and I don't like how parents keep babying their children. Young kids may be able to read this and if they like it, they might be a fan of divergent too. There is some disturbing parts like what happened to Peeta and all the people that died. Everyone says that this is not appropriate for most people but they don't know what they're talking about. The main message is that if you try and fight for yourself, you can make the world a better place. The movie seems more violent than the books. For instance, the part where Finnick dies, when Peeta tries to strangle Katniss and some other parts too. Just make sure that you're prepared to read this and if you don't like the violence, stop reading immediately. If you are a child, remember that this is not real, none of the cast really died, and please do not be inspired to kill. This is appropriate for 10 year olds and older for the average

Very Entertaining and Eye Catching

I enjoyed the movie with my brother who is 10 and my sister who is 10 also. My littlest brother who is 6 didn't enjoy the movie to we'll but the others loved it

Pretty good, although not as exciting

This movie was a more kid friendly movie than the first two. Less violence, less kissing, and no kids killing kids. I loved it, it was a epic movie. I would recommend ages 11 and up to watch with an adult.

Amazing

Mockingjay is one of the best movies I have seen in a while :) I went to see it with my older son and he loved it! (I recommend reading the books before seeing them movie though.) The movie had very little sexual content and no language. However, it did have violence, but I have seen worse. The characters and story are great and I would say this movie is for a family with older children. There is some humor and the message of the story is good.

I think it is a great movie for 11+

Great movie nice story just great