Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 5 parent reviews

Sort by:

Not for kids.

Nudity and sex depicted to graphically for children.

1 person found this helpful.

Good Movie but some indecency

I think the movie itself was a good one, however they could have done w/o the very close call where you see the side of her naked (parts are covered but it was a close call). I would of thought as a kid movie it could of done without that, after all Snow White is a kids movie. The story line was good and I enjoyed the movie but not so happy about the sexual context of it all.

1 person found this helpful.

Ok for a 12+

I think this movie is recommended for a 12

Violent with great comic relief

I saw this tonight with my nearly 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We all really enjoyed it. The imagery was phenomenal and the comic banter welcome amid the violence. There is some shirtless kissing and some choice words but great for both of my kids.

Love creates strength and joy

I saw it last night, so here is my full review. For parents with middle-schoolers, this isn't a bad movie. My 8th grader handled it very well, but I'm not sure about 7th or 6th grade kids. Sex - I would honestly give it a 2 out of 5, not a 3 out of 5. There is kissing, a shirt is removed only showing a bare back and one side of a bare woman breast is seen. There is also some cleavage, and goblins wear no clothes and appear nude. Violence - This is where it gets more extreme. When people get hurt, blood shows, there is crying people in pain, people stab each other with daggers, there is also a very high body count. Smoke rises everywhere, people suffocate, and a lot of the creatures get killed. Knives and axes are thrown. People look scarred in dungeons. An Elsa-type character also throws her ice and kills quite a few people. Language - Not as much of an issue as the first one. I heard one swear word, there is name-calling (i.e, weak, crazy, stupid, buffoon, horrifying, ugly, wanker), exclamations (i.e, shut your mouth, are you out of your mind), and one "Oh god no!"